Studying

Austin Zhefarovich

Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Rigid Cherry Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Spring was soon coming to an end, as summer approaches. Austin could not wait for summer break. Ever since his father became the Muggle Studies professor and went and got married, Austin has been avoiding any sort of family relations. His brown hair now cut and spiked, his emerald green eyes softened much since last year. He was fourteen now, and lucky for him that his cousin Kaleb managed to get him something after all. What that something was, it was the reason why Austin brought himself to the library today. A Quidditch book rested in his hands and he made his way to a table, before gently setting his things down and taking a seat. If I can just manage to stay on a broomstick long enough, then maybe I can try out next year. His green eyes lowered onto the pages, as he began to read the basics of Quidditch and flying. Flying seemed easy for a normal person, but sadly enough, his arm from where his sister shoved him down a flight of concrete stairs almost prohibits him from even moving it as smoothly, and has more of a robotic movement than anything else. Perhaps determination and practice, as well as studying this book, will assist the Ravenclaw with his dream of playing that awesome sport.

After tossing and turning in bed since 4 o' clock, Arianna finally got up. She sighed, rubbing the accumulated sleep out of her eyes. Swinging her long legs of the side of the bed, she looked around at her sleeping friends. She got up and got dressed. Not bothering to lace up her converse, she left the dormitory.
She walked aimlessly through the deserted corriders, not knowing exactly where she was going. Returning to the Fourth floor, she was just about to re-enter Hufflehouse when she changed her mind. Ari really didn't feel like going back in there. She hadn't been out much, and was sick of staring at the same Dormitory wallpaper.

Ari headed throught the next door along the corrider; the Library. It was almost empty, she noticed as she walked slowly around the book shelves. Nothing seemed too interesting, so she grabbed a random book off the shelf. She sat down across from a boy she hadn't met before, and opened her book. Groaning inwardly, she shut it. Trust me to pick out 'The many functions of Bubotuber pus' she thought irritably, sliding the book away from her.

It was rather redundant that a Ravenclaw would be as absorbed in this book as this particular one was. After all, during the past...almost year now since he had last heard of Rosalie, he had kept to himself, and became a quiet, withdrawn and shy boy who happened to have a rather nasty temper when someone pressed his buttons. Austin was thankful it was so quiet in the library; the peace brought him much relaxation. Austin barely noticed a girl taking a seat in front of him and opening a book as well. His green eyes stopped reading the chapter of the history, when he felt the presence.

Austin glanced up and managed to control the red tints added to his cheeks to a bare minimum. Curse this 'growing up' phase. Every girl looks cute to me! Austin thought harshly about himself in his mind. Austin stared at her for a moment, before he cast his green eyes to the book that she pushed away. Austin tried to sound calm and casual, but his voice wavered with obvious shyness, "Either you really hate Herbology, that book in general or you have already read it..." Austin used his other hand that wasn't holding the book from losing his page to fiddle with his Ravenclaw tie. Never had he seen this girl, but this shyness phase he had dived into has happened even if he did not speak to any sort of the female species of the school. Just their presence made him withdraw into a shell. Rather sad really.

Arianna looked up at the boy slowly. He looked to be her age, but she hadn't seen him in any classes.
"A combination of disliking Herbology and... Um, well who particularly likes Bubotuber pus?" she said with a wry smile. She studied his expression. He seemed quite quiet. That was fine by Ari, she wasn't really in an outgoing state of mind herself. She looked pointedly at his book
"You like Quidditch?" she asked him, sounding unintentionally blunt. She had been doing that alot lately. She would just be talking to somebody, and a normal sentence would come out sounding rude and short. It was starting to get on her nerves.
"You look like you'd be good" she said, in a softer tone.
"Not that I'd know, or anything. I'm terrible myself" she said quickly.

Laughing softly, he replied, "I don't. Not from the things I have read from the pus." Austin wrinkled his nose a bit in disgust. Herbology was not in his best range of subjects, despite the fact that his uncle was the one teaching the subject. Austin noticed how blunt she was, but he took no mind to it. After living with Aleyha all his life, he barely noticed if someone was being rude or not. "Oh yes, I adore it," Austin responded with a subtle smile on his gentle features. "I might look like it, but I can't even hold balance on a broom. Not yet anyway..." Austin was extremely determined to become better at Quidditch, first better at flying a broom. "I'm sure you are better than me. I only know what is in the books. I have done nothing but really study the pages."

Sorry, been away for a few days :doh:

Arianna smiled genuinely, this boy seemed nice. She wondering what year he was. Studying his face, she thought he looked about Third year, possibly Second. She laughed when he said she was probably better than him
"I doubt it." she replied
"I haven't read a single book about it, just had a couple of... tries with friends" she said, searching for the right word. She didn't like using the word 'lesson'. Ari didn't like being taught or 'handled' very much, especially by friends.
"And I played a game last year. But failed miserably" she said, grinning.

"Ari" she introduced herself, smiling across the table at him.

Gah, I need to pay more attention! >.<

Austin chuckled, "I can't even fly on a broom without falling." Austin had a subtle and shy smile upon his face, and this thoughts lingered to how grand it would be to actually to learn to fly, and then play Quidditch. Using his slightly damaged arm to move the book aside. It was slightly noticeable that it couldn't move as smoothly as a normal person's. Austin tried not to let it get to him, but it did anyhow. "I have yet to play a game, period. What position did you play?" Austin was interested in Beater, Keeper, well, anything actually. Just wanting to see what would be the best for him. His emerald eyes grinned wider than his smile as he introduced himself, "Austin. Nice to meet you, Ari." Though he came from a French and Bulgarian family, it was odd that he had such an ordinary name. But Austin liked his name, but it was his middle that he hated with a passion.

Arianna shrugged
"I think that's how most start out" she said, smiling, and looking down at the table. She picked absentmindedly at a piece of pare, shredding it with her fingers. She didn't miss how stiff his arm looked however, and she frowned slightly, but didn't say anything. She supposed he had broken it or something, none of her buisness, she knew.
"We should go for a fly sometime" she said, looking back up at him.
"Chaser" Ari replied. She couldn't help but roll her eyes
"I sucked. I was all over the place, and got penalised heaps" she said, grinning. She knew she should have read the rules more carefully.... Typical she thought, rolling her eyes again. She smiled when he introduced himself
"What year are you?" she asked him.

"I wouldn't mind that. I think I will be bring a first-aid kit just in case I end up falling or something," laughed the Ravenclaw gently. Safety first, that is one of the number one things that went through his mind. Austin would have to pack extra items, in case she had an accident as well. Then again, he doubted that she would be as bad as she made it sound like. The small story made a smile appear on his face once more, though this one seemed more natural than the others. "I would have tried out Keeper first. Well, all positions are hard in their own way, but catching a quaffle seems easier than taking it from others... Sucks about being penalized a lot though." Austin gave a light hearted shrug. "Oh, I'm in my third year. How about you?"

Arianna laughed, shaking her head
"You can't be that bad?" she said, smiling good naturedly. She doubted he was that bad, unless he tried anything dangerous, or was terrified of heights. If it were the latter, she doubted he would be so enthusiastic about flying in the first place.
"Keeper'd be cool. Though they do get hit pretty hard sometimes" she said, thinking back to the Quidditch match she had played, watching Violet get pounded with Quaffle after Quaffle. She wrinkled her nose.

"Me too" she said, smiling at him
"I haven't seen you around before though, so you can't be in Hufflepuff too" she said. She didn't recognise him at all, not even from classes or anything.

Omfg, I cannot believe I spaced out on this! *needs to really keep a list of RPs*

Austin pointed out, "You would be surprised." He had a smile on his face, and it had been a long time since he had this sort of emotion running through him. It felt nice to smile more, now. "Everyone is at risk, it seems like, with the bludgers and all. But then again, some of those Chasers really have a good throw in them." Austin didn't know any of the names of the chasers on his team other than Lily, and from what he saw, she was a tough Chaser. "Oh, I'm in Ravenclaw. I usually stay cooped up in my dorm all day, so I guess I haven't been around much at all." But all that will soon change. He would be getting out more, and he would be having more fun other than reading all day. "I doubt you stayed in the Hufflepuff house all day, do you?" His soft, gentle emerald eyes locked on Ari, as she was quite interesting to the young Ravenclaw.

It's all good :lol:

Arianna shrugged "Beater would be good, because at least then you have a bat" she said thoughtfully, thinking back to game. Two of her greatest friends, Sam and Viv, had been the beaters for Hufflepuff. Ari couldn't really remember even seeing them, she had been so involved in the game.

"Ravenclaw" Arianna said, with a competitive grin "We'll have to see who wins this year" she said, leaning back in her chair, giving him the same smile. "We must have just missed each other" Ari replied, smiling at him. "Me? I don't really get up to much... I'm pretty boring really" she said. She smiled again, but this time it didn't quite meet her eyes. Boring was one way to describe her Third year. Dull and pointless were the othwers she might have chosen. Sighing, she looked at him, only to meet his gaze. This time when she smiled, it was genuine. She had liked Austin right away.

Austin nodded. With a bat, you could just easily knock those bludgers out of the way, and not worry about anything. “The bats are really useful if you don’t want to get bloodied up too bad with those bludgers.” That would be just horrible if you got hit by one. Austin heard that it was just utterly painful. He hoped that he would never have to feel the pain. He would not wish such pain upon anyone, not even his worst enemy. Austin chuckled, “I guess we will. But it would be much more entertaining if both of us were participating. Unless you are talking about the house points.” Austin gave a light-hearted shrug. He was never really challenged by that. He was more interesting in learning over everything else. He gave her a nod for the missing each other part. He couldn’t really comment on that. Austin shook his head, “Oh, of course not. You aren’t boring me. I am about the same way actually. Complete hermit.” Austin rolled his eyes and he chuckled softly. He really needed to get out more. When she looked at him, Austin had to admit, that smile of hers, he liked it.

Arianna nodded "Yeah. I suppose it only works if you can hit the bludger though" she said with a wry smile. She knew that she wouldn't be confident enough to sit on a broom, and try and whack a speeding ball that was intent on hitting her. She didn't trust her hand-eye coordination that much. "Just at Quidditch" she replied. Ari didn't really care for House points. They didn't really make much of a difference. Quidditch however was a sport. And being basically the only sport played at Hogwarts New Zealand it made Ari want to win, even if she wasn't on the team.
"Well good luck to you, but I'm definetly not playing again" she told him, shaking her head. She really had been terrible, even as a substitute.

Arianna laughed, for the first time in... She wasn't sure. A long time. "A hermit. That about sums it up" she said, grinning."If only we had shells, we'd have the most convincing costumes at Halloween" she said dryly. All of her Halloween costumes so far had been pretty weak, or non-existent. She really needed a good one next Halloween. She doubted anybody except for Austin would appreciate a hermit crab costume however.

Austin never thought about actually having to hit the blasted thing. "Oh, yeah, I bet that does take some skill to just hit it. If you missed, and fell..." Austin frowned and closed his eyes at the thought. That would be very painful to endure. Maybe more so than the actual impact of a bludger. "Oh okay. I've never been a real big House Points person. But I can see that. I think that it takes practice, so I'm sure if you had the right drive, and the right support, you could be better than anyone else in this school. Better than me that is for sure." Austin laughed about the costumes. Dressing up as hermits, as a private, inside joke. That would be entertaining. His first year, he came as Pinhead. But that was not a big deal or anything. "I'd paint my shell blue... But yeah, we should totally do that."

Arianna cocked her head to the side slightly. Austin seemed to be afraid of flying, even though he seemed so keen on trying. Arianna shrugged "Me neither" she said in reply to his comment about never being a really big House Points person. Arianna laughed "I don't think I have any of that... " she said, when he mentioned drive, and wanting to practice "I honestly could not be bothered" she said with a sigh. How hermit of me... she thought dryly.

"We definetly should! I'll paint mine red" she said, smiling. It would be hilarious, especially as nobody else would have any idea why they dressed as crabs.

It was odd how many things they had in common. Austin was a little…glad that he met this Ari girl. At least she did not pester him or annoy him. Austin wondered if Quidditch was just not in the blood of everyone. “Okay, how about this, instead of going out to play quidditch, why don’t we just…fly around? I mean, there isn’t any competition against that, but it would still be fun, wouldn’t it?” Sure as long as neither fell off the broomsticks and died a horrid death. But what were the odds of that? “Not right now, of course, but sometime in the future.” Austin laughed at the humorous scene it would cause. A red and blue crabs in the Halloween Feast. It would be bloody fantastic. “Um, I think I am going down to the Great Hall for some pumpkin juice. Would you like to join me?” Austin cast a smile down at the Hufflepuff girl.

"Okay" Arianna said with a shrug. Flying sounded good right now. She hadn't been outside in a while "Sounds good" she said, smiling across at him. Why do I always seem to only go flying with guys? she thought exasperatedly to herself. Her count would be three now, if she went with Austin. She smiled to herself as she remembered flying over to the castle, and entering the Hufflepuff boy's dormitories through a window with Sam. That had been fun. Ari determinedly pushed the other trip to the Quidditch pitch out of her mind. She didn't want the thoughts ruining her peaceful mood.

"Well, I'm going to hold you to that" she said, grinning at him "Next Halloween. You, me, and hermit shells" she said.
"Yeah, sure" she said, standing up and stretching a little.

Do you want me to actually start a topic, or just leave it? I don't mind :)

Austin had not been out flying with well, anyone but his sister. And that always ended badly. Austin usually ended with bruises and cuts. “I’ll hold you to that when we can actually meet up between classes. I think my sister has my broom right now.” Austin had no idea when he would ever get his broom back, if she would even be done with it right now to begin with. So, Austin had no idea. Austin laughed, “I promise that I will remember that. Dressing up as crabs for Halloween.” How odd that would just look! Austin was in on it though. Austin stood up and he stretched a bit too. He went and put the book up, and he grinned at Ari, “All right then. Hufflepuff table it is.”

It doesn't matter to me. Even though many HNZ months have passed since this. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back