Surprising Letters

Jeremiah Raven

Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
--Place Holder--​
<i>
</i>

Aailyah was bored, the energetic 9 year old was finding it hard to find something to do to fill her time. If only Ryder was home from Hogwarts, and Miah. The red head hadn't seen her brother's best friend in many years and she missed him. He probably didn't even remember her, she was so young the last time he was over for the holidays but she remembered him, and his awkward hugs. Miah made her brother happy, happier than anyone ever had before but lately Ryder seemed quiet and she was worried that the two friends had, had a fight. So pulling out a piece of lavender paper and a sparkly pen Allie sat down and composed a letter to Miah.
Letter said:
Dear Jeremiah,

Hi! It's Aailyah here I don't know if you remember me, I'm Ryder's little sister. Anyway I was writing to ask why you don't stay with us at my house over the holidays anymore, mum, dad and I all miss you. Mum said it's rude to ask but have you and my brother had a fight or something? If so can you please slap my brother for being such an idiot, cause you are awesome! And we all love you. Especially Ryder he really loves you a lot. You're his best friend! I love you too, you are a really awesome person.
Anyway I hope you write back I miss you and your awkward hugs

Love Aailyah

P.S. give my brother a hug for me <3
Finishing the letter with a flourish she folded it up neatly and attached it to the family owl soot. Watching it fly away into the distance Aailyah flopped down on her bed sighing. She hoped she could find out some answers as to why her brother was so down.

Jeremiah had been incredibly surprised to receive a letter. Especially from Aailyah. He thought himself rather naïve for not realising that she would be around eight or something. Sometimes years just seemed to meld together. With a quill dabbed in black ink, Jeremiah composed a reply letter, perhaps a little too formally for a nine year old. Some questions she posed were difficult, such as why he had not gone to their home for several years. He had enjoyed his stay - no matter how alien it felt. However, it was a fluke, a time where his parents had been a little too busy to want all their children at home. They were all sent out, except Dante, since it was a function for him. However, now that was no-longer the case. The Gryffindor brushed his quill against his cheek in thought. He would not very well say that to a nine year old. He doubted she even understood that difference between pure bloods and muggle borns. Except the 'one uses magic the other doesn't' argument. Even Ryder had not known such things. He refused to upset the girl, and so wrote down a rather creative, partial truth in response.

Once the letter was finished, he folded it neatly and stamped it. He gave it to his raven, and told him the Straton address, before returning to reading.
Reply Letter said:
Dear Aailyah Straton,
It is good to hear from you. I had no idea you were capable of writing - how time has flown for you. I was not expecting this, to be perfectly honest, but it is a welcomed surprise. I have not stayed at your house for a while because I have been returning home, my mother has been sickly as of late. She is comforted by her children being near her - well, at home, not specifically in close proximity. She worries.
I don't mind you asking, by the way. It is completely fine. You can ask anything of me. Also, Ryder and I have not fought, we are completely fine. If we're fighting, I am unaware. Honestly, I have yet to speak to Ryder this year, I have been a little busy, but I should be meeting up with him soon. I will ask what his problem is then, and will reply to you.
And thankyou for the compliment, it's much appreciated. I'm planning on returning to your house this holidays, if it is okay with your parents. I have rather missed you all as well. I will be sure to give you a hug (whether it be awkward or not is up to you)
Take care,
Jeremiah Raven
P.S I will be sure to.

Aailyah was hanging upside down on a branch on a tree in her backyard when Miah's raven came swooping up to her. Looking around nervously - ravens weren't seen in her neighbourhood - she quickly dropped to the ground and ushered the bird inside away from prying eyes. Taking the letter from the bird she smoothed out the parchment and quickly read it. Thinking hard at the information Miah had just given her she pulled out her writing stationary again and began writing back to him. Drawing stars around the boarder of the piece of paper she folded it and sealed it this time with a pink unicorn sticker. Smiling she attached the letter to Miah's raven and headed back outside again.
Letter numero dos said:
Dear Miah,
First of all YAY YOU WROTE BACK!
Secondly I am nine now you silly billy of course I can write. Which just goes to show how long it's been since you were last here. Too long in my opin opinion! Your mother is really like that huh? Not to be mean espehully especially if your mum is actually sick but that excuse sounds a little weak to me... Are you sure that - wait is it me?! Are you avoiding me? I know I was only a toddler but I was probably really annoying back then. I'm sorry if it was me.
Are you serious?! You are going to stay over?! YAAAAAAAY!! I can't wait to see you again. Promise you and Ryder aren't fighting? I wonder what's getting him down then? It's really worrying me. You should try and find out. But try and be subtle about it don't tell him I se you up to it. Pleeeease?!

Love Ally

P.S what about giving him a kiss for me or is that taking it too far? <3

Jeremiah was in the middle of breakfast when he got the letter. He realised quickly who it was - since there was a pink unicorn sticker plastered right there for everyone at the Gryffindor table to see. "Dear Merlin..." There was a pink unicorn on it!? Smiling awkwardly and ignoring curious looks, he gathered what pride he had at this and excused himself from the table. It would be his luck that glitter or flowers or something were stuffed into the letter as well. He really did not want any of that in his breakfast, right in the faces of his fellow Gryffindor's. He flashed Ryder a look, showing him the letter as he walked. Once outside the Great Hall, he lent against the wall in the corner and opened the letter. Raising his eyebrow curiously at all the capitalisations and extensions of words, he folded I back up and slipped it into his pocket before returning to breakfast. He would write a reply later.
Reply Letter said:
Dear Aaliyah Straton,

Would there be a reason why I wouldn't? Of course I returned your letter. Firstly, I fear your brother would have pushed me out a window, and secondly, some of my other friends (whom you do not know) would have reacted much the same.
I had thought as much. Forgive me for forgetting. I should have remembered, you're nearly the same age as some of my siblings.
And please try not to worry, I am most certainly not avoiding you, you were not annoying at all. I look forward to seeing you again, that I promise. The situation at my home has been complicated, but is soon to be changing. I swear that there is no problem with you, or your family. The fault is entirely related to my family. However, as I previously stated, I shall return to your home, if it is okay with your parents.
And I promise Ryder and I are not fighting. In fact, I saw him earlier at breakfast - there are no hostilities. Perhaps it's just age, him settling down. It happens to everyone eventually, otherwise adults would be very bubbly indeed. I will attempt to find out if there is anything wrong - and I won't tell him of your involvement.
Take care,
Jeremiah Raven
P.S Just a little bit. I'll give him a high-five.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back