Strolling on the Lakefront

Asher returned Isabella's smiles meekly. Maybe we can get along... she thought. Asher's heart wrenched as Isabella spoke to Yvan. SHe knew how it felt to think that no one trully cared about you. She and Isabella weren't all that different at all. Asher's eyes stung as Isabella walked away. She knew that it would take more than a shower for her to feel better...she would need her friends.

In that moment, Asher made a snap decision. "Hey Nina...I'll see you later." She gave Nina a meaningful look and went to follow Isabella. "Isabella!" she called to get her attention.

"Bye Ash." Nina said quietly. "Yvan what happen?" Nina asked Yvan, she was worried about the three of her friends, especially Isabella and her new friend Yvan.

Isabella heard Asher calling out to her and stopped in her tracks, what could she possibly want her for? Couldn't a girl just go and cry in peace? Right now Bella could hear her pillow and furry bear calling her. She didn't care how old she was, she adored her old stuffed bear and it had been a massive shoulder for her to cry on since she was four years old. Old habits died hard.
She wiped the tears from her eyes before turning to face her, dignity and pride meant just as much to her as it did to any Slytherin.

Asher gave a weak smile as Isabella turned around. She had a strong, proud expression on her face. "I'm sorry...I know I'm probably not your favorite person, but I do know a bit about how you feel right now...and I thought maybe you'd like a shoulder to cry on...or an ear to listen?" Asher suggested cautiously. If Isabella wanted her to go, she would, but Asher knew how much better she would have felt knowing someone cared when she felt the way Isabella was now.

Bella's pride rackled most of all. Do I look like I need a pity party or something? She made to walk away again without saying a word, she actually didn't trust herself to speak. The tears on her face may have dried, her eyes may still be glistening but her throat was tight and she still felt very choked up. She was aware of Yvan standing in the background with Nina and felt even more embarressed.
"I don't need an ear or a shoulder Asher</COLOR>
<COLOR color="red">" she finally managed to say but she did recognise that this was like a white flag being waved and whatever she was she wasn't stupid.
"I could probably do with a friend though".

Asher looked at her feet as Isabella responded.  She has the same reaction I would...  Asher made to turn and leave Isabella be when she heard her voice again.
"I could probably do with a friend though," she said.

Asher turned and looked up at Isabella with a smile. She simply nodded and hurried to catch up to her.

When Isabella turned to walk away, Yvan wanted to run after her to apologize, and not because her effect on him tried to drive him to, but because he knew Isabella deserved one. It was not her fault that she had Veela ancestry, and she should not have to feel alone because of it. It was who she was. However, the more sensible part of him knew that if he approached her again, he would probably make it worse. He would find another time to properly confront Isabella, and apologize, hopefully, on his own incentive. Yvan was not at fault in this, still he could not help but feel that way.
"I'm fine," he answered Nina when he could feel the Veela charm loosing a little effect.

Nina sighed, she trusted that Yvan was fine, but she didn't believe that Isabella was. Nina frowned unsure of what to do, she figured that too many people would make her even more confused than she was, so she decided she would speak to them later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back