Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curved 8 Inch Rigid Pear Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Emilia had found herself a nice spot in one of the windowsills in the first floor corridor, as the light of the sun shining inside was perfect for her purpose today. At the start of the semester there wasn't much homework yet, so Emilia decided to read for a bit. The girl was very invested in her book, a tale about princesses and knights. Whenever the handsome prince appeared on the pages, she pictured Derek in her mind, though she would never tell anyone this.

Derek had a school book under his arm where he would usually have the rugby ball he tended to carry around. The boy was going to try a little bit more this semester so he was keen to get the last few bits and pieces he would need for the upcoming classes. He was wondering around the halls making his way back down when he spotted Emilia, sitting on a window sill with the light of the sun shining upon her. "Emilia!" Derek said as he approached her, "You've got some sunlight all over you," Derek motioned to the light around her with a little smile on his face.

Emilia was captivated by the story and reading it intently, almost forgetting where she was. The princess and prince in the book were leaning in for a kiss, and Emilia turned the page, eager to read how it would be. But she was interrupted when someone called her name, and she looked up to see the prince- no, Derek. Immediately, the girl blushed bright pink, and she stared at him with wide eyes for a moment before she quickly closed the book. "I do?"

Derek nodded with a smile, "Yeah, just a bit," he leaned against the wall beside the window sill, pretty much in front of her, "Suits you though," Derek couldn't help but add, thinking it might be best to do that. "Whatcha reading there?"

Emilia shyly tucked some hair behind her ear, her cheeks still a little flushed. She was sure now that she liked Derek, and while she was happy he was talking to her, she worried he would notice. "Oh, thank you." She said shyly. Then glanced at the book. "It's... just a silly story about princesses and things like that." She said, her voice growing a little more quiet as she wondered if Derek would find her strange for reading childish things.

Derek smiled at her, he could admit that he quite liked Emilia, she was pretty and friendly, and he liked making her smile. "I'm sure it's not silly, tell me what the story's about?" he would be willing to listen to her talk about it.

Emilia hadn't expected Derek to ask more details, and wished immediately she hadn't called the book silly. She hesitated before talking. "Well, it's about a princess who got cursed and locked in a tower, but then she was rescued by a knight. But the knight wasn't nice, he only wanted the reward he would get for her..." She started, glancing at Derek to see if he wanted to hear more or if that was enough. She hugged the book to her chest.

Derek listened as she described the book she'd been reading, "That knight doesn't sound very nice," he commented, "Does the princess punch him in the face or curse him?" he asked, curious about what could happen next.

Emilia was pleased to see Derek listening closely, and laughed softly at his suggestions, shaking her head. "That would have been funny. But no, she tricks him and escapes." Emilia said, something about her expression more intense as she explains the story. "And she just came across the prince who was meant to be saving her all along, but the knight had hurt him so he could be first. But the princess didn't trust him at first." She glanced down at the book. "But now... she's starting to." She didn't want to mention the kiss, it was too embarrassing.

Derek ended up sliding down a little and sitting a little upon an empty part of the ledge, "I would've cursed him, but tricking is cool too. Princes are better than knights too," The boy grinned easily at Emilia, "Have you read this book before?" the boy asked, almost wanting to find out if she could tell him more of the story.

Emilia scooted over slightly to make room for Derek, hoping he wouldn't interpret the gesture as her trying to get away from him. She thought it was sweet of him to listen to her explain the story, and gave him a grateful smile. "I think so too." She said softly, though she was glad he couldn't read her mind and see how she had been picturing the prince. At his question, she shook her head. "No, I haven't."

Derek smiled at her, "When you've finished it, I'd love to hear more," Derek told her honestly, he didn't do all that much reading, "I haven't read all that many books like that, I'd like to now, you've sold me on it Emilia," he kept his smile on her. He quite liked Emilia, he'd happily spend hours listening to her talk about books like that, "Whats your favourite book ever then?"

Emilia smiled brightly as Derek told her he'd love to hear more, her heart fluttering in her chest. No matter what, Derek was always nice to her and encouraged her. "I'd love to tell you about it, but you may borrow it too if you want." She said softly, glancing at his smile and away again, her cheeks pink. "My favorite book ever... is one my grandmother gave me. It's big one I have at home with a lot of old fairytale stories in them." Emilia had often stayed up late, poring over the pages and imagining herself in the stories.

"I'd rather listen to you talk about it," he said, "You make it more interesting," the boy told her as if that was obvious. "You didn't bring it to school with you?"

Emilia's heart started to beat even harder at Derek's words, and she wondered if he would hear it soon. "Oh, thank you." She said, smiling shyly. "The book goes in more detail, though." She added softly. When he asked if she had brought her other book to school, she shook her head. "It's very big, and falling apart a little. It's also in Danish."

"You speak Danish?" the boy asked in surprise, "How did I not know that about you?" He didn't get why she didn't just fix it with magic, but there was likely a good reason for it.

Emilia giggled at the surprise in his voice, unable to help herself. She shrugged, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. "I'm Danish." She told him. "I live there, my whole family is from there though my uncle moved to New Zealand."

Derek was pretty surprised that he didn't know that about her, maybe they hadn't ever talked about it, or he had forgot, "Teach me some Danish!" Derek asked, with an interested tone.

Emilia and Derek had mostly talked at various parties, and where they were from had never really come up. She smiled at his interest in her native language, sitting up a little straighter. "I'm going to say something, you should guess what it means." She said, smiling. "Hvordan har du det?"

Derek watched her sit up a little straight and did the same, he nodded welcoming the challenge, when she spoke his whole expression froze, before he started laughing, "Erm...maybe..how are you?" he spoke uncertainly, but that was his best guess.

Emilia didn't mind that Derek laughed, because it didn't sound mean. In fact, she laughed a little herself. When he guessed correctly, she beamed and clapped her hands in excitement. "You got it!" She said happily. "That's exactly right!"

The blonde walked down the halls on her way to the library to study some for the upcoming classes. Athena wanted to be as motivated ever to get good grades. With her bag onto her shoulder she walked pass the hallway. When she noticed her cousin and another boy that she had seen before but never spoke. '' Hi Emilia!'' The blonde said excited and walked over to the two. They seemed to have fun and the blonde was glad her cousin had made some friends.

"Really?" the boy asked in surprise, unsure how he'd possibly managed to get it, "Give me another?" but they were interrupted by a girl, one from their year group, he wasn't sure what her name was, but she knew Emilia, "Hi, I'm Derek!" he greeted the girl brightly, holding out a hand to her in greeting.

Emilia grinned at Derek and tried to think of something else to teach him in Danish. Maybe something funny, or something sweet she would want him to say to her... But before she could decide, they were joined by Athena. Emilia shrank back a little, nervous suddenly. Would her cousin be able to tell she liked Derek? Would Derek like Athena better? "Hi Athena." She said softly, a little disappointed to be interrupted even if she was happy to see her cousin. "This is my cousin." She said to Derek softly.

Athena smiled as she looked at the two. She had seen Emilia before with this boy, but Athena had never spoke to him before. The boy introduced himself as Derek and Athena shook his hand and smiled. '' Hi I'm Athena. Nice to meet you.'' The blonde than looked to her cousin. And Emilia introduced her to Derek. '' So what were you guys doing?'' Athena asked the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back