Sweeter Than Cranberries

Sukie Takahiro

Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose and a Handful Sprinkle of Fairy Dust
Sukie was starving. He felt like he hadn't eaten in ages. At least three or four hours. He needed food, and fast; he was sure he was already starting to feel faint from hunger.

Thankfully, the great doors into the great hall were opening, and he scooted right in and practically ran to the Slytherin table. Not that the tables were strictly assigned, except at dinner, where everyone ate as a house; at lunch and breakfast, it was sort of a free-for-all. Which was good, because otherwise Sukie felt he'd hardly ever see anyone else in the school.

But he liked the Slytherin table, near the windows, where what faint sunlight there was could come into the room. So he sat, and drummed his fingers impatiently, waiting for food, waiting for company.

Alyssa ran her palms over her Dress as she walked into the Great Hall for a quick snack. Her heels clicked on the floor with every step she took, the Great Hall was pretty empty for this time of day. Alyssa had to admit she didn't like it being so quiet for some reason. Taking her right hand up to gently check if her bun was still in pefect form she noticed someone sitting at the Slytherin table alone. Figuring that no one else was going to show up she decided to see if that person was up to her sitting with them. Alyssa didn't really like it when she was alone, it made her feel unpopular.

"Uhm...would it...be alright if I sat zere?" Alyssa asked in her strong french accent. It appeared to be a boy she hadn't met yet and hoped he could understand her thick accent when she spoke to him. Her crystal blue eyes stared down at the boy curiously as she waited for his answer.

Sukie smiled when the Hogwarts elves finally managed to get all the food on the table. Reaching for a handful of grapes, Sukie soon found himself with company. Sukie looked up at the girl's pink dress, before gently raising his head. Of course! he thought to himself. No one else aside from the Glam Squad girls would dress so nicely. Sukie smiled at the girl sweetly.

"Sure, you can sit wherever that pleases you," Sukie replied in his usual charming, and melodic voice. "I'm Sukie Takahiro, by the way. I take it you're Alyssa Snow? I heard so much things about you!" he added with a big smile.

"Love the dress, totally fits you." he continued, as he began drinking his pumpkin juice.

Alyssa smiled showing her pearly white teeth before softly sitting down and reaching her hand out to grab a muffin. It was a pumpkin flavored muffin, not her favorite, but it still tasted good. Pinching off a small piece piece and popping it into her mouth Alyssa decided tht this kid was worthy enough to talk to. Once Alyssa had swallowed the muffin she looked up and the boy and gave him another beaming before before answering;

"Well, it's glad you have good taste Mr. Sukie!" Alyssa smirked and brushed a bang away from her face. Although Sukie was young, adding Mr in front seemed to meet his personality. It was also then that Alyssa remembered that he also tried out for and made the Cheerleading Squad. They were future teammates so Alyssa might as well be friend.

"So you've heard of me, only nice things I hope." Alyssa winked. She honestly didn't care if people said rude things about her. She wasn't looking to be liked by everyone.

Sukie laughed at Alyssa's reaction. "Don't worry, I've heard very very good things about you!" he replied rather girlishly, flicking his jet black short hair at her with his hot pink newly-manicured fingernails. Sukie beamed proudly when the girl mentioned about his good taste. Sukie did turn a little pink, as he nodded at Alyssa. A whole lot of people have told him that, well almost everyone he met. Sukie shrugged a little, as he reached for another handful of grapes.

Popping a grape in his mouth, Sukie's face turned red as he tied his best to swallow the grape. "Ewwww, sour!" he shrieked, reaching for his pumpkin juice. After calming himself down, he turned to Alyssa. "Sometimes I'm lucky enough to get the good ones, but getting the really really sour ones get me crazy," he said to her with a chuckle.

"Thats why I stay away from grapes, or anything else that could be sour." Alyssa held up the muffin before she peeled of another chunck and popped it into her mouth. Alyssa found it interesting that this boy seemed a lot more honest then most guys were. He was genuine and found interest in other things then being buff or being the best at something.

Alyssa smiled again. She suddenly remembered a question she had to ask Sukie; "Wait. You made the Quidditch Cheerleading Squad Didn't you?" Alyssa asked playfully.

Sukie nodded understandingly at Alyssa. She too, had probably went through what he did. Sukie sighed as he continue to eat his grape, ignoring the sour one on his plate. Sukie then reached for a muffin from a plate, from which Alyssa had been taking her muffins. Biting in one corner, Sukie's face lit up into a smile. "Mmmm, good mmmuffin.." he said, as he licked his lips. He didn't realize that he had dragged his 'M's.

Sukie's brown eyes moved from his muffin to Alyssa when he heard her say some thing. "Fortunately yes, yourself?" Sukie asked, before turning pink. "Okay, who am I trying to kid? Of course you made the team, you're Alyssa Snow!" he said excitedly, even his eyes seemed to be bigger.

Alyssa couldn't help but chuckle when Sukie dragged his M's out. It was something that Alyssa knew she wouldn't be able to do very well with her accent, bit it was still cute. Alyssa pinched off a few last pieces of muffin, and popped them into her mouth before picking up a napkin and gently rubbing the crumbs off her face, she didn't want to look like a mess in front of someone she just met.

With a small smirk at the admiration she flipped some of her hair back softly. "I'm not all that cool." Alyssa smirked before speaking again, "I'm pretty impressed that you made it as well. Are you excited for practices to start?"

Sukie watched Alyssa break into a bunch of giggles, before joining her. Laughs were always contagious to Sukie, he couldn't resist when he saw anyone laugh. That was one of his good points. He watched as Alyssa finish up her muffin. Grinning at her, he finished his pumpkin juice in a single gulp. It didn't make him look greedy since there was so little pumpkin juice left in his glass. Sukie looked at his glass in confusion, when he realized there was no more pumpkin juice left. "Ehk?" he asked, looking into the glass. "Where has it gone?" he asked, looking at his empty glass. He remembered drinking very little pumpkin juice, and it was all gone now. Did he drink everything, or did it magically disappear. Sukie looked at his glass in curiosity, before pouring himself more pumpkin juice. Sukie then placed his glass right in front of him.

Sukie nodded at Alyssa as she mentioned that she wasn't perfect. Sukie grinned. "Thank you very much, kind lady." he said to her, with a small bow. "Oh yes I really am! I even bought new pink shoes for me to train in! If you want, i can show you the shoes later!" Sukie said eagerly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back