Swimming, Anyone?

Albertus Vermeulen

OOC First Name
Camilla
Wand
Aloe Wand 14 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
In the name of all that's holy, Albie thought to himself, his teeth chattering too much to talk out loud (which was probably a good thing, seeing as he was alone), what the hell was I thinking coming for a swim today?

September meant it was early spring, and still quite chilly. It wasn't as though Albie wasn't used to the weather - he was - and it wasn't as though he hadn't done this before - he had - but swimming in the lake wasn't something he did very often when it was summer, let alone when the winter chills still lingered.

He gave a little shiver as he tread water, moving his body around as gracefully as he could muster. You decided to go for a swim to change up your exercise routine a bit, he reminded himself, reproachfully. Don't go backing out now. Indeed, he was used to running, flying, doing a few things like push-ups, but swimming was something he didn't usually go out of his way to do. His life had become a little stale and routine over the holidays, and he needed to alleviate his boredom somehow. Besides, now he was getting used to the cold, this was starting to be somewhat relaxing.

Now, all he needed was some companionship to distract him from actually exercising in any way.

although it was cold Myuns didn't care. she had hardly been allowed to go swimming all break. she had managed to slip into her grans pool a couple of afternoons when she had been out but that was it. now she was not going to waste too much time she didn't care that it was the middle of winter and freexing cold. she dressed in her wetsuit and slipping a pair of shoes on over the top and grabbing a towel she headed out of the dorms and outside to the lake. she stood on the edge for a moment wondering how mad she was when she saw she wasn't the only one who was mad enough to go for a swim. someone else was already in the water. she smiled, anyone brave enough to face swimming today was automatically someone she could call a friend (exept for that prefect). she waded in the ice water causing goose bumps to prickle on her skin under the neoprene. She headed towards them, as she got a little closer she realised that it was a boy. and a moment later she recognised him. "Albie" she called. before slipping under the water. that was a bad idea. there was brain freeze when you drank a cold drink too fast and then there was the Brain Freeze you get when you dive under freezing water without warning. Myuna swam towards where her best mate was and lightly lulled his leg before surfacing. she didn't pull anywhere near hard enough to knock him over, but more to make him jump (though admittedly calling out his name would have made him realise someone was there. once she surfaced she took a couple of deep breaths the cold really did take your breath away. though thankfully the water in the suit was starting to warm up. "Well here is somewhere i did not expect to see you. long time no see. how was your holiday?" she asked him glad to have him as company out in the water.

Hearing his own name being called, Albie looked up, and then heard a splash...and then felt his leg being tugged. Only one person would do that, of course. He grinned when he saw his best mate surface, before splashing her with some of the freezing water. "I wouldn't have expected to see me here, either. I think the cold got to my head," he drawled, grinning. It was good to see Una again, he'd missed her over the holidays. "I don't think I was thinking."

He stretched his arms out, moving them around in the water. It was still cold, but he was starting to get used to it. In a way. "My holiday was okay. Pretty boring, really. Lots of sitting around." He'd been doing a bit of extra homework to catch up, but that wasn't something he needed to say. It was kind of embarrassing to admit. "How about you?" He was glad she was actually back, too. She'd nearly gotten expelled over something stupid (which had soured a few of the teachers in his eyes, he had to admit), but she'd been allowed to stay, to Albie's relief. He would've felt a little lost without his best friend around.

Una let out a slight shriek of surprise when Albie splashed her she had not been expecting. She had forgotten how much fun spending time with albie was, and how she had missed him over the holidays. "Whatever you were thinking it is great to see you again." she said "Maybe you should invest in a wetsuit if you feel like doing it again it stops it being quite so cold." she said returning the splash. she hadn't wanted to get him too much more submerged than he already was as she didnt want him freezing himself but he had been asking for it.
Myuna was relieved when Albie said that his holiday was boring. although she knew that was selfish of her. "That doesn't sound two bad. next time i'll swap with you." she said. she knew sitting around was boring sometimes especially if the weather was good. or there were things one would rather be doing. "If it's any consolation to you. Gramma Zab made me go to bloody finishing school. she said, Her grandma hated being called Gramma Zab. she usually used her full name Elizabeth, though some of the ladies she was friends with called her liz or beth occasionally. She continued talking putting on a posh english voice."two months of making no forcing me to walk, talk, act cook and dance like a Lady. made me crazy seriously all the other girls there were blonde bimbos trying out for miss australia or something" she said going back to her normal australian accent at the end. it felt good to vent. she had hardly any time with anyone but her gran and the classes over the break and venting lost its point when the only person you could vent to just said. It serves you right. if you hadn't gotten in trouble there would have been no need for them. or something equally frustrating.

He nodded in agreement when she made a point about the wetsuit - board shorts had been a terrible choice, all things considered. Still, it was good to try new things, he supposed. Although he doubted he'd be trying this again any time soon, not until the summer hit, and even then, it wouldn't be likely. Hogwarts wasn't the warmest place. It wasn't too much colder than home, but it was cold enough to be noticeable. Nothing he couldn't handle of course.

He couldn't help but burst out laughing when Una said that she'd been forced to go to finishing school. That was the last place he could imagine her being. She wasn't a typical 'lady' - and there was nothing wrong with that, he liked the fact that she wasn't concerned with aesthetics. "Oh God, I'm so, so sorry," he managed to splutter once he'd calmed his laughter down. "And here she is, Miss Australia," he continued, in an announcer sort of voice, bowing his head slightly with a wicked grin on his face. "If you're ever made to do something like that again, send me an SOS and I'll bust you out of there. Though it sounds like an incredibly scary place to be. You're a brave woman, Una."

Myuna had to laugh by Albies response. he had such a light hearted tongue in cheek way of doing things it always made her feel better. "''ey it's not your fault. you don' need to apologise" she said a smile forming on her face. When he started to announce the miss australia she looked serious then shocked mimicking what she had seen the characters do on a movie some of her cousins liked, miss congeniality. "Well i would like to thank my Brothers, and my parents. and my mob. and I would also like to thank my mates. And most of all i would like ot thank my grandma Elizabeth without who'm I wouldn't be here today. I would be off doing something fun like surfin' or skatebordin' or somethin' that didn't involve fashion shows and makeup" she said, a mock speech of thanks after wining such an award. the same wicked grin on her face as albies. "It won't happen again. next time i wont get caught so i wont go in trouble." she said winking. she felt herself starting to got a little cooler and took her feet off the bottom treading water to keep warm. "It seriously is freaking freezing in here. your feet must be turning intp ice cubes" she said unable to think of what else to say.

Albie looked serious for a moment, before nodding. "I should hope not, young lady," he stated, in a mock-stern sort of voice. "At the very least, give me a heads up when you're going to get yourself in trouble again so I can join you." He chuckled at that, before dunking his head underwater. It really was freezing - he'd have to try this swimming deal again in the summer. If the lake still wasn't a complete icicle.

"Yeah, you're right, it's waaaaay too cold. I'm man enough to admit that." Sighing in defeat - though not meaning it at all, he hauled himself out of the water and cast a drying spell on himself, before removing his swimshirt and swapping it for a t-shirt, hoping there weren't any teachers around to catch him. "Well, that was a terrible idea," he laughed, before sitting down on the ground and stretching out his legs. "I'll have to check out the water when it's summer. Maybe you can teach me to surf one day. Uh, not in the lake though. I doubt that the waves will be enough."

Myuna had to chuckle when Albie said that next time she was planning on getting in trouble she should let him know so they could get in trouble together. It was always more fu to get into trouble with someone. "Sure thing. MAybe we should do something at Halloween on the gryffindors as payback for the fudge last year" she mused. the idea had only just then popped into her head and she had no ideas.
she followed Albie out of the lake and watched as he dried himself, he was pretty fit she looked away quickly before he spotted her looking. she reached up around her neck and unfastened the velcro on her wetsute before undoing the zip and pulling the top half off so it hung around her waist leaving just a stupid bikini her grandma had bought her on the top. not a sports one that she liked but a fashion one. admittedly it wasn't the worst one she had been forced to try all of them looked like they were made for posers not surfers the worst of which was pink and frilly, why the hell would anyone want frills on a bikini. she then picked up the towel she had dropped earlier and slung it over her shoulders mainly to protect her from the slight yet icy breeze than anything else. "It wasn't that terrible idea." she said sitting next to him. "we should try swimming again when it warms up. it is way better in summer." I was gonna do surfing with the muggle sport club in the summer, but i need a professor to portkey us somewhere first"[/b] she said. that was the only real plan she had for the club since she had some how inherited it this year with no way of saying no (at least not with gamma Zab there) although secretly she hadn't wanted to, it was something she was able to own and be proud of.

((btw, if you want a professor to sponsor the sports club, I can offer Lucy, she'd be totally happy for it and she does teach Muggle Studies so it makes sense :p ))

Albie grinned, before looking away as Una unzipped her wetsuit. She wasn't half bad, really - but he was polite enough to give his best friend some privacy. He hadn't expected frills though, that didn't seem to suit her at all. "I like the way you think. Canary creams? Or something more sinister?" He figured it wasn't really fair to some stupid first - now second - years to prank them really badly, but it would be good to have a bit of fun at their expense. He could be vindictive at times, but these kids weren't really deserving of hell's fury and what not.

He pondered her next point for a moment. "Nice thinking. You're a real ideas girl, Una, it's why you're in charge," he said, kindly. "We could always ask one of the Muggle Studies Professors or something, or maybe another Professor would be happy to do it." He wasn't the type to get all buddy-buddy with professors - he was polite to them, but he didn't go out of his way to become friends with them. It wouldn't look good to others, for starters.

((I think that the other muggle studies professor is sponsoring the club. i will ask them later))
Myuna could tell Albie looked away as she was changing. she thought about the prank over halloween. "Canary creams a are too similar to gender fudge. maybe putting grubs in the soup or something." she said not quite sure. she needed to think about that.
she thought. maybe i could write to my friend back home and see if he would be able to do a surf class." she thought out loud. It would be good to see him again she hadn't been allowed to have any free time at home over the holidays so she hadn't heard from him she was curious how he had gone in the surf pro, if things had gone well he may even have a sponsorship. "hopefully i will be able to drag one of the professors to a beach for the day with a bunch of students" she said. she wasn't usually that responsible but being trusted with the club she didn't want it to fail. maybe we should do something else first." she said. she had looked at the list of sport from the sign ups. some of them she had crossed out for being hard to organise with limited students. (or sports she didnt know that much about) she had liked Albies suggestion of backyard cricket, or or she had thought maybe a sort of basketball theme throw around would also work. a slight breeze blew in off the lake. she felt it stinging like needles at her damp skin. "do yo wanna go get a hot milo or something?" she said. she did like surfing but at home was no where near this cold.
OOCOut of Character:
sorry it is a little lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back