Sun is in the sky

Judy Sherman

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Judy was sitting on a bench outside the Ice cream shop waiting for her brother James. Judy always seemed to be waiting for him rather than the other way around. Judy didn't mind. It gave her time to think or tinker with things. Right now she was messing with something that looked like a watch. She had found it on the street. She knew that somethings in a magical street would not be safe to pick up but it looked like this one wasn't working.

Judy had already taken off the back by her own methods and was looking at the clock work in the back. It seemed like a normal enough watch. She wanted to get home now and see if she could fix it. She looked around. James should have been here by now. She just hoped she wasn't found by someone unpleasent. A shiver of fear ran down her spine. She didn't want to run into someone like Aleyha or Brodie out here on such a pleasent day. Judy bit her lip and forced herself to stop thinking like that. Calming down Judy went back to her watch.

JAmes snuck up behind his sister Judy. He then went and put his head next to her's without her knowing. "What'ca doing there?" He said suddenly next to her hoping not to scare her too much. He gave her a smile after he finished talking.

Nothing doing. Judy jumped like she had just been attcked which sent all the pieces of the watch flying. "You know I'm twichy!" Judy yelled smacking her brother in the arm. She ducked under the beach picking up the pieces of the inside of the watch but knew that she was going to end up missing one. "I was looking at this intresting watch I found before you got here." She said now smiling up. She knew that her brother hadn't meant anything by it. Unlike other people she could mention. She could trust her big brother not to hurt her on perpose.

As usual Amphitrite Zchechaf had her nose in a book, except this time it was two at once. She held one book in her right and the other in her left. It was a bit odd to turn the pages at first but she had picked up a method that let her do it in as little time as possible. She was reading The Illiad and Family Matters. She had already read both, but she had a bit of difficulty with Family Matters as it was written in English, one of her lesser languages, however her elder brother had paid for a few lessons so she could get used to what she would be reading in a few months at school. The Illiad was simply for light reading.

Just as Amphitrite was about to flip the page she tripped over someone's bag then stumbled into two other people. She blushed rapidly. "Could I be more of a klutz?" she asked in Bulgarian. Amphitrite stood up straight, closed one book after placing a bookmark in it. She then closed the other after remembering the page number. She wrapped her thin, pale arms around them tightly around her brown, leather bound books. "I apologize," she said politely. Her blue eyes caught sight of the girl that had biked into a tree earlier that week and smiled. "Hello Judy," she said a little warmer then earlier.

JAmes went and got down and helped his sister pick everything up that was dropped. "Sorry didn't see this coming or else I wouldn' of startled you." He said before some girl got there. "You know her Judy?" He asked after getting up and giving her the pieces she had missed.

Judy got a bag out of her bookbag and put all the pieces into it. She would figure out how it all went later. She smiled and huged James around the neck. "It's ok you where just playing." She said with a wide smile. She saw someone else stumble but she didn't fall. Judy smiled. "Amphitrite, hey there what brings you here with... Two books. Are you hoping to get into Raveclaw?" She asked with a bit of laughter in her voice. Judy picked herself up than held her hand out for her brother to straighten up as well. "Amphitrite, this is my brother James. James this is my... Friend? Amphitrite. Intresting name don't you think?" She said again smiling wide.

James smiled at the new girl. "It is a strang name. Not American for sure. Where are you from?" He asked giving her a smile. He had hugged Judy back and was now holding his hand out to the new girl. ((Sorry not good with names.))

Amphitrite glanced over at the boy that was with Judy as he asked Judy if they did in fact know each other. She looked over at Judy and smiled meekly. "I'm teaching myself English," she answered lightheartedly. She smiled brightly when Judy introduced her to her brother, James. "Lovely to meet you James," she said with a polite bow of her head, her brown curls dropping onto her shoulders and rested on her chest softly. "What are you two doing here?" she asked with a beaming smile.

Amphitrite looked at James' hand oddly before remembering what muggles do to greet eachother. She adjusted the books in her arms awkwardly then shook the boys hand softly. "I'm from Bulgaria, but my name is Greek, actually it was the Goddess of the Sea and the Sea Creatures," she informed softly, as if her strong Bulgarian accent was not enough. She had learned this when she had a phase of Greek mythology running through her.

must go for the evening bye loves

"Thats cool. I only know the roman names of the gods from the mythology thing. I know that the god of the sea is Neptune. The goddess would be his wife I would have to guess. All I know is that the greeks and romans worshiped the same gods but they had different names." James said as he shook her hand. He had a firm, strong, and confident hand shake. He smiled back. When people smiled at him he couldn't help but smile back.

Judy looked into the ice cream parlor. "I was just getting a snack and my brother was coming to pick me up." She said. She liked Amphitrite, she seemed nice. Judy held up the hollow watch face now. "I think this will take a while more to fix than I thought but oh well." She said smiling wide. She sat back down on the bench after she put everything way. "Sorry about the other day. I get distracted sometimes and crash into things. That's why my mother wont let me on wheels." She said with a weak smile.

She pushed James forward for him to talk to her. She wanted her brother to make friends like she was making friends. "That sound very curiose indeed. Where are you from. Both me and my brother are from all over." She said. It was true. Judy may have been born in Salem but they didn't stay there for long. Her famlily never stayed anywhere for very long.

"That clock thing is just like a puzzle. And I could help with it easily." JAmes said before Judy pushed him towards Amphitrite and blushed some for he was a bit shy.

Amphitrite's cheeks flushed a soft pink as Judy pushed James closer to her. She giggled into her hand without thinking, but said, "Oh not to worry Judy, completely understandable, my parents are both healers so I've been around people with injuries a lot, you seemed to handle yourself quite well." She grinned then shrugged softly. She sliped her hand back around her books then gave James a small grin, although he seemed shy she quite liked his company.

Judy shook her head. When did she become the abrasive one? It was usually James the one that pulling her along and making stand in front of people while she stuttered up a storm. "That's a good thing. Our mother is really good at healing too. Things turned out for the better. I was about to start crying again but this time from imbressment. Do you have any idea what it's like to completely whip out in front of two boys. I swear I thought I was going to die." She said shaking her head. She was talking a little too fast now but this time it was because she was thinking of Kaleb. "Thank you but it really took a lot of work." She said her voice fading.

"Judy you're talking too fast again." JAmes said then went and smiled back at Amphitrite still blushing some. "So what are you doing out here?" He asked her trying to think of something to say. He was having trouble thinking of stuff to say. And he felt like talking to her. ((My cat is having Kittens!!))

Amphitrite looked at James and smiled. "My brother, Pascha, needs the house now, so I figured I might as well take advantage of the warmth," she chirped. She loved the heat but in Bulgaria, at least in the Zchechaf Mansion it was freezing all the time and it was never sunny, not even over the forest.

"What house are you in James?" she asked curiously, slightly hoping they were be in the same house so she would know someone in it. She knew Judy wasn't going to be, she was in Hufflepuff for sure.

[Thats awesome!]

"Oh. Me? I'm in Gryffindor. What about you?" JAmes asked. He looked her in the eyes with his bright blue ones as he answered her. He still felt a slight blush on him as he looked into her eyes.

Judy looked at her brother wincing slighly. Amphitrite was pretty bit ot wasn't a matter for him to blush like that. Judy was starting to get annoyed but she was much, much to carful about what she said to say anything. "I was so proud when we found out that James was a Gryffedor. Mother was over the moon." She said happely. Her mother was also happy that Judy was a Hufflepuff but she wasn't as excited as she was for James. She expected this really. JUdy was a proud Hufflepuffyen.

Amphitrite's blue eyes danced excitedly, she was so pleased to know someone in her house. "Me too!" she beamed, even though she had wanted to be in Gryffindor she thought that she had a lot of Ravenclaw in her because of all the reading she did, but then again she was a bit brave to deny the Dark Arts that her family did. She was too pleased to notice Judy's distaste in what could seem like James' affection towards her, and perhaps even hers to him, in fact she barely noticed that he was blushing because of the eye contact between them. She was eleven and as an eleven year old, she thought of boys as nothing but friends.

Trite gave Judy a sideways glance and asked, "Hufflepuff?" Even though it was a clear choice, she could be one of those people that had hidden negative personalities, like her older sister, Okytabrina.

JAmes was also at the stage where he saw girls as just friends. He might of been mture for his age but he was still only 11. He noticed that his sister seemed a bit off. He went and hugged her. "You ok ?" He asked his sister. He was feeling happy that his new friend was also a gryffindor and had smiled at her when she told him she was. He wanted to say more to Amphitrite but his sister had his concern right now.

Judy beamed at both of them. "I'm alright James." She said wiggling in his arms. there where times when her brother didn't know his own strangth. Judy at the moment was suficating. "I am in Hufflepuff. There are nice people there of course and I will do my best to make the house justace." She said with a bright smile on her face. The ping of annoynece that she had felt had gone as soon as it had left. Judy was never one to hold on to those kinds of feelings for long. Judy manged to wiggle out of her brother's crushing hug but imedetly wished she hadn't because she sliped on what seemed like thin air and landed hard on the bench. The seat hit her chest making her wheeze.

Amphitrite looked down at Judy worridly and asked, "Are you alright Judy?" She gave her friend a worried smile as she wheezed. She looked over at James curiously, wondering why his sister was acting like this. Was she being dramatic just to get attention? Because if so, they wouldn't become much closer then acquaintances. She just didn't like dramatic people, she had enough of that in her family. It wasn't that Trite wanted attention of James, it just struck her had odd.

"You ok?" James asked as he went and sat next to his sister. He looked to Trite. "Don't worry. She should be ok. She's just very clumsy." He said giving Trite another smile.

Judy stopped wheezing when the pain stoped and smiled up at both of them. "I'm fine Trite, James is right. I can trip over nothing from time to time. Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy me." She said laughing a little airly because of the hit she had just taken but she was quickly getting over that. Judy picked herself up and smiled again offering her hand to James so he could get up off the floor as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back