Closed Talking Over Melodies

Charlie considered what Eugene was saying, staring at nothing in particular as he mulled it over. "My gut is so twisted anymore I'm not sure what it's saying," he settled on finally. He peeked to Eugene and blushed. "Maybe... if you wanted to, we could kiss?" Charlie asked. "Just to see what happens?" He laughed a little then, looking away and rubbing the back of his neck. "Sometimes I'd rather just focus on my violin, I'm jealous. I tried ignoring all this, but these thoughts just keep popping up unbidden." He shrugged, looking back to his friend.

Eugene gave a little frown, it wasn't great that Charlie was having such problems. He thought about what was offered. He had never had a kiss before, but he didn't have those sorts of feelings towards Charlie, so there would be no harm in it. "Okay," he agreed with a little smile. He moved his guitar lightly. "I've been playing guitar so long, maybe that's why," he replied with a shrug. He could just focus on his music because it was his outlet and he just let himself be focused on it. But they were going to kiss, so he was moving himself, to be much better placed for it.

Charlie's mouth had gone dry. He hadn't really expected the boy to say yes. He let out a slow sigh, building up his courage. He leaned over, hesitating a minute before leaning in to meet Eugene's lips with his own. The kiss was shy, hesitant, unsure. Charlie lingered a moment, waiting to feel the world move like he had read in stories and seen on tv. He pulled back, pouting a bit without thinking and turning to stare at nothing in particular as he tried to think about what had just happened.

Eugene leaned in and lightly kissed Charlie. It didn't last long, only about a moment or so, and it was odd, like kissing his cousin or something, not like it was bad, he had no idea what a bad kiss even was, but it wasn't, some amazing kiss either. it was like kissing a friend, like if he held his hand. When the silence followed he glanced at Charlie and gave a little shrug. "How was that for you? Did it help your head?" he asked, he didn't want to say anything too bad. "It was fine for me.....but....like I don't feel any different, and you're still very much a friend....,"

Charlie stirred as Eugene spoke, looking to his friend and giving him a shy smile. "I mean, sorta?" He offered slowly, turning away again, more visibly pouting now. "Like... it wasn't bad?" He rubbed the back of his neck. "But I'm also okay if we never do that again. Like maybe cheek kisses or something, but I wouldn't be heartbroken," He tried to joke, giving Eugene a playful smile. The smile faltered though, after a moment. "I don't think that was a really romantic kiss, do you?" He asked, looking to his friend. He was pretty sure he knew the answer, but it was probably better to check anyway.

Eugene was a little worried for Charlie's reaction. he didn't want his friend to be sad or feel disappointed about the kiss, he also didn't want him to end up feeling a way which Eugene didn't. So he was glad when Charlie seemed to agree slowly. It wasn't with the same certainty which Eugene felt but it was at least an affirmative that what had just happened wouldn't be the same as a kiss with someone he liked. "Good, though I've heard heartbreak is good for song writing," Eugene joked back. he then smiled and gave a small shake of his head. "No, but you're my best friend, Charlie, and nothings gonna change that, I love you like a brother,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back