Such a Killjoy

Aphrodite Romanes

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Maple Wand 11 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Aphrodite adjusted the designer scarf around her neck and smiled to herself as she made her way from the Gryffindor Common room all the way to the First Floor Corridors. Her nicely handled Firebolt was gripped tightly between her manicured nails. A few students that she passed gave her a weird look but she ignored it. Since Aphrodite was only a first year and wasn't exactly a glutton for the rules she figured it would be more than okay to take a little ride through the hallways. She had been riding a broom for most of her childhood so it wasn't like she didn't know how to ride a broom or anything, she knew how to do that perfectly fine. Plus she wasn't allowed to really practice anywhere else, she tried to convince the Gryffindor Captain to let her try out for Quidditch but she figured he was highly sexist or something as she was told no extremely quickly. He wouldn't even let her show him how good she was for someone her age who also happened to be a girl. He was even one of her best friends brother too so it added onto the fact that it seemed just unfair and mean to do to a little girl. Having skills should make her desirable and she knew more about the game that most people probably thought she did because she was a little girly girl, but hell, her brother was a Professional Quidditch player and so was one of her uncle's. They taught her so much and she owed it to them for teaching her how to fly. But how was she supposed to show it off if no one ever gave her a chance to do so? Just like the whole singing business, she hadn't been to a lesson in so long she was sure her voice would crack at the first high scale note she tried to hit. But there was really no place around here for her to practice either to make sure she wasn't losing her tune. As much as she loved this school, it really put a dimmer in people's talents. Grinning at a few others who stared at her curiously she eventually chose on an unpopulated area and looked around to make sure she wouldn't hit anyone.

Aphrodite adjusted her boots and her jeans before she mounted the broom quickly. Her bright eyes scanned the floor before she gave a strong kick of the ground and shakily hovered there for a moment. Sure she knew how to fly but she could admit that there were probably others out there that could top her. But she was only Eleven so what could one expect. Leaning forward, Aphrodite started to fly around the hallway like a semi-speeding bullet. Students who saw her either shot her an annoyed look of sorts, dodged her, or cheered her on for being probably the biggest idiot they had seen so far this year. Her hair flew around her lightly and she had to take a moment to flick her head and get some of it out of her face so she could see where she was actually going. The hallways were getting a lot less crowded which was good for Aphrodite because it meant that she'd be less likely to hit someone. Flying around a little bit more Aphrodite decided to try and be bold and try flying without hands. Oh was that a bust. Only last seconds, the broom started to wobble and Aphrodite clutched on in fear and squeaked. "Oh my god, watch out!" Aphrodite yelled out trying to make sure that some students didn't end up getting hit by her broom. But of course some people had extremely small brains and slow reactions, narrowly she managed to avoid any collisions. But all the noise was bound to bring some form of trouble.
<i></i>

The Gryffindor Prefect just exited from one of his many hard OWL lessons but thankfully he did not have that many this semester. He just had a few really. So, he was pleased about that. Damian had his straight hair around him, and also he thought that he looked suitable right now anyway. The badge was on his chest and he continued to walk the corridors. Though as he made his way through the second one, he met with a friend, and then continued on his way, with a stack of books in his hand. Damian was not really in the best of moods which would explain why he had a sour look on his face right now. However, as he arrived on the first floor, he thought that he heard some cheering or something. That was odd, was it someone's birthday? Damian did not recall anyone being born on this day, but then again, he was not friends with many in their first or second year, so that might have been why they were cheering. The Gryffindor most definitely did not expect to see a first year on a broomstick being so bold enough to fly through the first floor corridor, without holding on, and then heading right toward him. The broom started to wobble and even then, Damian knew that it meant disaster! Damian thought about getting a professor when a thought occurred. I am a Prefect! I need to get on this! Damian then recognized the first year as he dodged and retrieved his wand. Aphrodite Snow. The one that he turned down on the Quidditch team. Not only that, she was good friends with his sister and that only meant bad news. Damian yelled, "Aphrodite Snow!" but she was probably too far ahead to hear him. Damian would not summon his Streak just to chase after her. Running as fast as he legs could carry him, he decided to be a little bold himself. Trying a spell to slow her down and stop her. He was new with this spell so he hoped that nothing would go wrong. "Impedimentia!" The spell burst from his wand, and went after the first year's broom at amazing speed. The spell was meant to slow or stop an object, so he hoped that the broom would not stop suddenly and make the first year fly off the handle.

Aphrodite had been cruising along peacefully and happily as others cheered her on or watched her, but that all soon came to a sudden end. Vaguely hearing her name being called she turned her head to try and see if she could see who it was. No one could be seen but when she turned back around she nearly ran into one of the statue's in the building that was sitting closer to the edge of the wall. Crying out in fright Aphrodite turned her broom and managed to avoid hitting it. But she continued to wobble as she tried to steady out her broom and make it so that she didn't fall. Whoever called her name was a real jerk for trying to distract her from flying well. But then it appeared that someone else didn't want her to be able to fly either because her broom came to a sudden halt. And because of the speed she was going and the sudden half of the broom, Aphrodite was unable to control her own body and before she knew what had hit her she flew off the broom handle and right onto the Corridor floor. A few students that either knew her or were worried that she was hurt crowded around her as she laid there for a moment wondering if she was dead or just dreaming that this had happened. The coolness of the room and the goosebumps on her arms reminded her that she was indeed still awake and alive. But whoever had caused her to fall off her broom was definitely not going to be as lucky. 'Wow okay this really hurts. I better not have a hole in my jeans, or someone's face is going to be making best friends with my broomstick. God why would someone do this to me? I better get up before people think I died or something.' Aphrodite thought herself for awhile as she laid on the ground. A few more moments passed by before she asked everyone if they could back up so she could have some air. Aphrodite sat up and brushed her hair out of her face. "Okay, who's brilliant idea was this?!" When she was fully standing on her feet, she brushed the dirt off her clothing and looked around. Whoever it was had to be a jerk or some horrible prankster because her knee's and elbows were killing her now. They might be bleeding too but she was too afraid to lift up her sleeves or jeans to check and see.

Damian flinched a bit in the air when he saw the broom come to a sudden halt, and the first year Aphrodite Snow flying off the broom. Damain thought with a wince, That had to hurt. Whoops. Damian saw some others that were waving at Damian and some saying that he had done the wrong thing. Well, it was not his fault, and he was Prefect now so he could have some authority anyway. And some of these first years really needed to learn either how to fly, or how to stay out of trouble. And flying indoors was not going to suffice in this school! Damian bit his lip as he walked toward the first year, his wand still drawn and his teal eyes rather fixed upon the first year. Damian wondered what was going on with Aphrodite and what in the world was going through her head about flying in the middle of the corridors. Damian glanced at the other students before waving them on and telling them wordlessly that they need to move on and not make this even worse than it seems. Damian approached Aphrodite as she stood up and asked who's bright idea was it. Damian could not help but interject with that question and or exclamation, "Well, depending on which idea you are talking about. If it is the flying in the corridors, yours. But stopping you for breaking the rules, that would be me." Damian put his wand back inside of his robes and folded his arms across his chest. Well, she most definitely was not like Alyssa, because he did not remember her ever breaking any rules as reckless as Aphrodite had. Damian knew that she was friends with his sister, but he could never catch her in the act whereas he had cause Aphrodite red handed. Well, this would be a little different because she was caught riding on a broomstick, so more than just her hands were red from rule breaking. But he had no idea what to really do with her. Probably detention. Yes, Prefects could give detentions, right? Or he could take her to Professor Weasley and have her deal with Aphrodite Snow. Well, maybe he could notify of Professor Weasley or something. He really did not know how the situation worked anyway. Damian tapped his foot on the ground, waiting for an explanation from the first year on why she did this.

Aphrodite turned her head to the direction of the voice that spoke out amongst the crowd of gathering Hogwarts students. She wanted to know who thought it would be appropriate to knock her off of her broom like that. Finally her pretty blue eyes fell onto Damian who was approaching her even, he was the one who had knocked her off of her broomstick? For one this was a major shock to her because she had heard from her sister that he was the sweetest guy in the world, and he liked to have fun. This little incident was both not fun and it wasn't nice either. So she must have lied about this elder Gryffindor. Plus he was Krystin's older brother so she almost expected kinder behavior from him instead of being treated like an idiot. As he spoke to her Aphrodite grew more and more annoyed with him. He was acting like she was a child and that flying was against the rules. Just because he was sexist and wouldn't let her play on the Quidditch team she was stuck practicing wherever else she could manage to play at. "Excuse me? I saw nothing in the rule book about this! Plus where else am I supposed to practice, your stupid team hogs it all the time so I can never get in practice in!" Aphrodite didn't really think the team was stupid. But he had humiliated her in front of the student body she was trying to impress and this whole thing could have been avoided by him in the first place. It seemed like he was purposely trying too ruin her fun. He was such a killjoy. The honey blonde female put her hands on her hims and tapped her foot on the ground, letting Damian know that she was not going to be treated like this. Krystin was so right about her brother when she said he was obnoxious and that they would never want to hang out with him. "Oh and by the way, what kind of a selfish jerk would knock a poor girl off of her broom like that?" Certainly not someone who happened to be a gentleman. Which he was definitely not and she wouldn't be afraid to tell him that to his face. Men these days just did not know how to treat to lady.

Damian felt like shining the Prefect badge right in her eyes so show her who she was dealing it. He was a Prefect, and a good one at that. Well, he was confident that he was at least. Damian would remember this to the end of his days. He would remember catching Aphrodite Snow, and he was definitely going to write to her sister about this. Maybe keep her under some sort of control. However, it seemed as though she was one of his sister's lackies. What was so bad was that he had no idea how he could get Krystin to behave when she herself scared the living daylights out of him. Damian continued to tap his foot against the stone floor, and he heard her attitude, and narrowed his teal eyes. How in the world did she not know that flying was against the rules in the corridors? Or else everyone would be riding around on broomsticks. It was just silly what she was saying! Damian rolled his eyes, and he said as a matter-of-factly, "No magic is permitted in the corridors, what do you think flying is? Everyone would be flying around in here. Besides, the team is not practicing now, so you can go practice, because with flying skills like what I just saw, it would be a long time before you even get on the 'stupid' team that you wanted so much to be apart of." Damian's voice had grown colder and colder, with each passing word. He had not meant to really do what he did, but now he sure as hell was not apologizing. No, he would just shrug it off and pretend that it was no big deal to him even if he did feel even a little bit bad about it. But it was not his fault that he did not know the outcome of what would happen when he did that. Damian shrugged lightly, "I meant to slow it down to a stop, didn't know the spell had so much of an impact. I'd say you flew better than the broom though." His lips curled into a smile as he thought that to be funny for a moment, before faltering, "Let's go for a walk, because flying would've earned you detention. Wonder what Professor Weasley would say about this." Damian hoped that she would see things like he would, because she was so doing this because she did not get on the team. She was a first year, and she barely knew how to fly!

Aphrodite let her blue eyes shift over to that Prefect badge that was pinned on his robes, it made her wonder what it took to become one of those infamous prefects she has been hearing about. Did this mean that he had some actual authority over her? Then Damian started to speak to her about how magic wasn't permitted in the corridors, and by that he meant no magic as well. Which meant that Flying was a big no no in this school. "But no one ever told me that it wasn't allowed, this is a school of magic so I figured magic in the hallway would be allowed." Aphrodite started off. Her tone wasn't as rude as it was before but it was more a less filled with a tone that showed she was honestly a little confused. No one had ever mentioned this to her so as far as she knew it was just as allowed as all the other things she did at this school. The part about her never being on the team sunk in too and she let her mouth drop open in horror. How could he say that with the skills she showed today? He had obviously never seen her actually play before so it wasn't like he had room to talk. There was no way to show her skills off in here so how would he know if she was good or not? "You have never really seen me fly so how would you know? Besides, how can anyone fly when older kids are knocking them off of it!" Aphrodite sighed after she said that sentence. He was being a jerk to her right now and she saw easily how it was that he and Krystin never got along, and she was the nice and tolerant of all her friends and even she couldn't stand him."What? N-no! I don't need a detention! Come on this is completely unfair!" Aphrodite whined. How could he even think that she deserved this as a treatment when she didn't know that it was not allowed? Plus he was the one that knocked her off her broom and got her laughed at by the school. This would never have happened anyways if he wasn't being rude and actually at least let her try out. Just because she was young and a girl didn't mean that she couldn't play just like the rest of them could.

Damian rolled his teal eyes and he stated in a small, monotone voice, "Told or not, it is common sense, and if it was allowed, even I would be flying back and forth in the corridors. You are lucky that Professor Styx did not catch you or else...oh man, would not want to bestow that on anyone, not even my greatest enemy." Damian physically shuttered at the thought, and he did not know what would calm down Professor Styx would have done. Damian was still a Prefect and he could not let a first year get away with what she had done. No, she was in trouble, and just because he was a soft-hearted person, he could not let that be his weakness at all. Damian would have to educate her on the rules of being a Quidditch player, and he could not let her try out because she was a first year at the time, and they needed their flying lessons finished before they could even play Quidditch yet. Every team did this, though he had heard that Austin would have allowed it only if the first year showed enough skills first. Damian was a little unsure, but he was a young Captain too. Damian could not help but laugh a bit and he said with a subtle smile, "I did not mean to knock you off your broom. I tried to slow it down to a stop, and it kind of seemed to just stop. So that was my fault. Regardless, no first years are allowed to be on any House team unless the Captain says otherwise, because you all must go through your flying classes first to get some more skills in before playing with the older kids. And those Slytherins would have loved to have a Gryffindor first year opponent as pretty as you to knock off your broomstick. Come to think of it, I do hope that Elouise Possible can knock a few snakes' heads in." Damian was just being truthful about how some others would have acted, and he thought that she would have been safer too if she was a little older and knew more. Damian just knew that he would have trouble with this one. Damian glanced at the ground for a moment, before he shook his head and thought that some people would just never change. Damian motioned with his hand to follow him, "Sorry, but rules are rules." Hopefully this would not cost him or her any house points.

Aphrodite did not like being lectured by Damian like this. He sounded almost like her father did when he used to lecture her, only he was better looking and well, wasn't her father. Boys like him were so annoying because they were such goody little two-shoes and they just nabbed any kind of fun possible out of any situation. She didn't dare comment on the Professor Styx thing because she knew he wouldn't have put up with any of this. Back when she lived with Danielle at the Zhefarovich Manor she had seen that man's temper on multiple levels and although he never reacted too badly he sure knew how to put his foot down. Still, it didn't mean that Damian needed to act like this just because she didn't know that she was doing anything wrong and actually intended to stand up for herself. This was possibly the worst day she had ever had at Hogwarts and it was still early in the year. Thank goodness the crowd had dwindled down and the only ones watching her and Damian now were the ones interested in seeing who was this little brawl. The short blonde rolled her eyes when Damian laughed a bit and smiled, this was not something to laugh at. He started to speak too and more or less she wanted to sneak away and go bury her head under her pillow. "Sure you didn't. And I don't need any flying lessons, I already know how to fly just as well as any of the players on your team! And as for the Slytherin's, they can all kiss my butt because I don't care how threatening they think they are. Next year I'll show you." Aphrodite commented with a stomp of her foot. So she was a girly girl? Big deal, it didn't mean that she didn't know how to play Quidditch. Next year during the Tryouts she would show him too. Show him exactly what she meant when she said that she knew how to play. Sure she wasn't the best player he might have, but she was advanced for her age. Still Damian wouldn't budge and now she was going to get into trouble. Tears pricked at the corner of her eyes and she sighed before following Damian in a huff. She hated this school and she really didn't want to get in trouble.​
<i>
</i>

Damian could not help but shake his head at the first year. She really, truly needed to learn her place here in Hogwarts New Zealand. How would she ever learn if she always broke the rules and hung around the bad crowd? Damian did not even notice that some of the others were leaving the two, very few stuck around to see who would win this out which Damian did not even pay attention actually. He did not really enjoy being competitive with this anyway. He was here to ensure that the rules were set in place, and he was here to make sure that no one broke them. That was all. Damian shrugged, "Believe me or not, it is not my conscience. If you say so, rules are rules though. I'll hold you to that, be there next year at try-outs and show me your true Gryffindor colors." Damian was being somewhat nice though, even though he was leading her on the way to get her detention set up. Maybe after today, she would learn, and maybe it would teach her a thing or two about the rules of the castle, which his sister was learning fast, by breaking every single one of them. He did not even notice that Aphrodite Snow was really upset by breaking the rules. Damian was too focused on being a Prefect, that it was slowly making him a little colder to rule-breakers and those that associated with his sister.
F i n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back