OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Marlowe often found herself in the years before going to Hogwarts at work with her father. Jocelynn used to also be there and the three would enjoy searching for magical plants in the outback of their home country. This year wasn't very different, Jocelynn was at school but Marlowe still went to work with her father. Today he said was a special surprise for her. She clung to him as he apparated them away to the location for the work he was doing. She knew very little about this job but she knew he was working with another wizard but one who cared for animals and also a muggle. She thought that was fairly interesting as she growing up in a wizard community had little interact with muggles before. Looking up at her father when they arrived Marlowe held his hand as they began walking. She wasn't too sure where they were but she was excited. She hoped the surprise would be something like a dragon of a Hippogriff. "Now, Marlowe dear, are you ready for your surprise?" Her father asked, which in turn she nodded very fast, he opened the door in front of them. On the other side was a pair of adults and a young child, around her own age. "You have a friend today to play with while I work sweetie! That's your surprise!" Her father said excitedly ushering her forward. It suddenly felt very awkward in the room as she was pushed forward towards the boy. Stretching out her hand' she smiled lightly at the boy. "I'm Marlowe," she offered.

Jumin spent most of his days helping his parents out. Either by helping his mother arrange flowers or by going off to wherever his father was working for the day. He was homeschooled, but most of his schooling was either around Herbology or Magizoology instead of typical things like maths and English. Not that he was complaining about that, he had never really had a brain hotwired for such boring things like that. That day he had woken up to find that his parents were going to be working with someone else and that man was going to be bringing his daughter along. Apparently, she was the same age as him, so he was slightly curious to find out what she was going to be like and if he would actually end up getting along with her or not. Jumin just hovered next to his parents while they waited for this wizard and his daughter to show up, but honestly, he did feel like it was taking too long, his arms folding across his chest as he only partly listened while his mother told him to behave and be nice. Of course, he was going to be nice, he'd only be rude if she was first. But he did instantly drop his arms back to his sides as the girl and her dad appeared, just offering a small smile as she offered him her hand and a name. "Jumin," he just offered in response, taking her hand giving it a small shake, "Nice to meet you, I guess."

As the parents seemed happy with that introduction they all began to walk away. Marlowe wasn't sure what she was meant to do with the boy, but her backpack did have a few activities her mom had packed, along with a lunch for the day. "So, do you hang around here often?" She asked the boy wondering how old he was. They could be in the same year, which meant they could go to school in the Spring together, it sounded like fun to Marlowe from the letters she got from Jocelynn who was there now. She wasn't sure if the boy was really that excited to be spending the day as her host here, but her father enjoyed working with his parents so she was determined to be on her best behavior and very kind to this boy.

He was actually at a loss as to what he was supposed to do with this girl. Jumin just stood there for a moment, staring after his parents as they left to get on with their work before his dark eyes found the girl again, just offering her a small smile. "My dad brings me here sometimes, yeah," he responded with a small nod of his head. There was a group of wild Thestrals living in the area he liked to check up on. Jumin had tried to follow him to see them once but found out he never would be able to get a look at a thestral because he had never seen death before. "So what do you like to do normally?" He did have to wonder, wanting to know if he might be able to get into causing some trouble. Though he wouldn't be able to if she was some sort of goody-two-shoes and went straight tell his parents. They were the worst kind of people.

Marlowe stood holding her hands behind her body as she listened to the boy speaking. She did wonder what sort of things they could do here, at their parent's workplace. She thought it was nice to have a person her age to hang with, although she did enjoy going around with her father and looking at all the neat plants. "Normally? When it's just me at work with Dad, he takes me with him and I help with his plants. Sometimes I go off and have a little adventure around if it's a really dull day. My mom is an artist, so she likes to have her studio at home free of us children, so I usually come to work with dad. Helps me learn things for Herbology, I'll probably be going to Hogwarts New Zealand in September, you?" Marlowe spoke calmly wondering if the whole day was going to be filled with just talk. She thought it would be rather boring and was already glancing around to see what was there and what she could do if the boy was this boring all the time.

"I normally help with my parents, when my dad says it's too dangerous to be around I stay home with my mum and help her. She's a muggle florist," though he much preferred helping his father. He got to see all kinds of magical creatures and one day when he was older, he wanted to be a famous Magizoologist himself and travel all around the world and spending every waking hour with magical creatures. He loved animals so it sounded perfect for him. Though the mention of schools did have his nose wrinkling just a little. "I don't know yet, my parents are still arguing about it," they always wanted to look at every option and he could honestly end up being sent to any of the magical schools in the world if they decided that would be best for him. Jumin himself didn't even get a say in the matter. Though the more pressing question was what they were going to do for fun. "We could always go and try and follow our parents?" He offered a grin on his lips, "See what they're up to. Has to be dangerous if they don't want us around." And danger always meant fun.

Marlowe nodded along to what the kid was saying about what he did.
Help his parents seemed kind of cool, she hadn't ever been to a place like the one they were currently in.
She thought magical creatures were interesting, and her father was often growing plants for certain creatures to eat as part of their diet and things like that. "Your mom is a muggle? Wow, that must be so cool! You'll be so ahead in Muggle Studies, my sister says that's a class you can take at school when you get to third year, I think I might take it to learn more about them," Marlowe said excitedly. She couldn't believe she had just met a muggle and hadn't even realized. She wondered if she'd get the chance later to interview her about her muggleness. "Yeah! Let's follow them!" She said starting to take off in the direction they went, pausing for the boy to catch up.

He was a little taken aback when she was so excited about the fact that his mum was a Muggle. He'd never thought it was that big of a deal, but clearly, this girl thought that was fascinating and led Jumin to believe that she might have never even met a Muggle before. "So you didn't grow up around Muggle technology and stuff then, yeah?" That was what he was gathering. Though he had heard of Muggle Studies and was rather tempted to take it as a lesson just because he thought he could ace it without even studying. How could he not when he had grown up in both worlds? Though such thoughts were cut short as Marlowe agreed to his idea and set off after the adults. Jumin just grinned a little, nodding his head as he was quick to set off in pursuit. This could be interesting.

Marlowe set off after their parents, her dad and both of his parents. It did surprise her a muggle was allowed to work so closely to two wizards, of course she didn't understand much about the rules of the ministry's around the world. She paused slightly in her pursuit of the adults to respond to the boy. "No, of course I haven't! Muggles, are well rare in magical communities," she said shrugging her shoulders never having met a muggle before. She had all sorts of questions she'd love to ask his mom or him, as he would be half-muggle. But currently didn't seem like the right time as she rounded the corner and spotted the adults standing and talking. Quickly she backed up and held her arm out so the boy wouldn't run around the corner like she had. "Shhhh, they are right there," she said with a big grin on her face before peeking around the corner.

"Well, how was I supposed to know that you grew up in a completely magical community?" It was not like he had been privy to that sort of information about this girl, for all he knew, she could have grown up around Muggles, but apparently that was not the case and she'd never even seen a Muggle before. Well, to her knowledge she hadn't because it was not like Muggles walked around with a large sign over their heads telling everyone what they were. Especially not his mother, she knew about magic from his father now so she wasn't one of those completely oblivious Muggles. He slowed as they got closed, crouching down a little to try and stay out of sight of the three adults. "What are they doing?" He whispered, trying to peer around the girl and the corner to get a good look at what was going on, "Is it something interesting?"

Marlowe glanced at the boy, she thought he might have known a bit about her family from his parents. Though her father hadn't shared very many details about his family with her before they came just that there would be a boy her age to play with. She shrugged her shoulders not bothering to answer him again about his muggle mother, although she did want to ask her some questions still. She glanced around the corner towards the parents to see what they were up to. "I think they are holding up a weird looking plant, I've never seen that one before.....is there a new animal your parent's have and need to feed or something?" She asked the boy turning back to be hidden around the corner from the adults. It didn't seem like the adults were really doing anything too interesting which was sad, she hoped to see a dragon or something cool like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back