Maria
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Hornbeam Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
[Open to all! Fifth years are preferred but not required!]

The semester was almost coming to an end. This meant that exams were coming up and they were fast approaching. Valencia had been focusing on her studies the past semester, as she wanted to do well in her exams. She was either in the library, common room or student lounge with a textbook in hand, studying non-stop for the upcoming exams. Today was no different. The Ravenclaw had decided to come to the library as early as possible, so she could get a head start on today's studies. She also wanted to get a good area to study. When Valencia entered the library, the girl noticed that there weren't many people around, which the girl had found nice. There were a lot of spared tables and chairs around. The Ravenclaw took a seat at a long table at one of the corners of the library, near a window. Once she sat down, she got cracking into studying History of Magic first, unaware if her items were taking most of the space on the table.

Indi could practically feel the weight of exams on her shoulders and it was only partly due to the books she was carrying around with her. She had done an ok job keeping up with all of her classes so far but it was remembering all the lessons that had come before that was going to be the bigger problem. Indi had always been a regular in the library but she was starting to feel like she spent more time there than her own dorm room. It at least was fairly empty today and she was about to find a table to sit by herself when she noticed another girl in her year. She didn't know Valencia well but she seemed like she could be a good study partner. Indi quickly changed directions and headed toward her. "Mind if I join you?" she asked, and gestured to one of the many empty chairs.

OWLs were fast approaching, and Weston was freaking out. He had a hard enough time studying for regular exams, and those only covered a semester's worth of material. How was he supposed to cram ten semesters' worth of material? Was the human brain even capable of remembering that much information? Making matters worse was the fact that failing an OWL wasn't like failing a regular exam. You didn't just get a bad grade; you could get barred from ever taking that class again. What if he failed all his OWLs and couldn't take any classes next year?

Weston needed all the help he could get, which was why he had taken to doing all his revision either in the Ravenclaw common room or the library — places where smart people studied. He was kind of hoping he'd be able to absorb their smartness through osmosis. (Incidentally, this was also why he had taken to sleeping with his textbooks under his pillow). Today, Weston had chosen the library, and it didn't take long for him to spot two of his friends. Two of his smart friends. "Indi! Valencia!" he called, oblivious to the annoyed looks some of the other librarygoers shot him. He hurried over and set down his books before taking a seat. "Are you guys studying for Potions? Please tell me you're studying for Potions. I think I spilled belladonna essence or something on my textbook, and I can't read half the second-year recipes" he said, opening up one of the books to display the damage.

Last edited:
Valencia had begun to open her History of Magic textbook and notes when she noticed that someone had come up to the table she was at. She looked up and smiled a little at Indira. She didn't really know the girl well but didn't mind a few people joining her in a small study session. "Nah, I don't mind. Have a seat" Valencia says with a small smile, as she gestured to the seat that Indira was gesturing at. She was about to look back at her textbook when she heard a familiar voice come up to the table. Valencia smiled a little, as she was glad more people were joining in. She frowned a little. "Oh... no, I'm sorry im not taking potions this year. I wish I could help though" Valencia says with a shrug. She tried not to take subjects that were close to magic related.

Indi took a seat and looked up annoyed when she heard someone shouting and realized that it had been her name. She sighed when she saw Weston waving them down. She was surprised it had taken him this long to ask her for help. She gave her friend an unamused look when she spotted the damage to his textbook. How did he even manage that? “I wasn’t planning to go over potions today but I can let you look at my notes.” she offered, and moved some of her things out of the way so he could sit by her. But she glanced at Valencia and eyed the textbook in front of her curiously. “So what classes are you taking this year?” she asked the other girl. Indi considered potions to be one of the more fundamental subjects so the fact that Valencia wasn’t taking it intrigued her. She pulled out her own Herbology book and opened it to the page she had left off and handed Weston her potions notes.

Weston blanched when his friends said they weren't revising Potions. He was so screwed. He was going to fail his OWL and then he would never get to take the NEWT and then— Oh. He blinked at Indi before heaving a sigh of relief. "Thanks, Indi. You're the best," he said, giving her a grateful smile before collapsing into the chair next to her. He took out some parchment and a quill and began copying down potions recipes from her notes. As he worked, he listened to Indi's question and decided to chime in. "Yeah, I don't think I've seen you in any of my classes this year," he said to Valencia. Weston knew he didn't take that many classes in the first place, but he did take most of the core subjects, so it was a little strange that he never saw Valencia in class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back