Stumbling Into Confusion

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia left the Three Broomsticks thinking she looked fine. She was wrong, but the teen had no idea of this. In her not sober state Sophia had no idea that she actually stumbled out the door and was walking with a rather large and strange gait down the street. No, in her gray eyes she was just dandy. Although the ground looked awfully fuzzy. As Sophia was reflecting on how strange this was she forgot to focus on where she was going. Her foot hit a bump in the road which she normally would have handled with grace, but tonight her knees buckled and she landed on her knees in the middle of the road.

Well this is just great the noirette thought to herself as she sat down in the road. She knew she should probably get up, but she just could not find it in herself. Why should she get up anyway? Daniel had left her. He just up and left with Shane. Didn't he care about her? Didn't he want to fight for her? Why would he leave like that? Before she knew tears were welling up in Sophia's eyes. This night was supposed to be wonderful, and instead it was turning out to be a disaster.

Michael made his way down the street, his usual strut quite evident. Now he wasnt trying to please just the one team. Heading for the Three Broomsticks, he watched as a girl stumbled out only to sway a bit as she walked and then fall down in the middle of the road. Furrowing his brow, he stepped closer carefully. He could get something to drink later, this girl seemed to have had too much.

When he was only a few steps away from her, Michael noticed she was quite pretty, even when she was in such a state. Her eyes held unshed tears and Michael found himself leaning down next to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder, he knew woman were easy to win over when they had alcohol and were upset such as this girl. Michael always knew the right things to say to a woman who was upset. This should be a peice of cake. The devil on his shoulder added. "Miss, are you alright?" He asked gently. Before letting her answer he reached under her arms and pulled her up. "Come on, you cant sit in the middle of the road." He said kindly.

Sophia was about to give up on the night when she heard a voice beside her. Even through her tear-filled eyes she could tell he was cute. A flicker of hope welled up inside her and she gave him a weak imitation of a smile. If Daniel could leave then Sophia could have fun with this guy.

"Thanks," she said softly as she got to her feet with his help. Once standing she brushed off her skirt, straightened her shirt, wiped her eyes, and then looked up at him. "Yeah I'm all right, I just fell." Although she was not exactly smiling Sophia was looking hopefully at the guy, her wide eyes hungry. "I'm Sophia," she said, sticking her hand out for him to shake. It was a terrible introduction, especially from her. She should have done something sexy or cute, but instead she just stuck out her hand. Then again, he had found her on the ground about the cry.

Michael shot her one of his lazy grins when she got up easily and said she had just fallen. Michael stared back into her eyes, pleased with the look he was recieving. He grasped her hand firmly, but softly when she introduced herself as Sophia. "Sophia." He tried out the name, almost whispering it. "Im Michael." He said raising an eyebrow with half a smirk on his face.

He was surprised in her change of attitude after he had found her on the floor, but in another way he was thankful they could just put it away. Truth be told he hated the drama of comforting and all that jazz. It got old. It was usually all the same, but he did it regardless, because it got him in the good books. "Oh and dont worry, I wont hold you to the first impression." He winked, to show he was joking.

A chill ran up Sophia's spine as Michael whispered her name. Maybe it was the alcohol, or the Daniel thing, or something else entirely, but she was attracted to him. His smirk was gorgeously wonderful and she suddenly felt the urge to kiss him. No. I have to play this cool. "Nice to meet you Michael," she said in a silky smooth voice. Despite all the Fireshiwkey she was still fairly with it.

When Michael said he wouldn't hold her to the first impression the noirette smiled, her cheeks blushing with embarrassment. "Thanks. I was having a pretty bad night, but I'm hoping that will change now." Sophia looked down for a moment and then moved her eyes back to Michael. Some male attention would definitely make her feel better, hopefully he would give her some. Sophia thought thing were going good so far.

"Of course, its nice to meet you too." He bowed his head slightly with a grin. Now that the girl had composed herself Michael found her even more attractive. The blush on her cheeks served to make her all the more adorable. I think I can make this work to my advantage. He thought slyly. She was already warming up to him, something he didnt expect this fast. "Everyone has rough nights." He said kindly, placing a hand on her shoulder, but slipping it up to her neck for a moment, before dropping it. "They always turn around eventually." He said with another lazy grin. Frankly, he didnt care what had happened to her, he had his own personal problems to deal with. But the girl was gorgeous and he could hardly pass up this opportunity, so he would show her every bit of compassion. Girls drooled over that kind of stuff.

Yes, some male attention was definitely making her feel better. There was an itching feeling of guilt at the back of her head, but the overwhelming feelings of attraction quickly masked it. Besides, why should she feel guilty? Sophia was not doing anything wrong, and neither was Michael. How could it be wrong when it felt so good? The touch of Michael's hand on her shoulder, then her bare neck, set loose butterflies in her stomach.

"Yes, they do..." Sophia began, sounding a little dreamy. As soon as she realized how pathetic she sounded the noirette changed her tune. "So, where were you headed?" That was a safe question, as he had to have been going somewhere before he ran into her. It would be nice to go somewhere besides the middle of the street, maybe get some food. Sophia was not hungry, but her head was feeling quite light.

Michael kept the lazy grin on his face from that moment on. It turned into a small smirk when she said that rough nights could be turned around, but he let it fall back to his grin almost instantly. His charm was working perfectly. She asked where he was headed and he shrugged. "Anywhere. Maybe the Three Broomsticks, but I think you might have had enough of that place for today." He winked, the image of her stumbling out flashing in his mind. "Would you like to take a seat somewhere and chat?" He enquired, looking just past her shoulder to a tree with a bench under it, before casting his eyes back to her beautiful face.

Michael sure was cute, and it made concentrating even more difficult than it already was for poor Sophia. She stared up at his face feeling as if she could get lost in his smile. It should be a crime to be so good looking, as it was surely putting the teen at a disadvantage. Although the Slytherin was normally a rather harsh girl, she had a weakness for cute boys. She was pathetic in their presence and they had the uncanny ability of making her icy exterior melt.

"Sitting would be good," Sophia said, relieved at the idea. Her head was woozy and it was taking a great deal of effort not to sway in place. She noticed Michael looking over her shoulder and turned her head slowly to see what he was looking at. Spotting the bench and tree Sophia turned back to Michael, gave him a smile, and turned her body toward the tree. She stumbled a little but caught herself quickly and started toward the tree, blood rising to her cheeks once more.

Sophia said that sitting would be good and Michael nodded. They intended to make their way to the tree, but Sophia stumbled and Michael reached out a hand to grab her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. She was steady as he kept his arm in place and they took a seat under the tree. He noticed the blush and looked away with a smile. Everything was going great. Taking a seat, he allowed her arm to drop. He looked at her gently. "Are you sure everything is okay?" He asked kindly. "I admit Im a little worried about you and what happened before." He said carefully, with a soft smile. Truth be told, it wasnt his place to know, nor did he really mind what had happened. All he knew is that there was an incredibly attractive girl in front of him and he was only trying to get into the good books.

Sophia was happily surprised when Michael put his arm around her shoulders and it actually made her walk a little steadier. She was smiling despite herself as they made their way to the tree. Once they got there the noirette sat down beside her newfound friend, amazed at her new situation. No matter, she was going to not think about Daniel and make the most of her time with Michael.

If only Michael could let it be that way. Sophia looked at him, frowning slightly when he asked is everything was all right. It was nice of him to want to make sure she was fine, but she really just did not want to think about all of that right now. "Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what happened. All I know is I wanted to escape and forget everything, and then there you were." The teen's colorless eyes stared widely at Michael. She had no idea what exactly she was trying to accomplish. Shat Sophia did know was that she was sitting very close to a cute boy who was sweet and kind and might just be interested in her.

Michael stared at her with a small smile. She wanted to escape everthing then Michael showed up. He leaned in closer when she stared up at him. "You dont need to worry about what happened." He said softly, almost a whisper, placing a hand gently on her cheek. He let it fall, not wanting to freak the still slightly drunk girl out. "Sometimes forgetting things works best for certain moments." He said simply, his blue eyes staring directly into hers, he smiled gently at Sophia.

The events that took place in the Hogs Head only a few days before ran back to Michael, but they only stayed for a moment. He need not focus on anything else, but the girl that was looking up at him adoringly. He briefly thanked his Mother for choosing an attractive man to cheat on her husband with.

Sophia breathed in with a slight gasp when Michael placed his hand on her cheek. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she stared at him, feeling his breath on her face. Still able to taste the remnants of Firewhiskey Sophia was sure he could smell it, but she had no time to care about that. Michael was already this close, what could she do? She had nothing with her that would fix it, so she simply had to live.

"Forgetting sounds good..." the noirette mumbled, her words slurring slightly. She was starting to feel a little dizzy, although staring at Michael helped. His smile was comforting, and for some reason she felt safe with him. Unconsciously Sophia leaned a little closer, desperate for more of the attention he was giving her.

Michael's smile was almost a smirk when she said forgetting sounded good and leaned closer. There was only one thing left for Michael to do. She had practically asked for it and as he reached for the back of her neck gently, he hoped she had not just got out of a relationship back in the Three Broomsticks. He pressed his lips to her forhead, a little reassurance, that always worked nicely in making girls think he wasnt out for one thing. He then kissed the tip of her nose softly, before closing his eyes and pressing his lips softly to hers. It was her call now.

Sophia was trying her best to stay cool and calm as Michael leaned closer. Her heart felt like it was going to beat right out of her chest as his lips brushed her forehead. The butterflies returned to her stomach as he kissed her nose, her breathing getting quicker. The anticipation was driving her batty, but in a very, very good way. She closed her eyes just before their lips met, kissing him back softly. She was pleasurably lightheaded, all thoughts lost. The incident at the Three Broomsticks was completely forgotten, there was only her and him and this kiss. Sophia's hand went to Michael's shoulder as she deepened the kiss slightly. This definitely felt good, and her spirits were soaring.

Michael smiled a tiny smile into the kiss when she responded and deepened it slightly. He moved his other hand to the back of her head, running his hands through her hair, before he pulled away. Better to have them wanting more, than to grant them too much. It was a valuable lesson he had learnt back when he was a school boy. He smiled at her, resting his forhead against hers, placing another soft kiss to her lips, before pulling away entirely. He gazed into her eyes, laying his hands in her lap. He kept the smile on his face, soft and reassuring. He had prefected that face and now he used it to make sure Sophia didnt think he was pulling away because of her, but as respect, or something like that.

Sophia was a bit worried when Michael pulled away. Had she done something wrong? Was he not interested anymore? Was she had a bad kisser? All these thoughts ran through her muddled brain as she blinked her eyes open, amazed at how close he was. That seemed like a good sign, and she was reassured when he gave her another kiss. The smile was quite comforting, and Sophia found herself smiling back. She wanted to continue kissing, but she was definitely content to just stare at Michael for a bit.

Michael looked at her with all his concerntration. She really was pretty. "I dont know if this is a good idea. I dont know what happened to you after all. I could be doing something terrible right now. I dont want to hold responsibility for that." He said gently, touching a hand to her cheek. Truth was his curiosity got the better of him and he knew he could find out if he pressed enough. "As much as I want to." He placed another lingering kiss to her lips to emphasize his point. He pulled away and looked in his lap, as though he couldnt stand to look at any form of pain in her eyes. But that wasnt the case, he wanted to know so he wasnt risking anything that might get himself in trouble.

Sophia's heart sank when Michael declared his uncertainty. The smile faded from her face and all of the insecurities came rushing back. Sure he said he did not want to do something terrible to her, but what if it was a lie? What if that was just his excuse to get away without telling her she was a terrible kisser? Trying hard not to linger on those thoughts Sophia looked at Michael, unsure of what to do. What if he was telling the truth?

"If I did not want you to kiss me, I would not have let you," she began tentatively. This was true, for the most part. When she had her wits about her Sophia was not one to let boys swindle her. But tonight the Slytherin was out of her element in more ways than one. Besides, even if Sophia wanted to explain what had happened tonight she would not know where to begin. How could she tell Michael that she was secretly dating her brother's best friend, and when her brother found out her boyfriend just left with him? Well, ex boyfriend now, she supposed. Even if she could find the words Sophia was sure Michael would think she was loopy or something.[/color\

Her reply was one Michael didnt expect, but surely appreciated. Okay, so he didnt need to know, as long as she wouldnt get in trouble with someone. Realising, he was thinking while she sat there, he leant down and kissed her again, so she wouldnt think something was wrong. He continued to think though as he reached up to cup her head in his hand again. He had been able to get out of situations before and if one came about after these incidents he could out of them right? He was sure he would be fine. At that he let the thoughts slip out of his head and concerntrated on Sophia again.

Sophia was surprised when Michael started kissing her again without a word. She was a bit confused, but happiness trumped all of that. Closing her eyes she kissed Michael back, her hand moving to his shoulder once more. She loved the feel of his hand on her cheek, but she did not deepen the kiss this time. Although she was glad to be snogging again Sophia was not as confident this time around. If Michael wanted to go further he would have to instigate it.

Michael kissed her back, not caring anymore. She was gorgeous and what normal guy could say no to a kiss from a beautiful girl. She didnt deepen it, so Michael took that step and after a little while he pulled back and glanced down at her. He gave her a lazy grin. "You really are quite beautiful." He noted, stroking her cheek gently. He stared at her, waiting to see what she would say about all this. It was always better to wait until the girl had her say, pushing someone too far never got anyone anywhere.

Sophia was putty in Michael's hands as they continued kissing. Her mind was complete mush and she was lost in the moment, utterly happy. She had no problem with him deepening the kiss, adjusting her style to match his intensity. It was nice, to feel so wanted, so desired. There was a smile on her face when Michael pulled away, her eyes wide as they stared up at him.

Blood rose to her cheeks once more as Michael stroked her face and told her she was beautiful. "Thank you," she said sheepishly, still smiling at him. Sophia had never really thought of herself as beautiful, but she was not about to argue. If he saw it it must be true, and the thought made her feel even better. She was on cloud nine until her thoughts started to wander.

The smile fell from the noirette's face as a thought entered her head. "I have to go...I have to get back to school." There was no doubt in her head that Michael did not go to Hogwarts New Zealand, and Sophia desperately hoped he would not be put off by the fact that she was still in school. She truly wanted to stay there and kiss Michael all night, but getting in trouble would do her no good.

Michael grinned at Sophia's blush. He furrowed his brow when she said she had to leave though. School, so this was the second school student Michael had got mixed up with in such a short time. He nodded and gave her another quick kiss. "School comes first. Owl me?" He asked, although he didnt really need her too. He wouldnt mind seeing Sophia again, but with her at school that could be a problem.

Lame ^ I ran out of things to say :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back