Taking a walk with Maddiie

Crystal Peakocks

Crystal and Maddiie were taking a stroll around the lawn. It was great time to catch up.
" So what did you do christmas break?" Crystal asked admiring the frozen seen on the lawn.

Maddiie was still feeling ill, she was confused at first at what she was being asked, but than realized what she had said. "I stayed..here." she reply back, it had been ages since she last spoken to Crystal, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to tell her of what had happen during Christmas brake.

Crystal took a good look at her friend. She didn't look her usual self. "Maddiie, are you feeling ok?" She asked. Maddie defenetly looked ill. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to come out into the cold.

Maddiie had smiled sly at her friend. "I'm okay" she needed the fresh air, it had been a long time since she had been outside, espically in the winter cold. But lot has happen since than.

Crystal wasn't totally convinced but she decided not to push it...yet! Instead she started to talk about a christmas home with her parents. "...the party was great until all my mums clients from work showed up and they started talking about things that would put you into sleep forever!" She took a breath and then remebered the worst part,"and then if thats not enough my cousin a million times removed, I don't know the exact unfortunate relation I have with him, shows up and I'm stuck babysitting!" Crystal made a gag face. " He's a couple of years younger then me." She explained.
After talking for so long she thought it was definately Maddiie's turn. "So what this place like at christmas?" Crystal had never stayed at school for christmas. Her parents would miss her too much.

Maddiie had listen, a little of Crystal story but her mind was wondering off, after Crystal had finished ranting about baby sitting, she had asked Maddiie question. It took her a while to register what she was saying, until finally she took a deep breath."My mom died.." she said looking away back towards the ground, she didn't say much. But she didn't have too, that explain of why she was feeling so sorrow.

They were supposed to let her go home, but she couldn't, not another year back. She had decided to just stay here, and go home during the summer, but it didn't set her right all. Shouldn't she be at home, helping her father?, or try to help them get through is as a family? No, she couldn't bare to face them, there was nothing for her to do anyways. All she can do was cry, and nothing at all.

Crystal's jaw dropped. She couldn't believe what she heard. Here she was talking about a fun christmas with her folks while poor Maddiie had lost her mother. She didn't know what to say. What words could possibly be comforting at a time like this?
"I'm really sorry." She finally whispered. "I had no idea." Crystal put her arm around Maddiie to comfort her knowing no comfort could be possible. After a few mineuts she dared ask,"How did it happen?"

Maddiie had felt Crystal put her arms around her, possibly trying to comfort her. But it didn't do no good, all her tears had dried up, and all emotion towards people were a little blunt. After Crystal let her go, she gazed out a bit, when she asked what happen? That what I would like to know, she asked herself a million times before she got out her. What happen, what happen? she continue to question herself over and over again. "I don't know" she said still gazing out.

Crystal got confused. How can someone not know how thier own mother had died? She realized there were probebly a lot of parts in this story she didn't know about and it was now dawning on her how little she knew about Maddiie's family.
For now all she could do was look confused and say,"OH! Right!"

Maddiie read Crystal confusing look as she responded, with oh right. She really couldn't explain anything much to her because she herself didn't know the details. All what was said to her was her mother had died, no explanation whats so ever. Nothing after that, nothing was said. "I don't know because, no one has told me anything about her death." she explain a little, Crystal wasn't as close to Maddiie. But she still felt a little connected to her, because of them being house mates.

" But thats terrible!" Crystal exclaimed." You have a right to know! They have to tell you!" She paused a little confused." Who are 'they' exactly?!"

"My father." she said looking down at the grass. "He wrote a letter, didn't even have the guts to tell me." she explain a little more. She wanted to cry, but still no tears came out. She never got to say good bye, that what hurt the most, that she will never get the chance. "I wish I can see her again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back