Surprise meeting

Jasmin Baxter

OOC First Name
Pat!
Sexual Orientation
Undecided
Wand
N/A
Jasmin left Gambol and Japes, glad to be out of the shop. It had taken a lot of persuading and begging to make Kira let Jasmin out of the shop for some fresh air. If she was going to be living here she wanted to get to know the place a bit better than the inside of a shop.

Jasmin wandered the streets of the Village, the place seemed nice enough, but it wasn't home. She missed it terribly, her family, her friends, the little that she had. She missed it all. Noticing a large oak tree so she made her way over. It was a nice day and the ground was dry, so fixing her skirt she sat down and leaned against the tree. Putting her hands behind her head, she closed her eyes and took in the warm sun.

Brightstone village always amazed Lisa. There were so many shops to see, so many people to stare at! Even though she had been living in the wizarding world for almost four years, Lisa doubted she could ever get used to places as exciting as Brightstone.

The edge of the village loomed, along with a large tree. The sun was beating down hard, and through her long-sleeve shirt and jeans which hid her horrific scars, Lisa was heating up. There was another person underneath the tree, who looked as if she was asleep. Lisa crept as she got closer, not wanting to wake her up.

However, a surprise was in order.

As Lisa got closer, the features of the girl seemed familiar. She stood a moment; racking her brains for an inkling of the girl's identity. Yasmin? No, it was Jasmin...Jasmin Baxter! A girl who lived on her street in London. What was she doing here?

"Jasmin?" Lisa said, standing closer now. "Jasmin Baxter? Is it you?"

Jasmin sat happily under the tree, the sun felt nice, compared to the usual London weather, this was definitely a welcomed change. After a few moments of relaxation she felt a shadow move over her but took no notice, it was a busy Village so plenty of people would be walking by her. Then to her surprise she heard someone say her name. The voice was somewhat familiar, but she hadn't heard it in a few years.

Opening her eyes she looked up to the see the source of the voice. To her complete and utter surprise it was, "Lisa, Lisa Boatwood. I can't believe it." She said jumping up to her feet. Patting the dirt and grass off her skirt she stood in amazement, "What are you doing here?" She asked.

Lisa gaped at Jasmin, completely unable to actually believe that her old neighbour was here, in Brightstone. Lisa's mind whirred as she thought of the reasons that Jasmin had ended up here; the first and the most logical that popped to mind was that either Jasmin herself, or one of her siblings, was a witch or a wizard.

"I would ask you the same question!" she laughed, though still slightly in shock. Of all things to find in Brightstone, she found an old neighbour.

Ever come up with a new celeb?

Jasmin laughed along with Lisa, this was far too strange. "I'm living with Kira, you know my older sister, now." She explained. "Wait, are you a witch?" She asked, she never knew there was other magical families near her, she thought it was all muggle families.

No. :( I'll find someone eventually.

"Ah yes," Lisa murmered; she had heard Jasmin talk about Kira once or twice. Everything was slightly making sense now.
"Yeah, I'm a witch!" Lisa said, smiling widely. "And so's my aunt, you know, Elaine, who I'm living with. We're both Muggle-borns."

What about Natasha Bedingfield. She had blonde hair and green eyes and there are sooo many good pics of her

Jasmin smiled at Lisa remembering her sister, they never talked much but she appreciated that she remembered the things they did talk about. Jasmin had always considered Lisa as one of her closest friends, well her only friend. It was good that she could finally talk to her again and be open about magic, even though it didn't matter for her anymore.

Jasmin waited for the next part to come up, it was a fact she couldn't hide, "No, I'm a mixed -blood. Mum's a half - blood and dad is a muggle." She said, amazed she dodged her truth. Not wanting to say it on the off she decided to urge Lisa on so she could say it, it would be better to get it out in the open. "So are you attending Hogwarts NZ in the Fall?" She asked.

*facepalm ohmygosh YES! I'll check her out :D

"Yeah, I am," Lisa smiled, "I'm really excited!" Her smile grew wider as her anticipation grew higher. She realised that Jasmin could be going too. "Are you?" she asked, hoping that the answer would be yes.

:lol: Some great pics here - http://www.fanpop.com/search/photos/Natasha+Bedingfield

Jasmin smiled back at Lisa's clear excitement, she felt happy for her. After all she had went what 10 years without magic and Jasmin had grew up around it, it was time for someone else to have all the fun. There it is Jasmin thought to herself when Lisa asked if she would be going too. "No." She said, her smile fading. "I won't be attending Hogwarts. Hence why I moved here, to get away from Josh going to the one on Scotland, it would be too much for me." She said trying not to cry.

Thanks! :) But now I've thought of Cameron Diaz. :doh: Funny how they all come rolling in when you don't think of it.

Lisa was stumped momentarily; why wasn't Jasmin going to Hogwarts? But then it hit her; Jasmin didn't have enough magic to go; she was a Squib.

"Jasmin," Lisa gasped, as the girl struggled not to cry. She quickly walked over and put a comforting hand on her old friend's shoulder. "It must be really hard," she said, not having a clue what else to say.

Haha true. Well at least you have options. Lisa could be saucy with Cameron :p

Patricia give a light snort, "You're definitely going to be in Ravenclaw, you're quick." She admitted, she knew Lisa must have caught on about her being a squib without her even saying it.

Jasmin smiled at Lisa when she comforted her, her eyes glistening with tears that felt like they were going to fall at any moment. She shock her head, "It's OK. I mean yeah it's hard knowing I won't be able to go to Hogwarts, but I've had time to grasp that little set back." She with a sigh tying to smile as she put her thumb and index finger close to each other.

:lol: Yeah!

"But still!" Lisa said, looking at Jasmin; she couldn't imagine having your siblings being magical, and not being able to join in on the fun! As she thought of siblings, she thought of Rachel; she pushed that out of her mind quickly. "It must be really hard, watching Josh getting all excited, and knowing you can't go."

Jasmin give a small shrug, "That's why I moved here. To stay with Kira and get away from Josh and the rest of them that are going to Hogwarts." She said, the first year escaping her dull blue eyes. Quickly wiping it away she tried to brighten up. "Enough about me." She said shaking herself and smiling again, "What about you? What house are you aiming for?" She asked.

Lisa stopped patting Jasmin's shoulder; she seemed to not want to talk about it anymore. Answering her question, Lisa said, "You hit the nail on the head; I'm aiming for Ravenclaw. My fallback is Hufflepuff." She smiled slightly.

Jasmin chuckled at Lisa, "Of course I did." She said pretending to be smug of herself. "You would do well in Ravenclaw." She said in a normal voice again. "You always had a book with you." She said remembering some of her old memories. "And of course, Hufflepuff would be lucky to have you." She added with a nod.

"Yeah no doubt Josh will be in Gryffindor, he's so cocky, takes right after Tom." She said giggling at the lack of a better word, shaking her head at the memories of her twin brother. "I always saw myself as a Ravenclaw, I think I'd take after Kira. But then again me and Amelia are compared a lot, then I would be a Hufflepuff. But I could never tell, now I'll never know heh?" She said, trying to laugh.

Lisa laughed at Jasmin's memories; her habit of carrying around a book with her would never die. And, of course, she could remember Jasmin's siblings, bursting in and out all the time.

"I think you'd be Ravenclaw," Lisa said, cocking her head sideways and thinking. "You were always a smart person."

I'm going to post in Jasmin's Relationships now :lol:

EDIT: It won't let me :mad:

Very weird. PM your entry and I can put it in. Less messy that way anywho. Do you have one yet?

Jasmin beamed at Lisa, "Thank you. The lure of the password always intrigued me. I'd love to know what type of questions you have to be asked before gaining entry into the Common room." She said thinking. "Oh you so have to tell me when you get there." She said bright eyed.

Lisa laughed. "I'll send you an owl!" she smiled; at least she'd have one person to send a letter to. Her aunt had specifically said not to bother send one to her; she'd probably forget to read it.

No. I'm waiting until she gets Sorted.

Riteo ;)

Jasmin beamed at her, "Promise?" She asked kind of pathetically but it would certainly give her something to look forward too. All she had to look forward to was lazing around the shop and following Kira around everywhere, it didn't seem too appealing.

Lisa smiled. "Of course," she said, holding out her little finger. "Pinky promise," she added, laughing inside; she missed having people to do pinky promises with, and it seemed like the appropiate moment.

Jasmin beamed again when Lisa promised to write back, she felt bad though, she didn't want her to feel obligated, she would probably get snowed under with work in no time at all and her studies would be more important than her.

Jasmin continued to beam "Pinky promise." she said wrapping her own little finger around Lisa's and pulled tightly. "But if you ever get too work don't worry about it." She said seriously, "I don't want you falling behind because of me." She added.

Lisa shrugged. "I won't write every day, don't worry!" she laughed, "Maybe every one or two months. And anyway, I won't really have anybody else to write to," she added, "My aunt never reads letters unless they're important."

Jasmin stuck her tongue out a bit, "I wouldn't expect you to any." She said with a giggle. "Yeah every month or so sounds good." She said with a smiling nod. "Well you might not have anyone to write too, but you'll have plenty of friend to talk to." She said.

Lisa smiled. "Yeah, hopefully!" she said; having lots of people to get to know was one of her main reasons to be excited about going to Hogwarts. Others were lessons and just the magic of the place.

Jasmin looked at Lisa confused, "What do you mean hopefully?" She asked, emphasising the word 'hopefully.' "You will make loads of friends, and quickly too." She continued. "I'm sure you already have." She added finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back