Study-date

Blake Zepline

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Blake opened the door of the Library carefully and stepped in with his school bag slung over his shoulder. He looked around and saw it was deserted; he was early. He took the nearest seat and began pulling out a clump of notes from his bag, along with his quill and ink.
As he sat there, he silently went over his notes for Potions, memorising names of ingredients and their magical properties. Potions was his favorite subject, and he was determined to pass at the top of his class.

Lily made her way into the library, looking for Blake. She was supposed to meet him to study for the finals that were coming up quickly. She looked around and then saw Blake's dark hair bent over a pile of parchment. She snuck up behind him and whispered in his ear. "Hey there cutie." She then dropped into the chair next to him, a devilish smile on her face. She set her bag on the floor and took out her notes.

"Hey yourself," he said, repeating Lily's usual greeting. "So how're your classes going?"

"Classes are not too horrible. I am much more confident with them this year. I am kinda worried about transfiguration's practical exam and the DADA written. Professor King can be kinda harsh sometimes." Lily replied. "How are yours going?"

"Mine are good. Well then I'm glad I didn't have Professor King first semester. Although 2nd semester will be a different story. Darn," Blake replied. "What classes did you have this semester?"

"I had DADA, Potions, and Transfiguration. I get Charms, History of Magic and Herbology next term. OH, and Astronomy." Lily replied. "Which classes did you have?"

"Potions, Charms, Transfiguration and Flying. But I'm not sure what I have next semester," Blake said matter-of-factly. "Oh, I've been meaning to ask what the 'Annual Wheelbarrow Races' thing is?" Blake asked Lily.

"Well, you probably have History of Magic, DADA, Astronomy, and Herbology next term." Lily said with a smile. "We can study most of those together since I have all but DADA." She tried to remember all about the wheelbarrow races from last year. "I think the races are where a team pushes a wheelbarrow with one person in it and the other doing the pushing. I didn't get to go last year because of quidditch practice."

"And it is fun, to race in these wheelbarrows?" Blake asked with a perplexed expression. It was one thing to be pushing what seemed to be some sort of cart, but to race in them, now that sounded ridiculous. Blake chuckled at the thought.
"Alright, thanks Lily for offering to help me out," he added after his chuckling died down.

"I guess it is fun. I never have done it so I really wouldn't know. Might be." Lily said, laughing along with Blake. When they calmed down, she responded, "Not a problem. I am glad to study with you." Lily smiled shyly at Blake, looking at him through her eyelashes.

"Hey Lily, I was just wondering if you had any plans for the Yule Ball? Like... if you were going with anyone.. or you know. 'Cause if you are, then that's cool..." Blake rambled on, his stomach lurched at the thought of Lily going to the Ball with someone else.

Lily looked at Blake and smiled. She had been hoping that he would ask her to the ball, but hadn't wanted to presume that they would be going together. "No, I don't have any plans for the ball right now."

"Great!" Blake said enthusiastically. "Would you like to go with me then?"

Lily smiled brightly and a tint of pink colored her cheeks. "Of course I will go with you," she said.

Blake smiled at Lily's pink colored cheeks, she was always adorable in different ways. "It's a date then," he added, savouring the relief that flushed over him.

"Yes it is." Lily smiled at Blake. She had butterflies in her stomach, she was excited and nervous for the ball all at once now. She leaned over to look at Blake's notes, leaning up against his arm, her chin on his shoulder. It was as much to see his notes as to be close to him. "So, what are you studying over here?" she asked with a giggle.

Blake shifted closer to Lily as she leaned up against his arm. "Potions stuff. I really want to do good," Blake replied. "I've memorised the ingredients Professor Keller said would come in the exam, including their magical properties as most of them have non-magical properties as well. I guess I'm really just recapping everything... I'm nervous to be honest. Not sure what to expect with exams. Gah, I hate feeling this... anxious. You know? Just to get the whole thing over with..." Blake paused a moment to look up from his papers and over to Lily, giving her a weak smile. "How about you?"

Lily smiled back at Blake, hoping to help him relax about the exam a bit. "I don't remember the Potions exam being to harsh last year. If I remember right, as long as you know the ingredients, you will be okay. And your potion that you created." Lily looked down at the notes she had in front of her. "I kinda am feeling a little pressure since I have a perfect semester going and I really want to get perfects on all my exams."

"I'm sure you'll do great Lily," Blake said with a smile. "What are you studying?"

"I'm looking over my DADA stuff. I need to remember all about these jinxes and curses. I just hope that I can make it through the practical without messing up." Lily replied, taking in a nervous sigh.

"Hmm... maybe we can practice together on the practical stuff in the Dueling chamber, later today or something? Or we can go now if you'd like. I only needed to go over my Potions notes and I'm pretty sure I've covered that enough," Blake said to Lily, as he stacked up his notes.

"I think that would be fun, although I would feel bad if I hit you with anything nasty." Lily said with a wink. She started to gather her parchments together. "Let's head on down and work on the jinxes."

"Alright," Blake replied, stuffing his notes hastily into his bag and swinging it over his shoulder. He got up and waited patiently for Lily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back