Summer breeze

Aubrielle skipped along the village and stopped in front of a small garden. She sat on the fountain and took her fiction novel out. The eleven years old enjoyed the summer breeze brushing against her skin, the weather was just perfect. There were a lot of little children playing around, running here and there and this made her smile even more. Aubrielle was distracted to see all these happy faces, she decided to close her book and day dream instead. A young girl came over to the blond haired girl and pointed at the fountain. Carefully Aubrielle placed her on the end of the fountain as the little girl started laughing, splashing the water causing the eleven years old's shirt to be a little bit wet. Seeing how she would end up with herself completely soaked up, she put the young girl down to the ground and waved her goodbye. It was such a great day... She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath, imagining how Hogwarts would be when she gets there. Aside from all the happiness around Brielle, she was eager to meet her long lost older sister who she had never met before. The story was long and Aubrielle hoped that she could explain it to her and hopefully she wont hate any of the family.

Kaia was in brightstone for the day, she decided to owl her parents to let them know where she was as it was the Christmas break and her parents had even been excited to let her stay in New Zealand. She wouldn't be spending these next two weeks with her brother she knew, and she tried to ignore the disappointment because now she was able to decide whether she was ready to meet her biological family or not. Personally, although she'd never admit it to anyone, Kaia was frightened. What if they were just as bad as her adoptive parents? She sincerely hoped not. She desperately wanted to know exactly what happened and why they'd abandoned the girl eleven years ago. The brunette wanted the details, every single thing and reason. Kaia liked to draw, especially to get her mind off things because she was getting a headache. She smiled softly when she looked up from her sketchbook, to see what the commotion was all about. It was children, contentedly playing around, carelessly. She half-wished she could be that free again. Deciding to pack away her stuff, Kaia stood up, leaving her backpack hidden behind a tree in the shade, and walked towards the fountain. The young Ravenclaw noticed a blonde girl, around her own age laughing with the younger crowd. Kaia remembered then, just by looking at the cheerful girl, how much she resembled the brunette in personality. Kaia was like that. Some of her still was. She splashed water from the fountain over herself, it felt refreshing. New Zealand was a lot warmer than she was used to. Back home, it was cloudy most of the time with barely any sun and she missed this. She was more than happy to stay here in this wonderful place.

Aubrielle closed her eyes and leaned back toward the end of the fountain and felt the sun shining on her skin. She wanted to get a little bit of tan before going back to cold, cold Europe. When the girl opened her eyes, her eyes lingered to the crowd and spotted a brunette near the fountain. The brown haired girl resembled a lot of her mother Maybelle, could she be... Kaia? The golden haired girl took a deep breath as she gathered her upmost courage to open a conversation with the Kaia looking girl. "Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you but... Are you... Kaia Rosemary?" Her voice trembled, she was nervous as h3ck. She wasn't good in talking to new people. "I... I'm Aubrielle, Aubrielle Grimm. The daughter of Zephir and Maybelle Grimm" if that mattered to her. Aubrielle was't sure why she revealed who she was, she hoped that she wasn't making a fool out of herself.

Kaia almost fell backwards into the fountain when she heard her name being called. Except that the voice was unfamiliar and when she turned to see who had called her, she almost gaped in bewilderment. How did the blonde girl from before know who she was? Unless there was another person who's name was Kaia. But then again she mentioned her surname. The Ravenclaw nodded, still at a loss for words. When she recovered, she gave the other girl a small smile. "Not bothering at all. And yes, I am," she replied, there was no point in lying. How did the girl, Aubrielle, know it was her? "Hold on, did you say Zephir and Maybelle?" If she'd heard correctly, those were her biological parents. Her adoptive mum and dad had told her their names at least so that she could start looking for them. It couldn't just be pure coincidence. "Are you here alone?" Kaia was growing nervous. If they were here it meant she'd be able to meet them. "Woah, if you're their daughter then... we're sisters..." Her parents hadn't mentioned that. Kaia had a biological sibling! The words had slipped out on their own accord. Questions began to form in the twelve year old's mind. Question after question she wanted answered. Kaia had a sister named Aubrielle. She didn't know her age though.

Aubrielle squalled and hugged her sister tightly before letting go and bounced, holding Kaia by the hand. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh" her heart pounded faster and faster as she disbelievingly looked at her sister. "I'm going to explain why our parents gave you up before you slap me on the face" she held both of Kaia's hands and looked at her in the eye. Aubrielle hated that she didn't grow up with Kaia but it was a wise decision to do so. "Mommy has a twin sister, aunt Annabelle who is now a Howard. There's a high chance of you encountering one of those monsters hence I am sure that you know that most of the family are Scitoraris. Well Aunt Anna is too a Scit and she threatened mommy to kill you if she wouldn't do what aunt Anna wanted her to do which was divorcing dad and join her as a Scitorari. Mom and dad decided to let you stay under the protection of this couple that I have no idea about, if I'm not mistaken. But please do know that you are never legally adopted, you have always been part of the family. By the time they got me, things were a lot more stable but she dared not to bring you back though because aunt Anna threatened that she would take you and keep you with her and her husband, uncle Donavon. She hid me from the family for a long time until they have backups from the Auror to keep me safe. So she decided to get you to stay with someone who knew nothing about mom or dad who happens to be the Rosemary, and legally changed your name into Kaia. Your name was supposed to be Aubrielle, she named me after you." that was a long explanation. Aubrielle closed her eyes and put her hands down to her side "You can slap me now" she said, preparing for a painful slap.

Kaia couldn't help but laugh at Aubrielle's words, thinking it was adorable. "Relax, I'm not going to slap you," she reassured her biological sister. It felt strange to call her her sister instead of Bella, who was much younger than the Ravenclaw and also adopted, but from another family, not Kaia's. She didn't say a word until the girl was done explaining and once she was done Kaia shrugged in understanding. It made sense but she couldn't help the slight resentment. At least she had missed those early years of her childhood growing up with an aunt like that. She would have to interact and meet her at some point so she wanted to hold that off as long as necessary. Questions popped into her head. "So wait, when you said not legally adopted, they did it in secret? Does Annabelle even know?" It was very discomforting, knowing she was related to people who were as bad as aunt Annabelle. How could someone kill without sentiment?

Kaia never thought she'd say it, "
I never imagined people like that really existed, maybe in muggle movies but in real life it just seems absurd." It truly was ridiculous to her. Spending your life being a Scitorari, in Kaia's mind, was a waste of time. Unless you had no life or the choice. "Do you think she would, or is, searching for me?" She spoke before she could stop herself. She had to defend herself somehow, even though she was only twelve. The sooner she met her real parents the better. She felt the longing to do so, to see how they were like. If they were as sweet as Aubrielle Kaia was going to be overjoyed, but even if they weren't, they were going to have more stable personalities than Annabelle. The name Howard rung a bell. She almost gasped. "Woah wait. Are you-are we related to the Howards?" The question had been asked as more of a confirmation than anything else. Kaia was related to Lycus?

Aubrielle giggled and gave her sister a bone crushing hug. "Yes, they did it in secret. By now aunt Annabelle should know". Kaia should be safe by now, the Grimm was a well protected family. "Aunt Anna isn't as bad as the rest of the Howards though, she spared your life once she knew what mommy did to protect you. Mommy said that aunt Anna is now secretly protecting me from the rest of the family. But I don't know, I'm pretty sure that you should be fine that's why we contacted you in the first place" it was logical enough for them to finally meet their long lost family member for such a long time. "Yes we are. I've heard some of them are in Hogwarts New Zealand. What are their names again?" Aubrielle tapped her chin trying to recall her cousins names. "Long story short, we have an uncle called Noah Starr who is married to a Hitachiin, a big Scotirari family. And an aunt called Annabelle who is married to a Howard. I haven't heard much about uncle Noah's children but if I'm not mistaken our Howard cousins are... Cyrill, Freya, Nicolette, Kerryn, and Candice Howard. I've heard that Freya looks a lot like you though I've never met them. I don't know the rest of the Hitachiin nor the Howard though, but yes we are related to them by marriage. Mommy said that it's best to keep our specific identity as a secret. " the girl shrugged.

Maybelle had been waiting for years to finally meet her little Kaia who was formerly named Aubrielle. Her guilt of giving her up for an adoption pierced her heart, but it was the right thing to do. She couldn't think of any other option at that moment. Therefore Belle and Brielle decided to go to New Zealand to finally meet their one and only Kaia Grimm. Once they've reached Brighstone Village, Belle left Brielle for a quick wand repairing somewhere near the fountain. Brielle wanted to be outdoor enjoying the water anyway. It took her quite a while until she got her wand fixed. Belle pushed the door and went to find Aubrielle, noticing a brunette who looked a lot like Freya. She walked toward Aubrielle and heard her daughter calling the other girl, Kaia. "Ka... Kaia?" the woman broke down, dropping her bags, and burst into tears. The mother of two took Kaia's hand , cupping Kaia's cheek. "My daughter, Kaia." she cried once more before continuing to speak. "I am... Truly sorry for letting you go through this. For being absent, away from you. Do know that not a day passed without me thinking of having you in my arms. Please forgive me child" at this point her voice was shaking. She felt so bad for leaving her daughter with someone else but she had no choice.

Kaia hugged her little sister in return, enjoying the affection she had for her. Already, the second year was fond of Aubrielle. For a change, someone was giving her love and free hugs. "Hey so Aunt Annabelle isn't as bad as I thought, only at first. Twins will always be twins, after all," she said, thinking of her two older adoptive cousins. She shrugged at the younger girl's words, and when she mentioned the names she nodded. "Yup. Out of those I've only met Kerryn, and I get the impression that because she doesn't know who I am yet doesn't like me," she shook her head, giggling. She couldn't wait to see her reaction once she found out. Kaia was surprised as it was so she couldn't imagine Lycus and the rest of them. Gosh, Lycus. What would he do when he found out? Would Kaia be the one to tell him? Maybe she did not have to.

The second year liked to think she was too young to know what she thought of Scitoraris, everyone had their reasons for acting the way they did was her opinion of it so far. She didn't want to think about it now though. "
Are you going to Hogwarts soon? Have you received your letter yet?" Kaia asked Aubrielle curiously, wanting to know her age. She did seem old enough but if she was already in school surely the Ravenclaw would have seen her around before. Soon, a woman called out her name. Before she could respond, the brunette felt the woman hug her. She realised from the woman's attitude and words that it was her. Her mother. Despite not knowing her, she felt the familiarity of her hug, and she began to cry out of joy as well. It wasn't often that tears poured out. It meant Kaia had somehow missed this contact. "It's okay," she said awkwardly trying to comfort the older woman.

Maybelle held her little Aubrey or is now Kaia tightly, not letting her go. "My little Aubrey" she sulked as the woman caressed her daughter's beautiful brown hair. Maybelle then gave her a kiss on both of her cheeks and looked at the girl in the eye, wiping her tears. She had grown so much, into a young lady that resembled a lot of both Belle and her husband. Brielle was more like her dad but Kaia had both of her parents in her. "I guess I should be calling you Kaia hey, Aubrey?" Maybelle chuckled as she wiped her tear and smiled at her baby girl. She couldn't believe it, it was too good to be true. Both Aubrielle and Kaia are finally reunited. "Kaia, would you like to live with us? Or" the brunette gulped before continuing her words. It was hard for her to give the young girl an option but she wasn't a little child anymore, she ought to make her own decision. "Do you... Want to remain living with the Rosemary?" Aubrielle then walked toward both of them and placed her arms around Kaia, resting her head on the brunette. "Whatever your decision is, we're here for you. Not to mention that I'll be in Hogwarts next year!!" Maybelle smiled hearing what her little blond baby girl had to say. Belle took a deep breath one more time, waiting for Kaia to decide.

The young brunette felt kind of weird that this woman was crying over Kaia, but she accepted it because she had no idea what it felt like for a mother to lose a child for twelve years. So instead she let herself be hugged and given the attention that she'd longed for, for so long from her adoptive parents that she never received. Kaia smiled at her mother, it was hard not to. "Thanks," she said, as it was the only thing so far that she managed to get out. "I'll...can I think about it?" She wanted to talk to her family about it and if they were okay with it, especially Matt and Bella. She valued their opinions more than their mum's and dad's. "I would like to speak with my parents first," she smiled up at her biological mother warmly, hoping she would let her. After all, it was her own decision wasn't it. But she needed parental consent, because that was what the Rosemary parents were like. They had gone through the same procedures when they adopted Bells, except now the only difference was moving out instead of moving in, with her real family. Kaia doubted she'd mind, she had just met her little sister and mum but they seemed like extremely nice people. What she had been fearing was long gone; Aubrielle and her mother were treating her with much more respect than Sean and Michela ever did. She figured it was because of Kaia was adopted and not their biological daughter. After all, they adored Matt. It was the same situation with Bells.

It pierced Maybelle's heart to hear Kaia calling someone else parents. She wished that Kaia didn't have to be absent from her. The fourty one years old woman forced herself to smile and looked at her daughter in the eye kindly. Although it was hard for Belle to hear her answer, she respected her little Kaia. She has to let her daughter to decide what she wants if she truly loves her. "I just want what's best for you, Kaia. You can live with whoever you want as long as my daughter is happy and loved" her voice was shaking and tears rolled down her cheek. It was hard to say that to her Kaia but she wanted her to be happy. That's all that matters. "I'm sorry that your father can't be here with us, he's extremely ill. He had been crying all night to know that he's finally going to hold his daughter in his arms. As you know my name is Maybelle and your father's name is Zephire Grimm. We are well protected by the Aurors and if you wonder about your blood status, you are a pureblood although Aubrielle knows a lot about muggle sports and equipments since I am very fond of them. I lost my parents in fire and I was adopted by muggleborn couples, that's how I know a lot about a life of a muggle." the mother of two gave a bit ieformation to Kaia hoping that she would know who she really is.

Kaia loved the feeling when her real mother looked at her, with the kind smile and warmth she had longed for her entire life. She didn't expect her to be this nice, after all if they were related to the Howard family she expected a colder version but she now knew she had been naive just thinking that. The Ravenclaw, from that instant, knew where she wanted to stay. She needed to convince her- Matt's parents first. "I think," she started, not really sure where she was going with this but knowing her final decision. Kaia was right to decide what she did when she trusted what she decided. She was meant to live with her actual family. "I think I might want to come and live with you guys. I'd love to get to know you more," she smiled up at her mother, wanting to go back with them right now but knowing she couldn't just yet. "Besides I feel like I've lived with Michela and Sean long enough," the brunette giggled, meaning for her statement to be light-hearted and not to be taken to heart. She hugged her little sister closely, wanting to spend the rest of her days with her. New Zealand seemed like the best place to be right now, the weather was perfect and she had a sister. A sister! She still couldn't believe it. "They live in England though. Maybe I should owl them or something?" She bit her lip, realising what this meant. Kaia had grown to love New Zealand the past two years she'd been here for school. Especially this village.

Maybelle was completely surprised and overjoyed when she observed on her daughter's reaction that slightly changed as she confirmed that she wanted to live with the Grimm. The mother of two didn't want to get her hopes high though, a twelve years old can change their minds in a heartbeat just like what happened and she understood why kids in such a young age do that. "How wonderful" Aubrielle hugged her sister tightly and caressed her mother's cheek. "You must be thankful of Sean and Michela though, look at you now. You're a healthy young lady" the woman said and fixed her daughter's shirt gently. "I suggest that you meet them in person and talk to them kindly and see how they think. I understand if they want you to be with them and it really is your choice. After all you're their little daughter too, I don't want to snatch you away from them. It'll be too hard for them to bear" the wise woman took her daughters by the hand and lead them to a classy restaurant. The three of them sat on an elegant table as the butler gave them the menu to order. "You girls order whatever you want" Belle ordered a cup of tea and a salmon salad. "I can take you to Michela and whatever decision you're making just know that Brielle and I are here for you. Do know that we love you and we want you to be happy" she couldn't stop smiling seeing her daughters finally reunited

Sorry for godmoding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back