Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Kira
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Vampire Blood Core
So far the first semester of his sixth year had been fine. He was talking to his friend again after not having done so for a year or so, and he was also finishing up the assignment his father had sent him earlier in the year on the positions of certain stars. He was still actively avoiding Eamon and his friend though, not wanting to discuss the elephant in the room whenever the two of them saw each other in the corridors and hallways. It was his cousin's stupid fault that the two of them weren't talking to each other, if he had told him that he would be leaving to school for three years Arcturus would have accepted it, but he had never told the Ravenclaw he was leaving. He was on his way to the owlery to send his parents a letter when he found his friend sitting on one of the window sills in the corridor leading up the owls. Smiling, Arcturus decided to walk over towards her instead of going straight for the owlery. The owls would still be there in a few minutes. It was as he approached Kira that he noticed that something wasn't right. She was crying. ''Hey, is everything alright?'' the teen asked, concern in his voice, and placed a hand on her shoulder carefully.

Kira had been ecstatic that morning when she'd gotten out of bed. It was the last day of brigthstone and Caelan had arranged to meet her there that morning. She had taken extra care getting dressed, even applying a bit of makeup and doing her hair. But as the day progressed, and the minutes turned to hours, Kira had been left alone. When she was finally forced to drag herself back to the castle, her heart was heavy. Where had he been? How could he forget? She started for the owlery, trying to convince herself he hadn't meant to forget her, but eventually the steps became to much for her and she slumped into a nearby window. She drew her knees up to her chest, sighing and letting her hair down to fall wild around her shoulders.

She sat there, staring out at the castle grounds as the sun slowly sunk further and further beyond the horizon. At some point the tears she had been holding back had started to fall. When she felt Arcturus place his hand on her shoulder, she shut her eyes, wiping uselessly at her damp cheeks with her hand. "He didnt come," she whispered brokenly. "He promised. I waited all day, he never..." she sniffled, feeling what was left of her composure slipping away. She buried her face in her hands to try and hide her pain from her friend.

He furrowed his brow when she spoke, not immediately making the connection that she was talking about her boyfriend. He squatted down beside Kira when she buried her face in her hands and stroked her back with his hand to comfort her. He didn't really know what to do or what to say so decided to go with the first thing that came to mind. ''Hey now, everything will be fine,'' the teen whispered. ''Maybe... he got stuck somewhere and just hasn't been able to reach you yet?'' He could scarcely believe that he was coming to Caelan's defence but he didn't want to see his friend so sad about it. At least now he knew why had not been able to find her all day though, she'd been in Brightstone all day.

Kira shook her head, wrapping her arms around her knees and looking away from Arcturus so he wouldnt see her cry. "No. He forgot me. Again." She bit her lip, hiccuping as she tried to hold back the sobs. "He always does. His studies are important, I've always understood. But cant I be important sometimes too?" She swiped at her eyes. "I've tried so hard," she whispered brokenly. "I fought his mother, his cousin threatened me and slit my hand open, I've had to fight since the beginning to be good enough." She bit her lip again as she started to shake, trying her hardest not to and still crying anyway. "I know- I know I'm not worth much. I'm not special." She buried her head in her arms. "Why cant I be good enough?" She whispered brokenly before the last of her composure slipped and she started to sob.

He winced as she started listing off what had happened with them ever since. He couldn't care less for Caelan or his dramatic family but he wasn't going to admit that to her at the moment, she needed him as a friend right now. ''Nobody's perfect, and the Maxwells definitely aren't. I'm sure that he cares for you just as much as he cares for his studies. How could he not?'' Arcturus said. He was trying to make eye contact with his friend but she was shutting herself off from him. He watched as she started shaking, wanting nothing more than to hug her and tell her that everything would be fine, that it had probably been some misunderstanding and that Caelan would show up tomorrow, but then she said something that surprised him a little. ''Now don't say that,'' the Ravenclaw told Kira sternly. ''You're pretty dang special if you'd ask me, so don't start telling yourself otherwise. Heck, look at what you've achieved already. You planned a freaking wedding whilst also studying for your OWLs and they've not made you a Prefect for nothing, Kira.'' Arcturus sighed as she went on to ask why she couldn't be good enough, and placed his hand on her knees so that he could move her towards him instead. He made her look up at him by placing a hand under her chin next. ''Will you shut up already? It's not your fault that he cannot see how good of a person you are. You are good enough, it just hasn't been processed yet in that thick skull of his.''

((Ooc alex approved))

Kira tried to listen to Arcturus, she did, but it was hard to believe him. She gasped as he caught her chin in his hand and made her look to him, and this time she almost believed him. Something in the way he spoke. Maybe this was just a misunderstanding. She sniffled, giving him a wobbly smile. She opened her mouth to thank him when there was a flapping near them. She turned to see Caelans owl.

She gave Arcturus a shaky grin. Maybe he was right. She took the letter, watching as the owl flew away before opening it. Her brow furrowed as she began to read, the color draining from her face the more she read. The tears that had started to subside came back, and she let out a choked sob. She shook violently, dropping the letter and scrambling to her feet. She bolted away, hands clamped over her mouth as she rounded the corner and down an old, unused hallway. Once she was out of sight of the world, she collapsed to her knees, clutching her sides and bending over to cry like a child.

Kira,

I'm sorry to do this. You deserve better, but I don't have the time. To be honest, you've always deserved better.

I don't love you. I don't want to marry you. I thought I did. But graduating and moving away from you, I've realized. You're just a child. I think I've always known it. You were never more than a means of rebellion, going against my mother and the family name. I'm sorry to do this the way that I am. But the life I'm building for myself is taking all of my time.

I hope you grow up to find the happiness you wouldn't have with me.

Caelan.

Arcturus smiled back at Kira, thankful that she seemed to be listening to him. How could she possibly think that she wasn't good enough? She was one of the best and kindest people he knew at the school.

He watched with bated breath whilst Kira read the letter, hoping that it would be an apology from her boyfriend for not showing up today. He saw the colour in her face draining away and instantly knew that whether was written in the letter was not good news. Dang it, Maxwell. She started sobbing again. Arcturus tried to reach out to lay his hand on her shoulder, but as he moved his arm, the girl dropped the letter and ran away from him. He stared after her as she rounded the corner, wondering if he should follow her or not. He then looked back to where the letter had dropped. It had to be really bad for this to happen. He picked it up and read over the words himself in silence. His words were harsh, too harsh. No wonder she'd run off. How could someone break up like this? Didn't he care about Kira's feelings? Assh0le. Arcturus stored the letter away in his pocket and turned towards where she had rounded the corner. He couldn't possibly leave her along right now? She needed a friend. So he decided to go look for her by following the corridor.

Arcturus saw her sitting at the end of an unused hallway, clutching her sides and crying. It broke his heart to see his friend like this. He slowly approached Kira, not wanting to startle her or anything, and let himself slide down against the wall to sit next to her. ''I'm sorry,'' the Ravenclaw whispered after a moment or two.

Kira hadn't expected anyone to find her here. Anyone to care to find her. So when Arcturus spoke, she looked up, surprised. She scooted over almost immediately, curling into his side and burying her face in his shoulder. After several minutes, she pulled away from him a little. She pulled her hand out from her torso, looking at the ring on her finger. Her heart twisted painfully as she looked at it. She tore it off her finger and hurled it across the hall, turning and clutching to Arcturus as she cried. "Why?" She whispered brokenly. It felt like her heart had been shattered in her chest. "I- I don't-" She shook her head, curling in on herself and pressing closer to her friend.

Arcturus was a little surprised that she scooted over to him almost as soon as she noticed that he was here but put his arm around her nonetheless. He wanted to tell her that everything would be fine but after reading the letter himself he wasn't so sure that she would listen to him this time. He watched as she tore the ring off her finger and flung it across the hallway. There was not much he could say or do that would make her situation any less painful. ''Me neither,'' he answered quietly as she returned to curling in on herself. He rested his head against the wall behind him and sighed. Arcturus figured that he would just sit here with her for however long she needed.

((Slight godmod approved))

Kira wasn't sure how long she cried in the cried in the hall, tucked into Arcturus's side, but eventually he managed to get her back on her feet and back to the towers. The next few days passed in a daze. She seemed to shuffle around, but if you asked her what she had done she couldn't tell you. Her nightmares seemed to get worse, and she spent a lot of nights curled up on the couch in the common room. Sometimes Arcturus found her and would sit with her. She found herself curled up to him sometimes in the mornings. Between Arcturus and Sapphire she was hardly ever alone.

It was two weeks before Kira seemed to pull out of her numb haze. She dropped her bag on her bed when a soft thud caught her attention. She looked down, seeing the binder that had just fallen over and was peeking out from under her bed. She paused, picking it up, and for the first time since Caelan had left her, Kira felt something other than pain. It was mostly anger, but still, it was something.

She took her binder full of wedding ideas and plans down to the common room. She lit the fire, stoking it up nice and high before sitting in front of it. Lips clenched, she slowly ripped out page after page, watching her dreams of yesterday burning in the fire with a small sense of satisfaction.

Entering the common room after a day of classes, Arcturus spotted his friend sitting on the couch almost immediately, he could often find her there, and smiled. It had been two odd weeks, to say the least. He had discovered a side of himself he did not know existed. The teen never really got the change to be a proper friend to Kira, as he was usually busy with his studies or in the library to read in quiet, but he was making up for it for not leaving his friend's side for most of the days. He was glad that Sapphire was there at times that he hadn't known what to do or didn't have the time to stick around though, his father expected him to finish his assignments for the planetarium after all, even if it was just very minor work. Life was busy these days. He walked over to her, loosening his tie a little whilst doing so. She seemed, well, a little better than she had done in the past two weeks. He frowned as soon as he noticed that she was ripping out pages out of a binder and throwing them into the fire. ''What? Was your paper that bad?'' the Ravenclaw joked, dropping his backpack next to him as he sat down next to Kira on the couch.

Kira had been enjoying watching the paper burn. She didnt look up when she heard Arcturus sit next to her. She scooted closer automatically, resting her head on his shoulder. "It doesnt matter anymore." She ripped out another page, flipping it into the flames. "The flowers." Another page. "The playlist." Another page. "The food." She sighed, turning and burrowing under his arm. "I thought about saving it. But theres no point." She ripped out another page, watching as the list of possible venues burned.

Arcturus smiled when she rested her head on his shoulder, putting his feet up on the table. It had been a busy day today what with a couple of different classes spread throughout the day and then studying in the library for a bit before he would return to the common room. He continued to watch as Kira was ripping out pages of the binder and throwing them into the fire. There was something vindictive about her. ''Are those?... You know, you could've still used those for the inn.'' She had told him that weddings had become one of their most steady sources of recurring business after all, so it would be a shame to throw away so many ideas.

Kira shook her head. "No. Each wedding is supposed to be unique. Special." She sighed, looking down at the binder and running her thumbs across it. "We have the couple stay with us a week when they first approach us so we can customize it to them, make it theirs." She sighed. "I dont think any of this was ever really mine. The flowers were fake because hes allergic. The dress was by one of his family designers. It wasnt even going to be at the inn. His family doesnt like it." She sat up, just tossing the whole thing in the fire. She was quiet a moment, watching it burn. "If it were for me... it would be smaller. Sapphire would play with her family. My brother in law Cooper would cater. Tyra would make my dress. I wouldnt even see it until the wedding, she knows me that well. And it would be at the inn, with my family, in the place I love..." She sighed heavily, laying her face in her hands. "God, I really am a child."

It seemed that he was wrong about thinking that her ideas could still be used for other peoples weddings. Of course he was, he didn't know the slightest thing about planning a wedding. ''Who doesn't like the inn?'' the Ravenclaw said, offended at such statement. Although Arcturus had never seen or been to the inn himself, Kira had told him enough stories to make it feel like he had known about the place for ages. He watched the binder go up in flames when she threw it in. He felt sad for his friend, but by the way she was talking about it, how it was planned and all, he was glad for her that it wasn't happening anymore, it didn't sound like something she would enjoy very much. ''But don't you, like, have to fit a wedding dress first?'' he asked, logic kicking in immediately. He placed a hand on her shoulder and with a slight grin said, ''To be fair, you aren't seventeen yet, so technically you are indeed a child.'' It was meant as a joke but as soon as he said it, Arcturus realised that it might not be the best of jokes considering the last two weeks.

Kira smiled a little at Arcturus's indignation. "Caelans family. Around the time we started dating, Tyra was pregnant with the triplets. We got this last minute reservation for a party. I threw it together myself, down to the last detail. Only the morning of his mother arrived, announced it was his birthday party, and that she and Caelan had struck a deal that if I could arrange the entire thing myself we could date. If I failed, he broke it off. She changed everything. Made me turn it into some corny luau." She rolled her eyes. "It was a hell of a scramble but I did it. But you could tell his entire family was like... in utter distaste of the place. I think it was the theme she gave me, but still."

She chuckled at his question. "Tyra is a fashion designer, she went to school for it for years. I've been her model all my life. If anyone knows my measurements, it's my older sister."

Kira straightened a little as he said she was a child, reaching back and thumping him lightly upside the head. She laid back after that, though, cuddling into his side. "Ah well, no hope for you and me then," she teased weakly. As if she could handle a romance right now. She sighed, laying her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry about all this. I must be horrid company anymore."

He listened to what Kira was telling him and frowned all the way through it. ''I'm sorry but what kind of a shitty deal is that?'' He had known that the Maxwells were a big deal, at least his parents back home in Scotland thought so, but this was quite frankly just ridiculous. ''I mean, come on, that just screams red flags.'' Arcturus knew that he should be criticising his friend as she was just coming back around, or so it seemed, but it did really confuse him why she'd ever go for that. He put his arm on the backrest of the couch when she cuddled into his side, making a bit more room for her. ''Hold on, what do you mean 'no hope for you and me then'? Was there ever?'' Arcturus joked nervously. It was moments like this when he wished that he did not have a little crush on his friend. She'd say or do things sometimes that made him wish that he could see inside someone's mind to get to know what they were thinking. He shrugged. ''Well, I have definitely had more cheerful company before, but given the situation, I'll let it slide just this once,'' the teen answered.

Kira shrugged at his question. "Everything was twisted. I guess I just... thought as long as he loved me we could work through it." She sighed. "Remind me next time I think I might like someone not to lose myself trying to be what they want." She shut her eyes, laying a hand over his chest and feeling the faint beating of his heart. She laughed a little at his question. "I don't know, you were pretty cute back in third year," She teased lightly. She sighed, cuddling closer and relaxing. "What would I do without you?" She murmured softly, reaching up behind her to try and grab his arm to pull it down around her. "I'm sorry I'm such a mess," She murmured softly, summoning over a blanket and trying to pull it around her without shuffling Arcturus too much.

''I'll give you a clout round the ear next time you lose yourself again,'' Arcturus answered. Of course, he wouldn't actually hit her the next time something like that happened, but what he would do was tell her in many words why she shouldn't be doing it to herself again, especially given the last time. ''Wallow in self-pity, probably,'' the teen teased back. He let Kira pull his arm around her and smiled kindly when she apologised for being such a mess. It was understandable given the situation so he wasn't going to say anything about it. ''Is it time for the mandatory daytime nap already?'' He asked, ''You know, I've been napping a lot more ever since we started talking again. I will totally blame you if I haven't finished my homework at the end of the day,'' Arcturus added with a grin and grabbed the blanket to pull it around the both of them.

Kira smiled softly. "Well then it's probably a good thing I dont see myself trusting anyone like that again. I really thought... well, I guess it doesnt really matter what I thought." She bit her lip to keep herself from getting too upset again, settling down against him as he covered them both. "I'm not bothering you, am I?" She asked softly. "I dont mean to. I just- I feel safe with you." She bit her lip. "If- if you need to work I'll go lay down in the dorms." She didnt really want to go, but she didn't want to make things harder for Arctururs just because she was being a crybaby.

"Well, don't think like that," Arcturus said. "You are still young, who knows what happens," he added, though could not fault her for thinking like that. He shook his head at her question. "Of course not, if you were bothering me I would have probably told you so in some way or another." He didn't know if that was true or not, because he did not actually think that she could ever bother him. She'd been his friend for many years, even if their friendship had withered a bit during the past few years. "I can lay down with you for a bit, though I do have to get back to my studies later," Arcturus told Kira. "If you allow it, of course," he joked.

Kira smiled a little as he tried to reassure her. "Fine, maybe eventually. But he has to get past you first." She told him, laughing lightly. She relaxed as he reassured her, shutting her down eyes. "I can help you later," she offered. "I know my work. I'm just always so tired I mix it up in classes." She yawned, almost as if proving her point. Without really thinking she ran her thumb lightly along Arc's ribs, starting to fall asleep. He really was warm.

''Right, because I'm very intimidating,'' Arcturus replied. He chuckled when she yawned and said, ''Sure, your help would be very much appreciated.'' He glanced down at her when she started to run her thumb lightly along his ribs, wondering if she knew that she was doing it. ''Just don't snore,'' Arcturus said before closing his eyes as well. To be honest, he was enjoying taking these naps lately, they especially did wonders against the headaches he was having after a long day.

Kira smiled softly at Arcturus's words, half asleep already. Maybe not, she hummed lightly, but if anyone else would ever have a shot at my heart it would be you, She yawned as she drifted away, barely tapping her thumb against his side when he told her not to snore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back