Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (René)
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Sturdy Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Gwen was a bit disgruntled, but doing a decent job at hiding it. She was shopping at Obsidian Harbour with her dad and had just gone to the broom shop with him. She had hoped to talk him into buying her something cute, maybe with an accessory like a bicycle. She would like a basket or something on her broom. But none of the brooms were very cute, and it turned out first years couldn't even have them. It made no sense to Gwen, but once her dad had heard that he hadn't seen the point in buying her one just yet. Gwen had known better than to throw a tantrum about it, her dad never gave in to those. But she had played up acting disappointed, and at least it had gotten him to buy her ice cream with three scoops. She was sitting on one of the benches in the street while her dad went on a few more errands, enjoying her ice cream as she looked around her at different people. She had picked strawberry, vanilla and cherry, and she was very careful not to get any on her dress. She kicked her feet a bit as she watched people pass, wondering if there was anyone around her age around she could talk to. Maybe she could talk her dad into buying her something else later, like a cute bracelet or something.

Akihiro was annoyed. Why couldn't he stay with his mother? Of course, she had taken off on her own, wanting to 'see the world' without them. Not that he was going to tell Aiko that he knew that. Now, they were stuck with their father, moving to New Zealand for some annoying reason. He sighed, wandering the streets while his father and sister were off shopping. If he was going to be stuck here, he needed to rebuild a proper aesthetic. He was looking around, pointedly ignoring several groups of kids that he could have spoken to simply because he didn't like their aesthetic. He stopped, however, when he saw a cute looking girl eating ice cream. He smiled, that was better. He walked over to her and gave her his most charming smile. "Hello, there." He greeted her. "Might I sit with you?"

Gwen looked up as a boy approached her, taking him in for a moment. She guessed he was around her own age, which meant he was likely a future classmate if he was in New Zealand as well. Gwen smiled back at him, giving him the sunniest smile she could in her current mood. It wouldn't do to scare off a potential friend. "Hi! Sure!" She said cheerfully, indicating the spot next to her. "Are you waiting too?" She asked, indicating the many stores around them. She assumed the boy was waiting for an adult to be finished shopping, much like herself.

Akihiro smiled and settled next to the girl, trying to look at ease. "I am, yes." He let out a soft sigh. "My father and younger sister are shopping." He turned to look at her. "You are waiting as well?" He confirmed.

Gwen ate her ice cream as she listened to the boy, tilting her head slightly. "Oh, for me it's just my dad." She said, glancing around to see if she could see him anywhere. "He's also shopping. I was looking for a broom earlier but apparently, first years can't have any yet." She said, frowning a bit. Her irritation came to the surface again, but she pushed it down. It couldn't be helped for now. "Are you going to Hogwarts soon too?" She asked the boy. "I'm Gwen, by the way." She added with a bright, sunny smile.

Akihiro made sure to give the girl a small sympathetic look as the girl spoke about not being allowed a broom. "You're right, thats not fair at all," He agreed gently. He smiled warmly and nodded. "I am. My name is Akihiro," he introduced himself, offering his hand to her. Gwen. He would need to remember that. She fit his aesthetic nicely, he could see himself being seen with her.

Gwen was glad the boy agreed with her. "I heard we get flying lessons, so why can't we bring our own brooms for that?" She wondered out loud. "It's like they want us to fail. I heard the school brooms are awful." She shuddered delicately. "But I suppose we'll just have to wait a year." She added, still cheerful. "Nice to meet you Akihiro." She added, shaking his hand. "Do you have family at Hogwarts? I'm so curious about what it'll be like!"

Akihiro carefully schooled his face into sympathy, though he found it slightly annoying the way she went on. She was either naturally a 'cute' type or she was very good at being that way. It reminded him of Aika. "The school probably wants to test everyone with poor equipment and barbaric conditions," He rolled his eyes. "I still don't understand why we have to share rooms with five or six other people." He grimaced. He shook his head as she asked about his family. "There is only my younger sister, Aika, and I." He told her. "Do you have any siblings?"

Gwen hadn't considered that the school might be testing them, and she kind of doubted it, but she faked an expression of interest. "Really, you think so?" She asked him. She shrugged when he mentioned the dormitory situation. "I think that sounds like fun, like a sleepover." She said with a smile. Though she did hope her future roommates wouldn't be annoying. Surely she could badger a teacher into taking pity on her and changing her room if that was the case, though. She shook her head. "I don't." She said with a small sigh. "I wish I had a cool older brother or sister to show me around at Hogwarts. Or even a cousin." She said. "But I suppose we can explore together when we get there." She said cheerfully.

Akihiro gave a small shrug. "I'm sure we'll figure it out." he mused, smiling softly as she said it was like a sleepover. "For girls, I suppose. Unfortunately most boys are vulgar," he grimaced gently. He smiled as she suggested they explored together. He nodded, pleased. "Yes, I suppose we shall. It is always best to do things together." He gave her his most charming smile. "With any luck we shall be in the same house." He certainly hoped so. As well as Aika. It would be easiest if his circle was kept close to him.

Gwen laughed softly when Akihiro said boys were vulgar. "As a boy, I suppose you would know." She said playfully. She was glad to have acquired at least one potential friend for Hogwarts, he seemed to be interesting. And if he turned out boring in the end, Gwen knew she could just drop him and find someone better to look around with. "Oh, yes." She said, glad to move to the subject of houses. "Do you know where you want to go yet?" She asked him curiously. "I have no idea myself."

Akihiro chuckled lightly. "As a boy I'm expected to be the same," he grimaced lightly. When asked about houses, his answer was simple. "Slytherin. It has the best positioning in the castle," he replied easily. "You can reach most places in the castle easier if you start from there, and the students in Slytherin are generally better," he nodded.

Gwen couldn't help a small laugh. "I suppose you're not like that, then?" She asked him, feeling like he saw himself as different from other boys his age. That was interesting. She wrinkled her nose when he mentioned Slytherin. "Isn't it in the dungeons though? Sounds dark and cold." She said, hugging herself and shivering slightly.

-godmod approved-

Akihiro gave her a slight smile. In a bold move, he lay his arm lightly over her shoulders. "I'm better than the other boys." He replied easily. "A true gentleman wouldn't let a lady be cold." he gave her his most charming grin. He wasn't interested in dating yet, but it never hurt to try and set down roots for later.

Gwen looked at the boy in surprise when he put an arm around her shoulders, but she didn't push it away. She giggled. "Than all other boys in the world?" She asked him curiously. "That's a lot of boys." She paused. "I'm not cold now, thankfully I'm not in that dungeon." She said with a slight grin. "If you do get into Slytherin you'll be the one that's cold, I guess."

Akihiro chuckled. "I can't help it," he winked playfully. "I'm confident. I know I'm the best," he rubbed his thumb lightly over her shoulder, before pulling it back to run the hand through his hair. "Sorry, hanii," he lay an arm over the back of the bench. "I'm cold myself," he told her with a coy grin.

*hanii=honey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back