Studying for the upcoming OWLS {Closed}

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian had been spending a great deal of time studying for the OWLS, it was only going to be a few months away and Brian would need to be on top of his game if he was going to do well. Brian didn't need Professor Ana to remind him that the OWLS were the most important tests when deciding what one was going to do in the future. Unfortunately for Brian however he wasn't sure about what he would do when he graduated from Hogwarts, when he was younger he had thought about traveling the world as an adventurer like his grandfather but now he believed those thoughts to be absurd and not practical for his magical future. Brian had also been avoiding Zazuka though he wasn't really sure why, he still liked her but couldn't help but feel as though something was different in there relationship.

Clad in her school uniform Andy entered the library, she now had a dorm all to herself after having a rip roaring row with Kat and Kiera. She was much happier about it, the two were stifling her with all their crazy ass moping anyways. Knowing full well that she could easily have studied alone in her dorm she prefered the library. Extra books were always useful. As she looked about she saw a familiar face and realized that herself and Brian hadn't had any real chat time together this year. As it was she had barely spared Zuka any, preferring to be on her own most of the time now. Walking over she spotted the empty seat beside him and swung her satchel down on the table before sitting down.

Smiling at him, she wondered why she could be different around him compared to all the other boys? She didn't feel the need to flirt or be anything other than herself, though who she was at the moment was anyones guess. Andy knew she was taking this whole 'evil Andromeda' situation that had happened during the summer too seriously but what other choice did she have. If she was truly becoming evil, wasn't it best to push those you cared about away so that you couldn't hurt them in the end. So why didn't she want to push Zuka and Brian away? She would analyze this herself later but for now she had a mountain of studying to catch up on .

"Please tell me you're in need of a study partner because I sure as hell am"

Brian smiled brightly as he looked up at Andromeda, they hadn't had a good chat in a long time and Brian really wanted to turn towards her with his problems. Brian remembered the forest and the events that had brought their friendship together again and yet they hadn't really spoken much since then. Brian wondered if perhaps their friendship had been more damaged then he thought as he moved the chair next to him so that she would be able to sit down "The more the merrier" Brian said as he looked at the books she was holding. "The Owls are going to be here before we know it, what are you studying?" Brian asked honestly curious as to what Andromeda needed to brush up on. Brian decided that for now he would keep what he wanted to say under lock and key and just enjoy the time he had with Andromeda.

"I swear if one more professor reminds me how close the OWLs are and how important they are I will probably scream. I mean come on, they've been telling us that since the first day. It's not like we're all in need of a remembrall" she grinned at him turning to look at the books she had herself.
"Ummm, well runes usually sends me off in one. I just don't get that subject at all and then I've herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. How about you? what serious studying have I interupted then?" this was nice sitting here chatting with him as if the last year had never happened. She seriously hoped that they never had to bring it up, there was nothing worse than rehashing stuff like that and opening old wounds.

"Just going over a few Ancient Runes" Brian said matter of factly. "I like the subject but it can be a bit tough, glad I'm not taking Arithmacy though" Brian said with a bit of a laugh as he looked at Andromeda, something about her was different though Brian couldn't tell. They hadn't exactly spent the last year hanging out, even after they had returned to friendship status they still didn't seem as close as they once had been. Brian didn't know what it was that was so different about her, though a part of him liked it. She even smelled different, like a type of perfume that Brian couldn't really remember ever smelling but knowing that he had. Ignoring his Ancient Runes Brian looked at her and smiled "So you never got to tell me how your summer went" Brian said honestly wondering if Andromeda had a good summer, it had to have been better then his.

Andy smiled that he was attempting to study Ancient Runes as well.
"Maybe we should get Zuka to help us out with that one, I mean the reading the other day she did on me was just so whack" Andy pushed her books away, knowing deep down that it hadn't been that whacked out at all but the part relating to her future just seemed so corny to her, especially in light of how she was so volatile of late.
Stretching her arms across the table she lay her head down, turning it to face him.
"Brian you so don't want to know about my vacation. I worked at Honeydukes, did my work experience at Mungo's highly overrated I tell you, hung out at The Gables and ... tried to sort out the Silver Snake. Oh I went to Estrella and Jaken's wedding as well. See all uninventful. What did you do?" she smiled at him hoping that his was alot better than hers, most evenings she had literally fallen into bed exhausted from the amount of work she had been doing.

Brian laughed "It doesn't seem that uneventful" Brian said as he looked at her "I spent my summer at some law thing my parents insisted I go to, worked for a bit and bought a new broom" Brian said knowing that he would want to go fly it soon. He was actually surprised he hadn't tested it out already but with the OWLS looming in the shadows he wasn't that surprised. Brian had avoided the Zazuka part knowing that he was being a coward about the whole situation. "Um... what do you think" Brian said realizing that he was probably being stupid about talking about this with Andromeda but knowing that he needed someone to talk to... "About me and Zazuka's relationship?" Brian asked a as he looked at her with full seriousness in his eyes, it hadn't been too long ago that Andromeda had liked Brian who had in returned crushed her by liking Zazuka instead.

"Like a law school? wow" she tried to get her head around it but couldn't somehow, "So ... is that what you hope to do after graduation? Go back to the muggle world?"

It upset her to think of the wizarding world losing out on him and wished his parents would simply butt out and let him make his own choices. Even when he became of age in the wizarding world, because they were muggles they wouldn't see it that way.
"I guess wizards need lawyers too right?" she frowned, more so especially when he asked her about himself and Zuka. She shrugged at first then sat up to face him, a puzzled look on her face.
"I haven't really spoken to either of you properly in a while but I guess I presumed everything was fine... is fine. It is isn't it?"

"I don't really think I'll be going back to the muggle world" Brian said thinking about it. "It's my parents dream that I become a lawyer like them but I'm pretty sure that I don't want it, that whole school was annoying" Brian said remembering how he had to fake being a muggle the entire time. "I don't know what I'm going to do though" Brian said as he looked down. "Me and Zazuka have been.. fine" Brian said thinking about it "I don't know, it just seems like our relationship's kinda fizzling out though" Brian said as he looked at Andromeda "I mean, we're different but other then those opposites we really have no..." Brian said but he couldn't quite put the words into his mouth, Brian and Andromeda had always argued which despite being rather annoying Brian had to admit he did somewhat enjoy that about their friendship. Brian and Zazuka were just too perfect and it just seemed boring, Brian didn't like thinking that but couldn't help but feel it.

Andy smiled glad he wasn't going anywhere, it would break Zuka's heart if he returned there. Not bothering to analyse her own feelings on it, Andy simply compartmentalised them until later. Something she was doing more and more but she never seemed to actually get around to figuring those feelings out, ever. They just stayed sitting in a box hidden away deep inside her, decaying, gathering dust getting forgotten.

"Does Zuka thinks you're... fizzling out?" she knew better than anyone that relationships ended but she had always simply presumed that Brian and Zuka, Kat and Sumner, Kiera and Alex, Estrella and Jaken, herself and Bruin were all a done deal. How wrong had she been? She bit her lip now, slightly anxious for her two friends.

"We don't talk much these days" Brian said a bit nervously knowing that it sounded pretty stupid "I mean, I still like her but it just seems like forever since we've had a conversation that was... I don't know, meaningful" Brian said feeling a bit stupid but overall enjoying the fact that he could talk with Andromeda about all of this. If anyone knew a thing about relationships he was sure Andromeda would, she'd been dating since first year and tended to have a lot of boyfriends that gave her more experience then either Brian or Zazuka. If things had turned out differently two years ago, Brian may have been one of those boys. It was an odd thought that Brian would think of such things now.

Andy smiled and soon the smile turned into gentle laughter.
"Oh Brian, not every conversation has to be deep and meaningful. Sometimes the best things are said without words" her amber eyes were bright as she looked at him, she couldn't remember the last time herself and Brian had talked like this. If ever, perhaps they had both matured and grown up enough that having this type of conversation now didn't seem quite so strange.
"So what's actually fizzling out?" she sighed closing her eyes briefly, then opening shrugged apologetically, "sorry Brian you don't have to talk about any of this to me. I don't mean to sound interfering, apparantly arithmancy has taught me that I tend to interfere alot!"

"No it's alright really" Brian said with a smile, "I guess everything is sort've just fizzling out" Brian said thinking about his relationship with Zazuka. "We use to talk all the time and have fun but now it just seems like all we do is snog when we're together and we aren't even doing that anymore" Brian said with a slight frown. "It just doesn't seem like we have alot that we can do together... I don't know" Brian said wondering if perhaps Andrew and Zazuka had this happen when they were together. Then again it was more then likely that he was the problem, Zazuka had been his first girlfriend so perhaps he was the problem in there relationship, making something out of nothing. Brian didn't like that idea but couldn't help but think that it might be a cause in why they were having trouble that Zazuka probably didn't even know about.

Andy rested her head on her hand as he spoke, she smiled again resisting the urge to chuckle loudly.
"Brian, snogging is good. Snogging in a relationship when you're a fifteen year old boy is really good" she knew just about every other boy in the school would think so as well, "You've got all the time in the world for the serious stuff. Have fun now while you can. Enjoy each other, trust me I know. The serious stuff is totally over-rated" she moved her hand again and sat up looking at the pile of books in front of them.

"We're not going to get much studying done are we?"

Brian smiled "yeah your probably right" Brian said as he turned back towards his books "We probably should try to study a bit more, so the library isn't a complete waste" Brian said as he picked up his quill only to drop it onto the ground. Brian felt a bit stupid as he bent down to pick it up, as he lifted his head up he found himself face to face with Andromeda. Looking into her eyes and breathing in her scent Brian couldn't help but feel an attraction towards her and a longing in his lips to feel her's. Brian knew that the pause was longer then normal however he also knew that he had to break away as he quickly turned back towards his books. Brian felt his cheeks fluster a bit as he quickly gathered his things. Gulping down a lump in his throat Brian stood up "On second thought, I think I have an essay I need to work on back in the common room" Brian said as he grabbed his things and prepared to leave. Before he did however he looked back at Andromeda "um... perhaps we could practice on the pitch tomorrow, I got a new broom I need to try out" Brian said looking at her but not daring to look into her eyes again.

Andy watched him as he spoke and wondered briefly if Zuka was of the same mindset as he was. Were they destined to break up like everyone else around here? Andy hoped not but it happened, break-ups were all apart of their learning curve but the thought of Zuka and Brian not together upset her more than she had bargained for. She had after all given up on her own feelings for him to ensure they could be with one another. Quickly she put those thoughts aside as he bent down to retrieve his quill, leaning over slightly to see if he had gotten it Andy was a bit taken aback by his gaze when he sat up once more. It lingered longer than she thought necessary. Crap, I've something on my face. A hand instantly went up to check but by then Brian looking somewhat flustered had turned away, begun gathering his things with the view to doing an essay back in his house.

Had she said something wrong? Andy opened and closed her mouth resembling a fish for a moment, perplexed she could only nod her head at his offer to go flying the following day. Maybe she should ask Zuka to join them, the three hadn't done anything together in ages. Eventually finding her voice she smiled.
"Yeah, sure I'd like that. Maybe Zuka could come along as well?"

"Yeah... Zazuka" Brian said not even thinking about her as he felt a bit guilty over his thoughts. "I'll ask her when I get back to the dorm" Brian said with a smile as he turned away and headed back to his common room feeling a bit jumpy as he did so, he hadn't felt this way about Andromeda last year. Brian was sure of that and he still liked Zazuka and would never want to hurt her yet something between Brian and Andromeda had definitely connected and for some reason that Brian couldn't guess, he enjoyed it. Brian decided that perhaps he would keep himself busy so that he could concentrate on other things for a bit and when he had enough courage go and talk with Zazuka.

"Ok" she smiled not knowing what else to say, he had just gone all funny on her or had that been her imagination? Andy exhaled loudly which received tuts of exasperation from the librarian. She quickly put her head down as she pulled her books back towards her, glancing up briefly with a slight perplexed look on her face as she watched him leave. Zuka and Brian would be fine, they'd work things out and if it took them flying together tomorrow to rekindle whatever flame was now fizzling, then flying it would be. She was itching to see this new broom anyhow.

Turning her thoughts and gaze back to her pile of books she groaned louder than necessary only to receive further tutts of remonstration from the librarian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back