Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Rowan Wand 15 Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Set Just After Y18 Graduation - Just Outside Hall

Samual was still on a bit of a high from getting his diploma. He felt incredible, it was such a brilliant day. But, he also felt like crying. Everyone here would move on and start their lives and drift apart. He only hoped that he remained good friends with Star. He'd really miss Star if they never spoke again. However, he was not looking for Star, or even Kate right now. He was searching for Hazel, and she appeared incredibly difficult to find. He had seen her just moments ago and now she was gone. She couldn't be that hard to find. She had really big hair. Sammy smiled slightly when he glimpsed her and continued moving towards her, but the crowd was hard to fight and there were so many people. The last thing he wanted to do straight after graduations was step on people's feet. That would make a terrible impression. So, Sam waited for the ocean of people to start moving out of the hall. He really should not have tried that 'shortcut' through the crowd idea. It most certainly did not work. Hazel was already outside and she was still rather mad, she would not wait for him. She might have already left. But he could see her cousins, who were still waiting for the room to clear. he doubted Andy would move with such a large crowd. He often felt sorry for the Ravenclaw, but right now he was grateful because he was sure Hazel would want to leave with him, and if he was still in the room, Hazel would be nearby.

Samual finally escaped the crowd and found himself with more space. He ran his hand through his curls and turned in a circle, hoping to spot Hazel somewhere. His eyes caught sight of her glittering dress and he ran towards her, before he could lose her again. Catching his breath, Sammy tapped Hazel's shoulder and smiled meekly. Was she still really mad at him, or just a little mad? He hadn't meant to offend her and he was very sorry. He was sure she knew that. "Hey Hazel," he said, his smile growing. "You look lovely. I... it's good to see you, it took me forever to reach you."

Hazel Maye Hydran was getting a little claustrophobic. She had never had problems with enclosed spaces before, so she figured that at some point, everyone reached a point in their life, where huge crowds would become an annoyance that they wanted to get out of. She was happy to have graduated, of course she was, but she was sad that she would have to be leaving the school now. She really missed it, more then she ever thought she would. It was amazing how many memories she had made of her stay here. She continued to push through the crowd as she got nearer and nearer to the double doors, the closer she got, the less like she was going to faint, she felt. She was glad of that too, she didn't want to faint in the middle of the Great hall, that would have been terrible. Eventually she got to double doors and she was finally out into the corridor. She smiled when she spotted some of the girls from her dorm and hurried over to them, hugging them and telling them that they would keep in touch. She was pretty sure she was lying right now, but she didn't care, she wasn't going to be mean and say that stuff to their face. To be perfectly honest she was rather tired and just wanted to get all of this over with, she didn't know how much longer she could keep a smile on her face and laugh at the lame jokes of the other girls. As it turned out, not very long at all, but it wasn't because of the girls in front of her.

Hazel felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned her head to see who owned the hand. At the sight before her she frowned. Samual Kaster. Well she was still mad and no amount of flattery was going to get him into her good books. They had been together all year, then on Valentine's day, the single most romantic day of the year, she tells him she loves him and he says... absolutely nothing. Not a word, not one single word. Hazel had stormed off and hadn't spoken to him since. What did he want now? She sighed. "Something I can help you with, Samual?" She asked, trying to keep her tone cool, but she was unsuccessful. She still loved Sammy, no matter what had happened. He was bound to see that now.

Samual's eyes nearly fell out of his face. Never, ever could he think of a time where Hazel called him 'Samual'. People didn't call him Samual, they called him Sammy. It was rare for people to call him Samual, unless they just met or they didn't know him well. It was so shocking to have Hazel referring to him as that. Did she hate him that much? He couldn't believe that she hated him that much. He was so happy moment ago and he had hoped that Hazel would have forgiven him, but obviously she had not. It was that much of a big deal. Love could be expressed in many ways, and just because he was not comfortable then talking about it didn't make him a bad guy, did it? That did not seem fair, otherwise Hazel was being a bad guy right now. He looked down at his feet sadly. He even gave her a compliment and would have hugged her, but right now he felt like he was wearing a spikey suit or something. He could not find words to say, for he was not sure what he wanted to say now. He had expected this to be a pleasant exchange, but now it just seemed sour and slow.

As soon as she had spoken, Hazel regretted it, but she didn't let it show on her face. She was still mad, she had every right to be and him just being here, in front of her, with that face was totally not fair. He was cheating. He did this every time. This was why they hardly ever fought. This was one of the reasons why she was so mad. He just wouldn't take her seriously. It infuriated her to no end and she wasn't going to just let this behaviour slide. "This is the problem Samual! Exactly this! You just think that you can make a face and have everyone fawn over you! I'm sick of it!" She told him sighing loudly, trying to calm herself down. "Look Samual...Sam...Sammy. Merlin! Okay, look, just say what you wanted to say. Please." She asked, ignoring the looks she was getting from the girls behind her. They probably all thought she was nuts to be treating Sammy this way, but she was doing only what he deserved.

Samual felt like this was a terrible idea. He should have not come here, obviously she still hated him. How long could she continue to hate him? People did not generally hate him for this long unless they were horrible people. Hazel was not a horrible person, she was one of the kindest, sweetest, nicest people he knew. She even had a pretty name. Even though he was just standing patiently, waiting for Hazel to say something - she managed to get angrier at him. What was he doing wrong? He was just standing and waiting. Samual's face just morphed into more sadness as she spoke. he had no idea what she was talking about. What face was he making? Was it an ugly face? Well, obviously, she was getting even madder. His face slowly brightened as she used his preferred name. It took her a while, but she got there.

He wanted to give her a hug, but he was worried that she'd yell at him or slap him or something. She still looked really mad. So, he instead grinned happily at her - his sudden change of demeanour was probably not surprising at all. He was very easy to make happy and sad. "I just wanted to say that you are the most important thing that has ever happened to me - I really care about you, and I really like you and I know I hurt you before," he looked down slightly. He still felt guilty over that and hoped that she'd forgive him. He had surprises and they couldn't happen if she still hated him. "So, I wrote you a letter." He dug into his pocket and pulled out a neatly folded letter. "I couldn't think of what to say to make up forhurting you so I wrote two speeches. One for graduation... and one for you. Please read it. It'd mean a lot."

Hazel was not surprised in the slightest to see his mood brighten just as quickly as it had darkened. She had grown to expect that from him on a daily basis. She wasn't even completely convinced that he was doing it on purpose. She was pretty sure that most of it was subconsciously, but that did not stop it from annoying the sh*t out of her. Maybe Justin had been right about Sammy after all. She shook her head. Never, even if it were sort of true she would never stoop to believing anything that boy said. If she did, the world would be in more danger then she would have thought possible. She raised her eyebrow slowly as he started speaking and she had to admit that she was more then a little shocked to say the least. She had to stop herself from smiling. She couldn't just suddenly forgive him now, not after months of pent up anger. However, when he told her that he had a letter for her, her mask broke and she was stunned. He had taken the time to write her a letter. She had honestly thought that this was some spur of the moment thing, but at the mention of a letter, it was obvious that he had put some thought into it. She looked at the letter as he held it out to her and she was lost on what she was supposed to do with it. She shook her head to clear it and plucked the letter from his outstretched hands almost hesitantly. She did't know what would be written inside, but she was rather eager to find out anyway. No matter what it said.

Hazel, I love you and I'm really sorry I didn't say it before. Straight off the bat he confessed that he loved her. Why couldn't he have said it to her face? Would that really have been so hard? She looked up at his face and at the look of him smiling, encouraging to read on, she did. I guess it was the fact that I wasn't expecting you to say it, or expect me to say it to you in return. She nodded as she read it. She guessed she could understand that. He'd never been in a relationship before, why would he know the social etiquettes and why should he say it if he wasn't ready. She continued on through the letter and some phrases really stood out to her, like: you are the sweetest and most caring, kind-hearted person I know and I would never intentionally hurt you and then there was I'm sorry Valentine's day didn't go as you had hoped but I could see how much care you put into it and it really made me very happy. It was he phrases like that which Hazel appreciated more, they showed her how much he really did care. She stuffed the letter into her pocket, past anger all but forgotten. "Sammy! Did you mean it. What you said in the letter? Really?" She asked, restraining herself from throwing herself at him.

Samual was relieved when she finally took the note from him. She had momentarily shook her head, and he was about ready to just pack it all in and go home - if she wasn't going to take and read a simple, heartfelt letter, than there was no point of being here. However, she was! She had taken the letter and was reading it. He was so relieved. He was even more relieved as her face ran with a multitude of emotions - most pleasant, too. He had thought a lot about the letter and the situation he had put them both in by being stupid. She was nodding - a good sign usually. As her expression softened with every tense second that passed by, the silence slowly became bearable, a particularly interesting fact because Sammy hated silence and could barely stand being in a silent room or silent meeting. But this was Hazel, she was a quieter type of person on most cases.

He smiled as her reading came to a stop. She didn't look like she wad going to slap him, so maybe she had forgiven him? She stuffed the note in her pocket and Samual beamed at her like headlights on a car. He laughed slightly as her ridiculous questions. "Of course I did, I meant every, single word!" he admitted, throwing himself at her and pulling her into tight hug. "I promise. So you don't hate me anymore? You've forgiven me?" He rested his head on her shoulder and refused to let go of her. "I really am sorry for being stupid. I love you."

The look on Sammy's face as she had asked him her question was priceless and at that moment, Hazel knew her answer and had to think that she was awfully silly to have even thought that Sammy didn't love her. Hazel was so happy when Sammy hugged her and couldn't help herself. She squeezed him to her. It had been months since she had seen him and she had definitely missed him. She felt happy and sad at the same time. Happy because her and Sammy were together again, but sad because she had allowed all of this to happen. It really was all her fault. She had to admit that, though the fact that Sammy had done all of this for her made her happy. He really did love her. She had tears trailing down her cheeks, people were staring at them, but she didn't care, she was too happy. "I love you too Sammy, I'm sorry I was acting like such a doofus, I was just so confused. But I'm not anymore." She told him smiling and entwining her fingers through his. This was how they were supposed to be. Not fighting or ignoring each other. This was them.

Everything felt like it was going perfectly. It was like a dream. Samual was so happy to find that Hazel was no-longer upset with him - or even angry it seemed. He had been stupid to think that this was going to ruin everything between them. He had been so worried about it - he had had very little sleep because of it. Now he was just fine and full of energy again. How could he be tired when he was so happy? However, he felt tears on his own cheeks - they weren't his tears. He quickly realised that Hazel was crying. For a moment, he thought that she was upset or something, and that would have ruined everything and he panicked. However, he grinned when he realised that she wasn't upset. She was just really happy. He cried sometimes from being too happy - but he was really trying not to cry right now. He didn't want blotchy cheeks on Graduation. On Hazel it was endearing and beautiful - blotchy cheeks. Sammy looked like a swollen tomato. "It's okay." This really wasn't the time to be a swollen tomato, it was the tie to do something very special. Something he had always wanted to do seemingly since birth.

Propose.

Samual was a romantic, and a traditionalist. There was nothing more important to him than proposing to the girl he was sure he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. That was Hazel, whether she believed him or not. He even had his mother's and father's matching rings. He was entitled to them since it seemed that he would be the only one in his family to actually want to marry someone. That someone was Hazel. She was incredibly special to him, and he wanted nothing more than to be her husband - even if they were young. There were younger married people. He pulled away, hold her hands in his left hand. His right grabbed the rings from his back pocket and returned to holding her hands, his fingers playing with the rings. He smiled nervously. This was harder than he thought. He looked her in the eyes and took a deep breath.

"Hazel, will you marry me?"

Hazel's face paled as she felt the rings between her fingers. Oh Merlin! What is he doing? He looked so pleased with himself and all Hazel could feel was utter and unadulterated terror. He couldn't, he wouldn't, would he? He had both of her hands in his own, it would be impossible to move. She couldn't even look away from him because he had her gaze looked. Had he practiced! Where did he even get those rings! She was dreading what his next words would be. Why was he doing this? Why? Wasn't this enough? Dating, being together, having fun? Wasn't that enough? His mouth opened and Hazel tried to pry her hands from his, but it was no use. The words escaped his mouth like a plea for help and she physically cringed. No! No Sammy! She couldn't listen to this. They could not go back from this! Why did he ask that question! There were so many other things he could have asked! She bit her lip and looked down. She couldn't look at his happy face. She couldn't do it, not knowing what she knew she was going to say. This was going to be the worst moment of his life. She was sure he would get past it though. He didn't really expect her to say yes right? No, of course not, he is just giving her the option, that's got to be it. She brought her head back up and looked Sammy in the eye. Pulling her hands from his and stepping back, her head down. She shook it furiously, this could not happen. Not now. "No. No Sammy I won't" She told him, looking up to see his face, at the look she saw, she rushed into an explanation. "Were too young Sammy! I still have my career to think about! You do too. We just Graduated. Were not ready for something like this. I'm sorry, but I just can't. The look on his face read a thousand words. She was the most horrible person on the entire planet.

Sammy could barely believe this. He was pouring his heart out to her - after they had just established that keeping walls up around the heart only hurt the ones you loved. If felt like Hazel had stabbed him - in fact, that would have hurt less. Why was she pale? He was the one that was having his heart torn from his chest and thrown against the wall. He stopped breathing as she slowly brought her head up to share eye-contact, and as she pulled away from him, Samual himself took a step back, leaving the rings to fall. He barely registered their existence anyway since he was busy staring at Hazel. He had never been so hurt in his life, he was sure of it. Even Annalie didn't make him feel this horrible. As the rings clinked and rolled along the ground, they were soon joined by the odd tear that streaked down Samual's face. Did she honestly think he had not thought this through? He was not asking to have a baby or anything, why did careers come into this? Couldn't they be married and work on their careers and husband and wife? Mister and Missus Kaster or Mister and Missus Hydran, which ever she wanted? His lip quivered as he tried to construct the right words. He didn't want to scream out and break down, not right in the middle of the hall. There were too may people trying to have a good day, but he doubted that anyone missed this little massive scene.

"I thought we could work on our careers together..." he whispered. His hands were in fists in front of his mouth as he forced himself to stay somewhat calm. He was sure that she would have to work hard to hear him, but it was either this or him screaming. The head boy decided that it was best to just whisper. "How could you not think we're ready? It's just a ring, and a commitment, Hazel. A commitment." And now a waterfall was falling from his eyes as he dropped his hands and stared at her with a mix of heartbreak and outrage in his eyes. "And if you're... if you'd..." he looked away and wiped his eyes. With one last glance at the girl he thought he would spend the rest of his life with, he ran away from her. He was not going to go back there. He was going home.

Hazel looked at the ground as the rings fell to the floor. They were beautiful rings after all. She could not however, no matter how hard she tried, imagine herself wearing them and getting married, she just wasn't ready for that level of a commitment. Why couldn't Sammy see that. Why wouldn't he just let her into his heart like he kept claiming he did. She sighed and watched him as he took off along the corridors, crying. She was receiving glares, gestures and various other things she cared not to think about. It seemed for all the people in the school that did not like him, Sammy had many supporters. Hazel simply chose to ignore them. She wasn't just going to change her mind because they were not happy with her decision. He was making this her fault, because he was being selfish and a child. She could still see him and made her decision to say one last thing to the boy whom had held her heart for four years. "Don't you dare make this my fault Samual Kaster. You are a selfish child who doesn't think about anyone else’s feelings! Grow up!" Hazel meant what she said. She probably should have been a little nicer about it, but she was sick of everything that happened with them being her fault. She had worn it every time. Every time Samual had decided that he wanted to act like a two year old. Well not this time. This time he was not going to project the guilt to her. It was all his own doing and she would not stand for his antics any longer. She loved him. She knew she always would, but she could not live with him, or even marry him if he was going to only be another child she was going to have to look after. She couldn't do that.

Hazel bent down to pick up the rings and held them in her hand. She swirled them between her fingers. She couldn't see Samual any more. He'd probably gone home after all of this. She would have liked to talk this out, but she wasn't stupid. She knew what his reaction would be if she went after him. He had to sort this out on his own. She couldn't help him and neither could his family. That was just the way things had to be. They would try. Undoubtedly and she was sure that they would be rather bias. Well, maybe some of them, though she counted on Lisa to maybe be on her side, probably Jack as well seeing as he hadn't married his girlfriend yet either. She stood up and was going to walk back into the great hall, trying to find Jack or Lisa, as they had been at the Graduation, but they had disappeared, probably off to comfort Samual. She sighed and placed the rings gently in her pocket. Samual made her so angry, all the time, but she probably could have handled this better. She walked back out of the Great Hall and headed outside. She needed to get out of here. She needed some air.

Finished​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back