Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Jordie knew he was having issues. He'd been trying to ignore it, but it was getting so intense that he knew if he left it, left his issues shoved into the back of his mind, then he'd drown in it. He knew there was a therapist here at school. Onyx had seen her before, after his accident, and he was pretty sure Leo was seeing him, but he hadn't pushed too much to know for sure. Still, he needed to see her himself. He was nervous, but this would be good for him, right? He chewed on his lip, raising his hand and knocking on her door in the back of the library.

The start of the year always brought a new rush of appointments, in Maria's experience. Kids for whom school had been an escape from troubles at home could be feeling particularly fragile after such a long time away from the castle, and giving them extra support in this time was important. On top of that there were her recurring visitors, and those adjusting to new start of school year stresses, making a lot for Maria to keep on top of this time of year. She hadn't been surprised when the new Head Boy had made an appointment, pleased that someone in such a stressful new position was looking for support. When Jordan arrived for his appointment she greeted him with a cheerful smile, opening the door wide so he could enter her office. "Jordan? Come on in, make yourself comfortable. Would you like tea or coffee?" She added, closing the door behind him once he was inside.

Jordie smiled as the woman opened the door, walking inside. "Jordie," He corrected automatically. He took a seat on one of the couches, smiling softly and folding his hands together. "Tea, please," He replied easily. He looked around before picking up a pillow, hugging it to himself. "Thanks for taking the time to see me today." He told her, folding his legs up under him.

Maria nodded as Jordie corrected her on his nickname, filing it away in her mind to make sure she wouldn't forget. She nodded as he asked for tea, busying herself preparing two cups. "How do you take it?" She asked cheerfully as two cups made their way to the tea table with a quick flick of the wand. She shook her head when he thanked her, smiling warmly. "I'm always happy to talk any time you like." She said gently, moving into her well-practiced introductory speech as she set about making their tea. "So as you know, I'm the counsellor. Anything you say in my office will remain entirely confidential between us, with two exceptions. If I believe you're in immediate danger of hurting yourself or anyone else, I'm required to inform your Head of House so we can keep everyone safe. Other than that, anything at all that you say in this room will remain entirely between us. You can talk about anything you like at your own pace, you're in charge here."

Jordie asked for honey in his tea, playing with the tassels on the pillow until the tea was ready. He nodded as she talked to him, finding it all perfectly reasonable. "Right, of course," He told her, playing with the tassels on his pillow. "It's nothing all that serious, really," He told her, looking down at the pillow. "It'll probably be good to talk a little and I want to set a good example for Leo." He ran a hand over his hair, letting out a deep breath.

Maria was pleasantly surprised by Jordie's reason for seeing her, nodding as she sent his tea floating over with a flick of her wand, and returned to her seat with her own. "I think that's a very mature attitude." She smiled. "Modelling good mental healthcare for other students is an excellent idea, and even if it's not serious, I would much rather people come to see me before things get serious, so we can try to avoid the worst case." She explained, setting her quill and parchment to take notes for her as she got comfortable. "So, what brings you here?"

Jordie bit his lip. He couldn't deny the little bit of praise felt good, and he sighed. "A few things," He admitted gently, looking down at the floor. "I've been working myself too hard. I practice for Quidditch three times a week, two with the other chasers, I run twice a day, I take yoga over lunch, I try to look out for the younger kids, there's my prefect patrols and I study whenever I can, not to mention my band practice twice a week."

He sighed, leaning back into the couch and leaning his head back, looking up at the ceiling. "I wanted to be head boy and Quidditch captain- my sister was when she was in school. I come from a wildly successful, rich family. I was adopted in, and- I don't know, I guess I've just always felt I had to prove I belong with them. And now- I don't know- I'm not sleeping as well anymore... and I didn't get captain. Rene is a great captain, don't get me wrong, I just... wanted to be the one to give it to him." He bit his lip. "I knew Tilly was pulling away from me... our families are close, I thought we were close, but I was trying not to push... I'm not going to stop working with Quidditch, looking out for the other chasers. I just- it feels like I failed... even doing my best, it wasn't enough." His throat felt tight, so he shut his eyes and swallowed hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back