Taking a break

Thomas Smith

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
Thomas exited Flourish and Blotts, glad to be on his lunch break. The place was so busy, what with the new school year just around the corner everyone was getting their new supply of books, thankfully he had gotten his early; being an employee had its bonus. After getting a light lunch at the ice cream parlour he saw the he still had some spare time before Mel was looking him back at the shop.

Walking down the streets of Obsidian he peered in through the various shop windows, not with the intention of buying, but it kept him busy. But as he looked through the windows he began to wonder if he would run into his new friend anytime. Whenever he thought about her his stomach did a flip, not the same way it did when he thought about Autumn, it was more nerves than feelings.

Everything that happened at the end of the year had all gone in so quickly he didn't even had time to talk to Isabella in public so they could test it out. They both knew how hard it was going to be, acting as friends in public without their inner feelings taking over. But they both knew they had to keep it on the low, and acting as friends shouldn't be too hard, to Thomas they were friends, they had both gotten along very well that day in the dungeons, it's still hard to believe how two different people could have so much in common.

Anita was estatic, she had finally been sorted and was offically a First year Ravenclaw at Hogwarts New Zealand. She hadn't exactly bought her actual school supplies yet but she would get around to it. A blue and bronze scarf was wrapped around her neck with some bronze gloves and a pair of Sapphire earrings in her ears. Sure Gryffindor had been her aspiriation but Ravenclaw was definitely good enough for her. She looked quite different in the rich jewel tones and neutral blacks and whites. As she walked down the streets of Obsidian Harbor the winter wind cut through her like a knife causing a sharp tremor. Her usual wardrobe wouldn't be much good here aside from Summertime.

Needless to say with the fantastic mood she was in and seeing her only good friend at Hogwarts Anitas mind didn't take into account the different customs or translation in her rush to get the news to Thomas even though he probably already knew as she quickened her pace to greet him, wrapping her arms around him in a hug as bone crushing as an Eleven year old girl could manage and a kiss on both cheeks as was natural for greeting a good friend or family member though with the New Zealanders she usually kept it in check. She put her arms back at her sides and took a small step back to the appropriate distance for conversation. "Thomas! It's so good to see you!" she greeted warmly

As Thomas looked into one of the shops, not really taking notice of which shop was which anymore, he felt himself loose his balance slightly and noticed a familiar small frame of a girl, returning the hug he smiled down at her as she released him from her grip. "If that's what it's like when your happy to see me, remind me to never make you angry." he said with a chuckle as he rubbed his ribs playfully.

"It's good to see you too Anita." he said truthfully, it wasn't the person he wanted to meet today, but Anita was the next best thing. He had got along really well with young girl and he was glad to have a person away from all the drama that was his live that he could talk to about, not that he would tell her about Isabella. Being Luna's half sister, she would probably tell her and then Luna would tell Autumn and that was the last thing he wanted to happen. "Oh congratulations!" he said, almost forgetting that Anita had been recently sorted into Ravenclaw, "What's it feel like to officially be students at HNZ?" he asked with a smile.

Anita laughed as he playfully rubbed his ribs. "Will do." she joked giving him a warm smile. "Thank you! I knew I wanted Gryffindor or Ravenclaw so I'm really excited. Oh it feels amazing to actually be a student. So how has life been treating you?" she asked all of it rushed taking another small step back before asking her next question. "Erm... You think you could give me any heads up about what to expect once I'm back up at the school?" she asked, she was excited but when she thought about it she was also pretty nervous about everything that was going on, preparing for nearly two years didn't help at all with her nerves.

Thomas listened to the 11 year old ramble, she definitely had the first year jitters, or excitement, it was hard to tell, but she was as talkative as ever. But it was much better actually talking to her face - to - face and not via letters, he just hoped she remembered to use her English and not vary to Spanish, he hadn't brushed up on it much since their last correspondence. "Well I told, Ravenclaw is the best house." he said with a cocky smile.

Taking a breath he took his time before answering he second question. "Life's been great." he said truthfully. "Back at work for the holidays, heck I'm on holidays, aced all my exams. Things are good." he said, not lying, but leaving a lot of the truth out. He chuckled as Anita asked him what to expect. "Wellllllll expect a lot of much taller people. Even bigger scary Professor's. Some really nice and not so nice people. Amazing food! And loads and loads and loads of hard work once classes start. Oh and some fun thrown into the mixture there, not to mention some drama, it happens us all, it's pretty inevitable." He said, rambling things off from the top of his head, trying to scare Anita at certain parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back