Taking to the skies

Patrick O'Brien

Patrick walked down to the pitch his scarlet streak over his shoulder. He looked about smiling, seems like everyone was at class then. He held his broom at waist level and straddled it, he kicked off and soared straight up in a steep vertical climb. It had been too long.
Since he had first had a flying lesson at 11yrs old he had flown on a regular basis. When he had left school and joined the Irish Quidditch team, he had flown for hours on end every single day. Even as assistant coach to the team he had made sure he was up in the air regularly. But since he had become staff at HNZ, this had been his first opportunity.
He veered right and swooped low, leaning down into the broom to gather momentum. The wind whipped past him and he welcomed it, loved it needed it.
He rose again going as far up as he could without getting dizzy from the altitude, he hovered before tipping his broom and diving in a vertical drop. His broom could knot up 225mph and he was hell bent today to get every bit of that out of it.
He came down fast like a rocket, pulling up as he neared the ground and swerving in the direction of the hoops. He lifted the head of the broom to climb again then ducked and dived between each hoop.
He slowed down his speed to just relax now and glide along the pitch at a comfortable pace.
'now this I could get used to' he smiled to himself.

Ivy ran to the pitch, cluthing her firebotl tightly. She wanted to catch up on missed practicing and get back into shape. "UP!" she commanded kindly. Ivy mounted the broom in a smooth movement and soared high into the sky. Ivy was just finishing her usual practice drills consisting of flips and dives that Ginny had tought her, when she sensed that she was alone. Ivy turned on instinct to find Mr. O'Brien circling the pitch. He seems to enjoy flying, Ivy mused, I bet he was the one that tought Andy. Ivy grinned and flew towards him. Grinning she asked," taking advantage of the weather?" Ivy asked brightly.

Patrick smiled as one of his previous patients flew up to join him.
"It's the first real chance I've had to come up here", he smiled and looked about he loved the sky.
"I miss it, I really do. And you Ms..." he looked at her trying to remember her name, "... Ms. Black? do you enjoy being out here then?"

Ivy grinned as Mr. O'Brien recognised her. " Ya, I do enjoy flying, its very carefree and a feeling of freedom I guess. " Ivy tried lamely to explain her passion for flying. Thining about what Mr. O'Brien said, Ivy asked curiuosly, " You went to Hogwarts?"

Patrick continued flying at a leisurely pace, "Yep Hogwarts Scotland, Gryffindor house. My sister was Ravenclaw... Andromeda's mom. I don't know if you know my niece she's Gryffindor here", he smiled at her, "Started off as chaser on the house team, moved up to Captain in my fifth year and after school made it to the Irish team. So have been pretty much flying since I began at Hogwarts".

"Wow, really?" Ivy asked with new respect. Ivy has always wanted to be an awesome quidditch player. " That must have took a lot of practice!" Ivy exclaimed. She did some spirals in the air, thinking of Andy, " Ya I know her" Ivy answered with a smiled, " your neice I mean. Andy likes to fly alot too " Ivy grinned, "Must be in the blood," Ivy joked. With that, she did more dives before returning to circling the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back