Talking to the dead

Sinclair Blaze

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Sinclair Blaze entered the Rosebush. It's been years since he visited the place and he didn't really plan to visit the place today. But when he was in his History of Magic, he suddenly realized that he should "pay my respects to Miss Rose today." And it began with that.

The Rosebush wasn't as noisy as the Garden, Sinclair thought. It is a sort of burial place, after all and the students ought to not disturb this place, especially in this world where ghosts could just stay in their school as long as they want. But Miss Rose most probably had left this world a long time ago. Sinclair thought it was such a waste. He wanted to know what kind of person Miss Rose was, what kind of life she led and all those kinds of things.

He looked at the grave, staring at it for a long time. "Hello, Miss Rose. I came here to visit you." he mumbled as though there was a living person standing in front of him. And Sinclair wished that someone--not necessarily Miss Rose--would answer him. He needed to talk to someone.

Dannii Merrythought walked quietly along the shore until she reached the Rosebush. Between prefect duties, quidditch, and general school work Dannii just needed some time alone to work on her art. Dannii had been working on one sketch all year because she just didn't have the time to work on it. It was the short blissful period between exams and Christmas break though and Dannii wanted to have this done so she could crank out a few fake and cheerful pictures for her Aunt over the holidays.

Dannii usually came to the Rosebush to be alone because not many people liked it here. Dannii found it peaceful sitting there with Rose, even if she had never met her. Dannii looked up from her sketch just long enough to see a boy sitting at the bush talk to Rose. "I'm sorry, I'll leave" Dannii said not wanting to barge in on something like that. I guess theres always my dorm room. I'm the only one who lives in there anyways She told herself feeling stupid for not thinking of that first.

Sinclair realized that someone was actually at the area. And when he looked at the girl, she could have heard what he was saying to the grave because then, she said that she was going to leave. "Don't leave yet, please." Sinclair said with his usual gentle voice. Since when did he sound so weak? He stood up from where he was sitting and looked closely at the girl. He knew her name, though Sinclair was quite sure that they've never really introduced themselves formally since they both entered Hogwarts. "I don't own the place, that's why you're free to be here as long as you want. But I apologize for being a little noisy. I think you're doing something that requires concentration." he continued and smiled, glancing at the sketchbook. Sinclair never really knew how to draw. It wasn't his forte. "And besides, I'm sure Miss Rose likes your company."

Dannii slowly turned around when the boy asked her to stay. Now that she actually got a good look at the boy she recognized him as a 7th year. Slytherin perhaps? Then again the way he spoke didn't really scream Slytherin. Of course Azerail was the same way. Dannii noticed he was looking down at her sketch book and pressed it up against she chest. No one saw her sketches. "Uh thanks. I'm Dannii by the way, Dannii Merrythought." Dannii introduced herself. This wasn't particularly hard for Dannii, she wasn't a shy person. She just preferred to be alone most times. "I doubt Rose would like my company. I'm just some stranger who barges in on her memorial every once and a while. Did you know Rose?" Dannii asked. She knew that Rose would have been a few years older then the boy, but there was always the possibility.

Sinclair watched as the girl clutched her sketchbook and figured out that she might not want him to see what she had drawn. Sinclair let it go, completely understanding that people have their own secrets. Instead, he stretched his hand for a handshake. "Sinclair Blaze from Slytherin." he waited for her to accept that handshake, but continued talking, anyway.

"No, I never knew her." he answered her question, giving off a frown, though he quickly concealed it with his smile. Sinclair walked around and started holding some roses that he thought to be beautiful. "I wish I did, though. She seemed to be a really important person, having a memorial in her school. I never really understood the whole story, though." he explained and then looked back at Dannii. Sinclair transferred to Hogwarts when he was in his fourth year. And since then, no one really explain to him what this memorial was for.

"Then if I did, maybe my visits here would have become more meaningful." he continued talking. The bright blue sky stayed bright above the two students, as though promising no night at all. "I considered this place quite important because I met a friend in this exact spot..." he trailed off for a moment, remembering things. And then he looked at Dannii. "And I'm meeting one again." he said with a smile, pertaining to her.

Dannii shuffled her sketch book and pencils over so she was holding them in her right hand and shook Sinclair's hand with the other. The Hufflepuff prefect watched as Sinclair walked around admiring the roses. He seemed very dedicated to someone he didn't even know. Dannii agreed with him though. She must have had a very tragic death to get her own memorial at the school. "I doubt we'll ever know if we don't know now" Dannii replied looking around. Sinclair was in his 7th year and Dannii was in her 6th. Anyone who would have known Rose had graduated a few years back.

A smile formed on Dannii's lips when Sinclair said he had met a new friend there. Having friends had been a foreign concept to Dannii since her parents death. The one exception being Azerail. But still it would have been nice to have someone to talk to when he was busy. "You really want to be my friend? But you know nothing about me. For all you know I could be a completely horrible person." Dannii joked. She of course hoped she wasn't a horrible person without realizing it.

Sinclair only smiled gently when Dannii mentioned that she may be a completely horrible person. "Well... Let's just say that I'm quite used to it, coming from Slytherin." Of course almost everyone knows about 'the evil snakes', and Sinclair was well aware of it. "But I can't really judge by looking. You look really kind, though I'd need to know you more to decide whether to continue hanging out with you or not." It was sort of a bluff, though. Anyone who knew Sinclair--or anyone who's looking at Sinclair at the moment might guess that he didn't mean what he said. Of course he'd hang out with anyone, horrible or not. Besides, people all have their good sides. It's impossible to only have the bad one.

"The person I met here, people thought she was mischievous and all. But really. She was a very kind person, though it's sad to think that we're not seeing each other anymore." Sinclair told Dannii. Now he remembers that time when he found that girl lying on the tomb as though it was nothing. What a peculiar meeting that was. But it turned out well, anyway.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the delay, I got really angry last night and lost my muse.

"Just when I thought the ol' stereotype about Slytherin's being evil pricks wasn't true" Dannii said with a hint of a laugh in her voice. "Well I wont give you any reasons to think I'm horrible as long as you don't give me any to think you are," Dannii responded. Dannii had never had any enemies before but she wasn't going to kiss someones ass to make them like her. She would never be that lonely.

"How come you're not going to see her anymore?" Dannii asked curiously. She knew it probably wasn't her place but she wanted to know. Even though she had only knew Sinclair for about ten minutes he didn't seem the type to just lose friends. Dannii flipped open her sketch book to a new page and began doing a rough outline of a girl. She slowly began to add details until it began to look like a person. "I don't mind if you see this one. Its not my real art." Dannii said looking over to Sinclair. This drawing meant nothing to her. It was just something she was doing to show off to her Aunt.

OOCOut of Character:
It's alright. Hope you're okay now. xD

Sinclair had to think back when Dannii asked him why he and his friend was not seeing each other anymore. "Now I wonder why.." he muttered, still thinking. "I dunno. Maybe I was just being too irresponsible." he finally answered with a slight smile. "You might have met her before. Her name's Hoshi, from Slytherin like me." Sinclair wondered if it was necessary to tell Dannii that Hoshi was his girlfriend. But it just seemed not proper because all this time, he'd been a very indifferent boyfriend to her.

Looking at Dannii's sketch, Sinclair was quite impressed. He had only seen his little sister's drawings and they were different to Dannii's, but they're both beautiful. He couldn't help but smile. "You have a real talent there, Dannii. I wish I knew how to draw." But of course he doesn't. He was only talented with music and nothing else. Although Sinclair does appreciate different kind of arts. "You should join drawing contests or something. Are they doing things like that here at Hogwarts?" Sinclair was never really active when it comes to school programs. He had always been either inside the common room or at the library, reading books.

OOCOut of Character:
Yeah I'm fine :p

Dannii shrugged when Sinclair answered her question and returned to her drawing. "Really your friend was Hoshi? I've never met her but I've heard of her. Who could attend Hogwarts and not hear about Hoshi." Dannii said sounding a little bit amazed. Hoshi was infamous for the numerous pranks she had pulled and chaosed caused. Honestly Sinclair didn't seem like her type. Well I can't really think that. I did never meet the girl. She could have a whole other side to her. Dannii thought.

"Thank-you. Its not that hard, it just takes a lot of practice" Dannii replied. She had been drawing for 8 years now and you looked through all her work in order you would definitely see her talent grow over the years. "No theres nothing like that at this school. If there was though I wouldn't enter. My art if for me." She said her tone ending the conversation. Her art was a way for her to cope. Not to be put on display.

Sinclair forced a chuckle when he heard Dannii's reaction about Hoshi. "Ah, well.. She was my girlfriend." he finally admitted. Sinclair then realized that it was the first time that he told anyone that Hoshi was his girlfriend. Really. They weren't really the dream pair in school. Hoshi was popular and almost everyone knows her, while Sinclair was always hiding from the crowd. Hoshi was a prankster while Sinclair always saves students who're being bullied. "Although! Although I know she's going out with someone else now." he added with a smile.

Sinclair thought it was such a waste that Hogwarts wasn't doing art competitions. It could be a pretty good chance to look at different art works. "You should show your talent, you know. Not that I'm dictating you." he said. "I can only play the piano a little, and I wish I could show it to everyone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back