Sunset From The North Tower

Blake Zepline

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
As Blake leaned against a window sill in the North Tower, he wrapped his Slytherin scarf more securely around his face and neck before reaching into his winter coat pocket to pull out the fake galleon that Lily had given him three Christmases ago. Hoping that she still had hers somewhere, Blake then began coding in a message to meet him in the North Tower. It was nearing dawn, so he knew that the only thing that could keep her away was that she simply did not have the match to his fake galleon anymore. Drowning his pessimistic thoughts out, Blake waited patiently for Lily.

Lily was surprised to feel the warmth in her pocket. She pulled out her prefect's key chain thinking that Bruin was calling a meeting, or someone needed assistance. When she realized that it was not the source of the warmth, she sat bolt upright in her bed, a wide smile filling her face. Her hand grasped hold of the galleon that she always kept in her pocket, even though she had figured that the mate was lost. Blake had sent her a message that she quickly read, then glanced at the ring on her finger that pointed to where he was located and his feelings. She was a bit surprised that he seemed to be nervous. Hurriedly, she pulled on the pair of hot pink Converse low-tops she had picked up over the summer and tossed on her pale pink Gap hoodie with her pair of jeans. Adding her coat and hat, she hurried off to meet her boyfriend.

Quickly making her way to the chilly tower, she silently crossed to the slim figure leaning against the window sill. Gliding across the floor, she moved to the window sill and looked out. "I love watching the colors from up here," she said with a soft smile on her face, then turned to face him. "Hi," she added simply, a smile on her face as she looked up at Blake, her eyes shining with the face that they are able to be together, even for a little bit.

Blake smiled. "Hi," he replied, pushing himself off the window sill and turning to embrace Lily. "I was beginning to think you'd lost your galleon." It was cold, yet Lily's warmth was serene, and seductive. It had been too long since the last time Blake could remember being this close to her, and it only dawned on him now exactly how much he missed this, and how much he missed her. "I hope I'm not keeping you from your studies," he said absentmindedly, and leaning forward to gently brush his lips against her's.

Lily's smile broadened as Blake moved to place his arms around her. She inhaled deeply his scent, loving the mix of his natural scent and the air around them. "Nah, I was just prepping a bit for my OWLs. Nothing that I can't take a break from to see you." She leaned into his kiss, realizing just how much she had missed him this semester.

"Well then, we should plan for more study breaks," Blake said playfully. Taking Lily's hand in his, he then lead her to the nearest bench and sat down, pulling her onto his lap. With his arms wrapped around her mid-section and his head resting over her shoulder, Blake brought his mouth to her ear and said, "So I've been meaning to ask you... if I could take you to the Yule Ball. Again." A light chuckle escaped his lips as he recounted all the memories of school events he and Lily had attended together. There really was not one ball or feast to which Blake had ever gone alone, or more specifically, without Lily. She was ultimately his other half, which should have made him feel clingy, but oddly gave him a completely different feeling. There really wasn't a word that Blake could think of to express how he felt.

Lily allowed herself to be lead to the bench and settled into Blake's lap. She was happy to be with him right now. She had no idea just how much she had missed him until she was alone with him again. There was something about being with him that she just could not put her fingers on. It was comfortable and she loved that. There was something more to it, but she was not sure what it was. It was just perfect in her opinion.

She smiled as Blake asked her to the Ball. Turning her face to his, she placed her hands on his face and spoke. "Of course I would love to go with you." She smiled, then leaned in and kissed Blake fully on the lips.

Blake accepted the kiss, lingering. Running a finger through Lily's hair, Blake rested his head on her shoulder. "How have you been?" he asked, serious. He wanted to know about everything that he had missed; how classes were, how her friends were, what she did today [and the days before] - everything. Blake hated the distance that slipped between them daily. School swamped him with loads of work that some days he couldn't even get out of his dorm. It's greatest effect on him was that he saw less and less of his girlfriend, and so he was desperately trying to make up for all the lost opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back