Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Abian) (Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Rigid Yew Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
It still felt surreal to William, having to write letters to his siblings instead of them simply being right there when he wanted to talk to them. He had never expected to feel so isolated, in a place where he was surrounded by more people than he had ever seen in one place before. As much as part of him dreaded inevitably living in Maddy's shadow when she arrived at Hogwarts, William missed her desperately, and without Seb's stories to keep him distracted he was bored and restless. A prideful part of William had almost considered not writing to his family at first, to let them see just how well he was doing at school without them, but he had crumbled fast, missing his siblings desperately. So he made his way up to the owlery, letter in hand, yearning to hear anything back from his siblings. The letter wasn't entirely truthful, but maybe if Maddy at least thought he was really popular, it would set him up as the cooler guy when she arrived at school.
Letter said:
Dear Maddy and Seb

Hi! Hogwarts is awesome. I'm learning a bunch of spells and I made loads of friends. It's hard to even find the time to write to you guys but I wanted to let you know what Hogwarts is like.

It's awesome. Some of the people are kinda lame but I've got loads of friends, everyone really loves me. I joined a bunch of school clubs and they're alright. There's a huge forest here but we're not even supposed to go in it. That's stupid though, I'm definitely gonna go into the forest. They probably just don't want kids who don't know anything about hiking getting lost. I hoped the Wild Kids club would go into the forest but they just plant flowers and stuff which is better than nothing I guess. There's a boys club too I joined and it's really cool. I've got loads of friends.

How is home? Tell me what's going on in the campaign. I almost forgot we even still had one going, I've had so much to do here. I can cast so many cool spells now. Yesterday there was a huge fire and I put it out by myself. Magic is awesome. When you guys come here I'll show you all around the castle and tell you what's cool.

You should write me back soon but I dunno when I'll even have time to read it.
Bye!
-Wills

((I’m godmodding Seb a lot because he’s also my character))

Maddy had expected Wills to send them a letter the day after he got to Hogwarts, and instead she was on the verge of writing one to him to demand he do so when it finally arrived. It was all very well for Wills, he got cool new things to do while he was away. Nothing had changed for Maddy and Sebastian, except their brother’s absence. There was a hole in their lives, with nothing to fill it.

There was something that didn’t ring quite true about Wills’ letter, but Maddy couldn’t pinpoint what it was. Except the thing about putting out the fire, that sounded like one of his tall tales. Maddy and Seb poured over the letter together at the table, before she wrote a reply with Seb looking over her shoulder and interjecting things she should include. ”It seems a bit mean for him to say he might not even read it,” Sebastian said. ”I don’t think he means it like that,” Maddy reassured him. ”He just wants us to know he’s busy. Actually, I don’t think he means it at all.”
Dear Wills,

Hi!!! It’s great that you’re having a good time at Hogwarts, but you can’t just be so vayg vague. You have to tell us everything! What house are you in? Who are your new friends? What are they like? What spells are you learning? What’s it like sleeping in a dorm? In a castle! Have you done any exploring around the castle yet?

Not being allowed to go in the forest sounds really dumb. It’s not like it’s dangerous. But I guess a lot of kids don’t know all the stuff we do. I bet it would be fine for us to go in. You should tell us all about it when you do. Seb says a flower planting club sounds really cool, he definitely wants to join it.

Things are mostly the same as usual at home, although we do miss you lots. Mum and Dad told the Fletchers they sent you to boarding school cos there aren’t high schools here, but no one’s really convinced.

We finally found the enchanted castle - well, I guess you did too, except yours is real. It’ll be interesting to see how we get in without you. Last week Seb said William The Destroyer was captured by the Dark Wizard Isor, so we’re gonna have a quest to rescue you by the time you get back for the holidays.

Lots and lots and lots of love,
Maddy and Seb

P.S. Super top secret DM message from Seb, for your eyes only: So, William The Destroyer is now in the secret fortress of the Dark Wizard Isor. I thought it would be cool - if you want to - for him to try to escape and wreak some havoc there. Like a little secret RP for us, with effects in the campaign later on. If you’re keen, send me a super secret P.S. with what you want to do when you next write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back