OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Though Nova wasn't a huge fan of summer, even she couldn't resist the warmer temperature outside. It wasn't exactly summer yet in New Zealand, and the weather system had her all confused. She still hadn't gotten used to the fact that they were approaching Christmas, and yet the weather was getting hotter. The whole country was backwards.
Still, the First Year took a bag full of books out to the Great Lawn. It was too hot for her to sit in the sun, but under a tree where there was shade was perfect. Her mother had sent her a puzzle book that she had found at the bargain store and the blonde was beginning to get to the trickier puzzles. So she sat, leaning against the tree with the book propped up on her knees, as she tried to figure out the next riddle in her book.

Eric was bored. He had nothing to do at Hogwarts except for his homework. He sort of regretted not joining any of the clubs, but they had all looked pretty lame. He hadn't really made many friends, which was fine, but it did mean he was often by himself. The boy was kicking a ball over the great lawn by himself, trying to keep himself entertained for a little while. He approached a tree, and he noticed a girl sitting under it with a book. He scoffed, then noticed it was Nova. Eric came to a stop, his foot on the ball. "What is it with girls and books?" He asked her. "Boring." Then he grinned at her. "Luckily for you, I'm here now."

Nova's attention got pulled when she heard someone speaking, and she looked up with a glare before she saw it was Eric. A smirk played on her face when he called books boring, and she placed the book flat on her knees as he continued talking. "Sorry that we just want to better ourselves. I see you're not striving for that. Are you perfect already?" Nova teased. "I'm not sure that you are more interesting than my puzzle book Eric, so am I really that lucky?" She said, though still smiling. He was one of the only people so far that she actually enjoyed spending some time with, so she didn't mind the distraction. However, she put her book back up, and pretended to go back to her puzzles.

Eric scoffed. "A book isn't going to make you better, just boring." He told her. "You're like those nerds in your dormitory." He added teasingly. He laughed a bit at her question. "You know it." He said as she asked if he was perfect already. Then he kicked the ball up and against the tree. "I'm definitely more interesting than a puzzle book. Let's do something." He told her, hoping he could actually convince her to stop being boring and spend time with him. It wasn't until he spoke to Nova that he'd realized how much he wanted to hang out with someone.

Nova laughed when Eric made his opinion about books clear, but shook her head at his comment about her being a nerd. "I may be a nerd, but I am the best nerd. I'm nothing like the people in my dormitory." The Ravenclaw retorted, with a small roll of her eyes, before laughing again again when he said he was perfect already. She was glad that she had found someone that she actually enjoyed the company of. Nova finally closed her book when he suggested to do something, and got to her feet. "Alright then Eric, what do you have in mind? Playing football, or are we going to be tagging on walls again?" She asked lightly,

Eric shrugged with a small laugh. "I guess that's true. You're definitely better than Minnie." He rolled his eyes. "She's such a bore, I don't know how you're not dead from boredom already sharing a dorm with girls like her." Eric didn't really think his own dorm mates were much better, but at least they weren't boring know-it-all's. He smiled when Nova closed her book, glad she was on board to do something. "I was going to play football, but I'm not against tagging walls. There's plenty of people here that suck, and it's really a public service if we spread the word don't you think?" He grinned at her. "Do you have anyone you want to warn the students about?"

Nova shrugged when Eric said she was better than Minnie. She knew it, but she was glad that Eric appreciated it as well. She let out a laugh at his comment. "And I don't know how you're not dead from all the fights from sharing the dorm with boys like you." Nova shook her head when Eric said he was going to play football; she did not feel like playing sports. The Ravenclaw grinned at his next comment though, she was teasing about tagging, but she also didn't mind doing it. Nova shrugged her shoulders again when he asked if she wanted to warn the students about someone. "You're probably the worst of the lot," Nova teased with a smirk, "But we'd be better to just focus our efforts on ruining Sydney together, right? Where's the place where we could write the biggest? For everyone to see?"

Eric laughed at Nova's words. "Please, those boys wish they were like me." He said with a grin. "They're all so painfully boring. Like, Noel? He's all about peace and quiet. If it was up to him I bet we would be holding hands and singing songs all day." Eric rolled his eyes. "And Zeke thinks he's the leader of us, which he's not." He shrugged. "They mostly suck." He said without much hesitation. Mark had been nice to talk to, but he was also not like Eric at all. He scoffed when Nova said he was the worst, but smiled a bit too. "Guess so, but I think everyone's been warned by now." He said with a careless shrug. Her suggestion was tempting, but after a moment he shook his head. "She already copied me, which was lame. I can't copy her copying me. We'd have to think of something new to get back at her."

Nova chuckled at Eric's comment, rolling her eyes at his explanation of the boys. They did sound painfully boring and annoying - Nova was lucky that at least the girl's left her alone. She let out a laugh again when he said everyone had been warned about him, but she supposed the only thing they really had to be warned was to not be annoying and rude, or he'd be annoying and rude right back. But Nova liked him.
The Ravenclaw nodded her head and thought about what they could do to get back at her. "Did you come with a stash of dungbombs?" Nova asked, assuming he would have. "We can just chuck them at her whenever we see her." Nova mused. "Or put something in her potion? A 'Kick Me' sign?"

Eric was glad Nova didn't want to argue with him about who had the worse dorm situation. He was sure he had it worse. All she had to deal with were nerds, and honestly, while Nova was cool, she was a bit of a nerd herself. Otherwise she wouldn't be in Ravenclaw. Not that he would say that to her. "I could buy dungbombs... I have a few, but could get some more." He said with a shrug. "But I think there should be something a bit smarter than just throwing stuff at her." He rolled his eyes. "Potions would be funny, but we don't have potions with her. And a kick me sign is lame." He muttered. "You should be thinking of better things, miss Ravenclaw. You're supposed to be the brains."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back