Sunset

Chris Connolly

Though the end of the day might be approaching Chris was only just leaving his house and setting off for Obsidian Harbour. He walked down the road, his converses were messily done up and his beanie hat bearly clung to the back of his head, once he arrived at Obisidian Harbour he found a bench and settled down on it. The sky was turning to a beautiful orangey red colour and as he sat he marvelled in the natural beauty that was shining around him.

Selena had been sitting on a bench by the harbour enjoying her book when she realised it was getting late and she had done nothing but read for a solid two hours. Her aunt would be greatly disappointed with her for not making more of an effort to get out and meet people. It so happened that when she was getting up from her own bench she spotted a younger boy about to sit down on a bench further along the harbour walk. Smiling she placed her bookmark on her page and closed her book. If she simply said hello at least she could inform her aunt that she had made a vain attempt at least of meeting someone. She drew nearer with as friendly a smile as she could muster on her face. She was really no good at this type of thing but knew she had better start trying or she would be friendless when she finally did arrive at Hogwarts.
"Hello, do you mind if I join you for a bit?"

Chris looked up as he heard someone speak to him, "Sure, be my guest," he said his Irish accent bright and warm.
"I'm Chris by the way," he said smiling once more, before his eyes flickered away and back to the sunset.

"Hi Chris, I'm Selena" she extended her hand hoping that it wouldn't seem overly informal but when unsure as to how to properly introduce herself to others she thought this was obviously the best way to do it. She had also picked up on his accent, the almost sing-song lilt to the Irish tones were unmistakable. She had met enough Irish people to recognise it.
"You're Irish, cool what part of Ireland are you from?" she didn't want to appear too forward or nosey either so retracted her hand just incase she was appearing ridiculously pushy now.

Chris smiled and shook the girls hand, "Nice to meet you Selena," he said.
"I'm from County Mayo," he said happily, his mind wandering back to the many summers he had spent wondering around the countryside with friends.
"Where are you from?" he asked curiously.

Selena was delighted that he decided eventually to shake her hand, she felt less uncomfortable now.
"I'm from England on the border between Wales and England actually. Part of our house is in one country and the other half is in the other. Mad really especially when it comes to postcodes and such. Mayo I don't know if I've heard of it" she thought strongly for a moment before a smile spread across her face, "Isn't that where they made that movie with John Wayne like donkeys years ago, The Quiet Man? It was one of my grandparents favourite movies. My granddad loved it because Maureen O'Hara with her flaming red hair was in it."
She shrugged then thinking she made have prattled on a bit.

Chris smiled, "Awesome," he said laughing and thinking it must be pretty confusing. "So would you say your Welsh or English?" he asked curiously.
"I cant say I know it, is it a muggle film?" he asked, he knew very little of anything to do with muggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back