Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
-invasion of space approved-

Jordie had thought studying would be easier. Really. He had even convinced Eoin to study with him. The tables had been taken, so they had picked a couch by the door and sat on separate ends. But honestly, after so long, the words just started to swim on the page. There was only so much Jordie could take. He wanted to be head boy. He did. He wanted to get great grades and make his family proud. But that wasn't going to happen tonight. He sighed, shutting his book and rubbing his hands over his eyes. "Eoinnnnn," he whined, stretching out a moment before plopping his head in Eoin's lap without warning. "Studying is hard," he complained, pouting a bit but otherwise relaxing against the other boy.

Eoin didn't usually study with anyone else, he much preferred the peace and quiet of it all. With no one else around there was not much chance he would be bothered with questions or distracted by someone else's study methods. But when Jordie had asked to study with him, Eoin was already nose deep in his book to really bother telling him to go away. And it had been alright, they had been sat there quietly studying for some time now and Eoin was showing no signs of stopping just yet. But he was rudely thrown out of his studying when Jordie suddenly complained and the next thing Eoin was aware of, the Hufflepuff boy had his head in his lap. For a moment, the Ravenclaw just froze, staring at the other boy for just a moment and you could almost see the error message flashing in his eyes. But then he came back to his senses, "What are you doing?"

Jordie's pout grew more pronounced, not realizing he was invading Eoin's personal bubble. He settled in the other boys lap, biting back a yawn. "I'm complaining," he replied easily. "Studying is hard, I don't know how you're supposed to just... just read and understand everything," he pouted, shutting his eyes and sighing, drawing a little bit of comfort from being close to the other boy. Jordie was a very physically affectionate boy, and being away from Onyx was really taking its toll on Jordie.

"No... I mean why are you laying in my lap?" He was surprised he had to elaborate on that and Jordie didn't just understand what he was asking. And he also didn't understand why he thought studying was so hard. For someone like Eoin, it actually came quite easily to him and he actually rather enjoyed studying and learning information. "And studying is not that hard," he felt as though he did have to add

Jordie opened his eyes, a bit confused by Eoin's question. "Because you're comfortable?" He stated as if it was obvious, "I lay on all my friends," he replied easily, brushing his chocolate curls out of his eyes so he could see Eoin better. "Okay, studying isn't hard for you, but I have a hard time understanding the material. It's why I wanted to study with you; you're smart, everything seems to just come easier for you. I was hoping maybe if I studied with you I wouldn't feel so stupid," he admitted softly.

Two things confused him. First off, the fact he was supposedly comfortably for laying on. The second was when Jordie called him a friend. "We're friends?" It was not really like he had spoken much with the other boy, and Eoin didn't really think he was a friendly person or great friendship material. "And, I mean, you're not stupid. You're not the only one who struggles with studying. But just because it's harder for you doesn't mean that you're stupid."

Jordie actually laughed at Eoin's comment. "Of course we're friends," he told the other boy, smiling widely. "It's why I asked you to help me study, because we're friends," he explained, completely relaxed in Eoin's lap. His smile faded a little as the boy said he wasn't stupid. He shrugged, looking away. "It feels like it sometimes," he spoke softer, pouting a little.

That confused him because he really didn't think he and this Hufflepuff were friends. Friends were supposed to joke and laugh together and hang out all of the time. But as it stood, he only rarely spoke to the other boy. "Right..." he trailed off, not really sure how he should go about breaking the news that they probably weren't actually friends. Besides, there was a more pressing issue. "Everyone feels stupid sometimes, trust me. But it doesn't mean you are."

Jordan sighed, shutting his eyes and relaxing. "You're sweet," he smiled softly. "Think I can steal you for lunch?" he asked. "I know you're always studying, and I won't claim to be as interesting as your books, but I was hoping we could hang out more," he opened his eyes again, smiling up at Eoin.

"I'm not sweet," he was quick to fire back with a small shake of his head, "I'm just stating the facts." And then Jordie asked if he wanted to go to lunch together and Eoin just sighed a little. He had been planning to skip out on lunch and just spend some more time studying. There was still some things he wanted to go over again before his next lesson. But the way Jordie was looking at him made him feel bad before he had even turned him down. "I guess... but just for a bit. I still had some more material I want to go over."

-godmod approved-

Jordie laughed lightly, shaking his head. "I think you're sweet," he replied. His eyes lit up as Eoin agreed. Jordie jumped up to his feet, taking Eoin's hands in his and pulling him up. "Yessss, let's go eat!" He laughed, keeping one of Eoin's hands and interlocking their fingers. "I'm always starving after studying, it's like my brain just ties itself up in knots and needs comfort food," he laughed, swinging their hands between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back