Talking Dreams

Luke Jones

OOC First Name
Teigan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Luke Jones was over the moon. Sarah had been so busy the last couple of weeks that he'd barely seen hide nor hair of her. He'd planned a nice little dinner for them tonight however because he was celebrating being able to see each other. Luke and Sarah had been together for a long time now. Nigh on six years. They'd started dating when she was in fifth year and someone had played a cruel joke on her. Setting Sarah up on a date with someone they thought would turn into a disaster, but Luke had ended up finding Sarah's attitude a great challenge. His family were a very particular type of people and they often challenged each other to find the most complicated person they could and work with it. It had started out as a game, but eventually Luke had taken quite the liking to Sarah and they ended up coming together. He loved Sarah and would travel to the ends of the earth for her.

Setting up the table, Luke moved back to the kitchen and waved his wand, checking how the food was doing. As a vegan, Luke didn't eat meat or anything made from or by animals. Though he cooked it for Sarah when she wanted it, he never ate it himself. His family were deeply in tune with Druid ideals and it was part of the reason his mother was kicked out of her family. He'd never admit his familial ties to certain families, and they would likely never admit them either, so he was generally fairly safe either way. Still, sometimes he was worried that someone would figure out the connection and exploit it, but he didn't know how, seeing as nothin anyone did to his family would get his cousins involved. He was really just being a bit pedantic about it. Thinking was not something he did best, especially when he was cooking, he tended to get all melancholy about things. At a sound outside, Luke turned around and waved his wand at the door. "If it's not you out there, Sarah, you better not come inside or I'll curse you." He said, though he knew it was her. Why would anyone else bother lurking outside someone's house. "Also, yes I realise I've broken in, but, you know, I wanted to surprise you."

Sarah Keith was exhausted. She had been so busy at work the last couple of weeks, they all had really, because for some reason so many people had decided that it would be a good idea to experiment with spells rather than leave it to the professionals who were actually paid to do so. Was it something in the air that was making people go crazy? It didn't help that the Committee on Experimental Charms was only a small department as well. Each employee had to do the work of three in the last couple of weeks, which was why when Sarah's boss had come in a few minutes earlier to tell her that she could go for the night, Sarah leapt at the offer. Looking at her watch, Sarah saw it was still fairly early. Maybe she and Luke could go and do something special. That poor man, she owed him so much. He had been so patient with her in the last couple of weeks, so understanding when she didn't want to go out because she was exhausted from work, or when she had even fallen asleep on his couch a few times when they were watching a movie. Whilst thinking of Luke, a small smile had appeared on her face. She couldn't believe that it was almost their sixth anniversary. She still remembered how they had met. One of her so called "friends" at Beauxbatons had set Sarah up on a blind date, because they thought it would be funny to set her up with someone who was her complete opposite. Because at the time, Luke really had been her complete opposite. Sarah still shuddered when she remembered how much of a handful she had been back then with her attitude and the walls she had built around herself in order to protect others from her. At that time, she had still blamed herself for Naomi's kidnapping, and had feared that if she let anyone in, that they too would leave her. Luckily for her, Luke had seen her barriers as a challenge, and was determined to break through them, eventually succeeding when no one else had. They had been together ever since, with Luke proposing to her when she was 19.

Even more determined now to make it up to Luke for the last couple of weeks, Sarah apparated home, arriving on her doorstep, where she could hear someone inside her house moving about and her door unlocked. Instantly tensing, she began reaching for her wand, stopping when she heard Luke call out to her. Shaking her head at her paranoia, because why would anyone break into her house, she made her way inside, pushing the door open. She was instantly engulfed by the smell of dinner that Luke was working so hard on. 'Mmm, that smells delicious.' She said, as she placed her bag on the lounge. Making her way into the kitchen, she heard Luke's second statement and laughed. 'If this is what happens when you break in, you're welcome to break in any time that you want. Though it's hardly breaking in when you have a key.' She couldn't help but smile at the sight of her fiancé when she entered the kitchen, and quickly made her way over to him. When she reached him, she stood on her toes, and gave him a kiss on the lips, as she wrapped her arms around his neck. 'Evening, handsome.' she smiled. 'I missed you today.'

Luke Smiled down at Sarah, wrapping her up in his arms. She wasn't too much shorter than him, but enough for him to enjoy his height and use it against her when he was feeling particularly annoying. Still, Luke never did anything to hurt Sarah and that was all he cared about. "Of course it smells delicious, because I am cooking it and as you are aware, I am amazing at any and all things that I do." He let her down slightly as he waved his wand overt the food again. "We're having an entirely vegan meal today, hope you don't mind. I wasn't able to get my hands on any meat before coming over here." He noted that the food was almost ready and looked over at his fiancé'. "Do you mind setting the table, this is all done." Altogether it had taken him about two hours to prepare. He was being very precise and used mostly muggle techniques, though he often paired it with magic to make things easier for himself. He couldn't wait for Sarah to try the Spiced Plum Chutney, it was his mother's recipe and one of his all-time favourite dishes.

Moving the food over to the table, Luke pointed out each dish and gave a small explanation of them. "In the white bowl there we have a simple hummus, the main ingredient is chickpeas which are incredibly good for you. High in protein and fibre and more than ten micronutrients, including a hefty amount of the mineral copper, keeping our hair and skin nice and healthy. Served with crunchy veg for dipping, breadsticks and lovely warm flat-breads." He pointed to the grey plate. "Based on a beloved old family recipe of my fathers, this method really takes advantage of stuffing and slow-roasting the squash. You get wonderful flavours exchanging in the centre, great textures, and the slices look amazing." He was beginning to greatly enjoy his descriptions of his food. "I put the vegetable crisps in a wicker basket, and I won't explain them because you can clearly see what they are." He told her laughing. Last came his favourite dish and he hoped that she really liked it. "This last dish, is my favourite as a kid, so I am warning you now to like it." he told her playfully. "I made a Spiced Plum Chutney because I hate jam."

Sarah couldn't help the laugh that escaped her when Luke wrapped her up in his arms. She would never admit it to Luke as he already teased her about her height, but she loved that he was quite a bit taller than her as it made her feel protected when he held her in his arms. Before meeting Luke, Sarah would never have imagined that she would actually like the idea of someone protecting her. She had been so independent, and had refused to let anyone get too close to her for fear of something happening to that person too. Luke had taught her that it was okay to trust and rely on others, though she was still working on it as the only person she truly trusted was Luke. He never minded when sometimes she was a bit too clingy, understanding that it was a way for her to cope with what had happened to her in the past. 'You are amazing.' she said sincerely, 'and I love your cooking. I could never cook the way that you do. Remember the last time I tried to cook us a meal?' she laughed as she remembered. For their fifth anniversary she had wanted to surprise Luke by cooking a meal as he was always the one to cook for the pair, but Sarah could not cook. She ended up accidentally burning the meal so badly that the smoke that filled the kitchen ended up setting off the fire alarm, alerting the firefighters who came out to the house to check it out. She had been so embarrassed, but Luke had been so sweet about it, making her feel better. Though he did make her promise never to try cooking again. Well, not without his supervision.

As soon as she was put down, Sarah nodded and went over to the drawers to grab the cutlery, and set them on the placemats. She then got two glasses from the cupboard and a large bottle of water from the fridge, and placed them on the table too. When she was finished, Luke had already moved the food over to the table, so she took her seat and listened to him explain each dish. She noticed the smile that appeared on his face as he described the dishes, which made a small smile appear on her face. He was so passionate about food and cooking, and she loved seeing him so happy. When Luke 'warned' her to like the spiced plum chutney as it was his favourite dish, she laughed in response. 'I'm sure I will love it. All of this looks amazing Luke, thank you.' Sarah took a bit from each dish, and placed it on her plate. She made sure to sample the chutney first since Luke said it was his favourite and instantly it became one of her favourite dishes as well. 'This is so delicious! It's so full of flavour!' she gushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back