Strolling on the Lakefront

Yvan Petrov

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Yvan couldn't help but notice how attractive the girls from both Hogwarts schools were, as opposed to the customary blond hair and blue eyes he was getting sick of from where he came from. Brushing a few strands of hair from his eyes, Yvan strolled out of the Durmstrang Boat and onto the lakefront shore. He noticed a common gathering of girls around the area and chuckled at how strikingly open most girls made themselves. It was something Yvan felt uncommon about, as majority of the Russian girls were stubborn and extremely hard to talk to at times. Yet he felt he should enjoy the unusual attention while he was away from home. Perhaps even taken advantage of it, Yvan thought slyly.
Pausing mid-step, Yvan bent his knee and then released a strong kick, sending a pebble skipping away, not bothering to look up and see where it would go or who it should hit.

Taking Sakura's advice on how best to make friends, Isabella went for a stroll around the gardens. James was once again down on the pitch so the chance to just walk without being tossed into the air was a relief. As her feet took her closer to the lake front she noticed an unusual amount of girls hanging around. Smiling to herself she continued on, they obviously found the Durmstrang boys worth looking at. She had to admit herself that one or two of them were cute but nothing to her would or could compare to James.

Another step and her head was hit with a sharp object. The pain shot like a bolt of lightening through her and anger began to well up inside her. Turning swiftly about holding the spot on the back of her head she saw one of the Durmstrang boys, the only one there who could possibly have done it. Knowing she had to control her anger quickly before her Veela self exploded to reveal her wings, Isabella did her best to remain calm but it was so difficult.

"Do you usually go around hitting girls on the head with stones just to get their attention? A simple hello would have done you know" </COLOR>
<COLOR color="red">
her other hand was flexing in and out of a balled fist. Relax, calm, breathe she reminded herself. She was so going to kill Sakura for telling her a walk was a nice way to make friends.

At the sound of a rather snappy voice, Yvan blinked and looked up, only to find that the girl who the voice belonged to was directing her angry words at him. "Er... Excuse me?" he asked, looking around in confusion, not sure what she was talking about as he certainly did not hit her on the head with any stone.

Denial, she shouldn't have expected any thing less really. Bending down she picked up the pebble that had so obviously been the offending article, she looked at him with her nicest smile possible and talked to him as if he were some silly little boy who had just been caught doing something he shouldn't have been. She hoped the fact that they were out in the open would render her Veela-ness for making boys say and behave stupidly would dilute its effects, so far the distance between them seemed sufficient. Do not come any closer.

She tossed the pebble to him.
"You are the only one standing there and from your direction that small missile managed to hit my head. Now other than some gnome possibly doing it, there isn't anyone or anything else about that could have. Except for you. A simple sorry would suffice"</COLOR>
<COLOR color="red"> her irritation was very noticeable.

Yvan was rather taken aback by the girl's temper. "Uh... " he started, stopping as he lost his train of thought. Without any form of warning or signal, Yvan found himself distraught with deep emotion. "I'm sorry..." he said slowly, still not entirely sure why he was apologizing, as it still had not occurred to him that it was the pebble he'd kicked that had apparently hit the girl on the head. What was with him? Offering an apology when he was still unsure of the matter, and moreover, finding himself rather attracted to her. "Who are you?"

Completely sidestepped by his rushed apology Isabella groaned, it had definitely been too much to hope for. She should have just dealt with the blow to her head and walked on but oh no, not Isabella. Putting up a hand to halt him in his tracks she doubted very much if it would work but if he came any closer than the nice enough gap between them she would definitely have to turn tail and run for it. Sakura Gemini it is the last time I listen to your bright ideas.

Deciding that perhaps she should just get the introduction over and done with, that perhaps the boy would just smile and walk away, Bella chose to smile at him.

"My name is Isabella, Isabella Ormonde I'm with the Hogwarts Scotland students" </COLOR>
<COLOR color="red">should I not still be fuming over the tossed stone? Thinking it probably best not to be but to try to keep her cool instead, she looked over at the group of girls standing at the lakefront glowering at her now. Rolling her eyes as she looked back to the boy Bella felt in a tight predicament.

Asher had found herself rather anxious with all of her free time. I'm not used to not having anything to do! Normally I just study to get ahead, but I'm not sure what to study here... Hoping to clear her head she had decided to walk down to the lake on the grounds. She had sat down on its bank when all of a sudden she could here a rather large group of girls come walking up giggling and babbling. Asher rolled her eyes...she guessed that the Durmatrang boys were good looking, but she only had eyes for one person. A smile spread across Asher's face as she thought about Noah. I haven't spoken to him in so long...I miss him... Asher was snapped out her thoughts by the introduction of a very familiar, very angry voice. Asher turned to see that Isabella had turned her talents for making people feel guilty on a boy that appeared to be from Durmstrang. Asher shook her head Does she ever have a good mood? Asher knew what it was like to be on the recieving end of Isabella's wrath and felt the need to at least come to the boys aid.

Asher stood and casually walked over to the two of them. Isabella seemed a bit calmer. "Hi Isabella...is everything alright...you sounded rather angry a moment ago?" Asher asked politely trying not to make Isabella angry with her again in the process of trying to help this boy.

"Isabella... That's a pretty name," said Yvan honestly, taking a few steps forward. "Has anyone ever told you... that you are strikingly beautiful?" The question had gushed from his mouth without thought, and now Yvan found himself blushing a very bright shade of red. He didn't even notice a second girl join them, as his eyes were still fixed on Isabella.

Uh oh...looks like this one is falling for the Veela charm... Asher chuckled softly as she watched things play out. She knew Isabella could take care of herself...and it was going to be interesting to see how this ended.

Isabella turned at the sound of the other voice, Asher. She had actually never been so relieved to see the girl in her life.
"I'm fine really, got hit with a stone on the back of my head and ..and.. bozo here</COLOR>
<COLOR color="red">"
Isabella got no further in her sentence as the boy took another step further much to her dismay. He began declaring what a beautiful name she had moving ever closer and then he made an even bigger ass of himself by telling her how strikingly beautiful she was. Bella hated being part Veela, she hated the effect she had on boys especially when a boy who would have not paid her any attention whatsoever now thought the sun shone out of her.

Hearing Asher laughing away to herself, Bella figured she deserved that much at least for her own treatment of the girl before they left. She had slightly over stepped the mark but in her mind only slightly.

"You're not helping Asher"

she grinned at her exasperated with the boy before her, she removed her wand from her back pocket and pointed it at him. It was only then she realised how close he had come to her, almost an arms distance.

"Stop right there, you don't know what you are saying or doing. You should get up and walk back to the boat"
she was so tempted to put the imperious curse on him just to get him out of her way that the very thought itself horrified her and she backed up from him a little more, stopping just as her leg touched the edge before it opened up to the lake.
"Please I'm sure you're a lovely guy but I'm spoken for".

Yvan stopped in his tracks and frowned when Isabella pulled out her wand and pointed it at him. She probably thought he was hideous, or not good enough for her. He was not used to rejection, and therefore did not take it lightly. "You want me t-to... go away?" he mumbled heavily, his voice high pitched and breaking. He could only interpret the look on her face to be one of disgust, causing demeaning thoughts to crowd his mind. Obviously she doesn't like you! How could she, one so beautiful, want to be with you?

As much as Isabella didn't like the way boys reacted to her, she also hated hurting someones feelings unnecessarily. Another reason why she looked over at Asher, though part of her still thought she had been some bit justified. Saks was her bestfriend after all.
She lowered her wand now and looked at the boy who was so visibly upset now.
"It's not that I want you to but...</COLOR>
<COLOR color="red"> " she exhaled loudly. It's that I need you too. A weighted sigh escaping her, "I.. "
realising she didn't even know his name she thought best to address him with it, hopefully it might make things easier.
"what's your name?"

"Yvan," he spluttered with a less gloomy expression, hoping that the direction of their conversation was turning with possibilities. He'd never felt so intensely about anyone of the opposite sex, he couldn't even process the way he felt as all his emotions were jumbled about. "Yvan Petrov."

Right I can do this, really I can I won't have to jinx or hex him at all. Bella put her wand away and took a tentative step forward only because if she took another one back she would have ended up in the lake.
"Yvan, Yvan I'm half Veela. Do you understand what that means?</COLOR>
<COLOR color="red">" she looked at him noting the glimmer of hope that had appeared on his face. Goodness I only asked him his name, this is stupid to the extreme.
"It means you don't know what you're saying or doing when you're around me. It's like a pheromone thing".
Would he even understand that?

"Lies," he stated, his shoulders drooping. How could his feelings for her be false? He'd heard of the Veela's and their effects on human men, but he'd never believed it and was not going to start now. It was clear she did not want him, no matter what excuse she offered. "This... these feelings... they are real!" he said firmly, his mouth curving downward once more with distress.

If she had been born hideous looking perhaps Bella would have used her Veela nature to her advantage but she wasn't, Isabella had the beautiful looks associated with all Veelas. Her golden hair, her silvery grey eyes, her pale skin that thankfully wasn't almost silvery like her mothers. Since she could remember her looks bothered her, it had stopped girls from wanting to be friends with her, her mother said out of jealousy and being friends with boys had always been a burden. Her very first at the age of five had jumped from his bedroom window to show her he could fly for her. She put her face into her hands in complete exasperation. Wasn't there a cure for this? They had wolfsbane for werewolves didn't they, surely they could find something for this.

"Yvan its not a lie"</COLOR><COLOR color="red"> she removed her hands to look at him, "Of course your feelings are real, its just the ones your feeling for me aren't"
This really wasn't going anywhere was it?

"Yvan look at me, surely you can't really believe in love at first sight can you?"
perhaps if I appeal to his intellect that might work, common sense.
It was worth a try though doubtful if he would only step back some more. Then a though occured to her, if she backed up completely into the water, the effects were bound to wear off for the moment she would be under surely that would give him enough time to get his brain together.

"I believe in it now!" he pressed earnestly, taking a step closer to her.

Isabella wasn't expecting him to take another step towards her, there was barely a gab between them. Instincitively she stepped back and then another just as she realised there was nothing solid beneath her foot. The look of shock and horror was fleeting. Ok I was considering it not actually wanting to do it.The thought stayed with her as she plummeted into the water and sank beneath its murky layer. She kicked upwards as soon as she could, not realising how deep the lake had been. Surfacing she glared at Yvan. He so better be over himself she fumed attempting to pull herself out.
"Ok lover boy, do you want to give me a hand here?"
<i></i>

Asher watched as the boy, who had introduced himself as Yvan, continued to get closer to Isabella. Isabella was trying everything to keep him at bay to no avail. This isn't going to be good... Yvan wouldn't...couldn't be reasoned with and he continued his advance until Isabella was in the lake. Asher decided it was time for her to step in. She reached her hand out to Isabella when she asked the entranced boy for help. "Here..." she said offering her assistance with a kind smile. Once Isabella was safely on dry land Asher turned back to Yvan. "Yvan...she's taken and I have to say that James probably wouldn't appreciate the way you're acting around Isabella." Asher defended. She stood between Isabella and Yvan and held her ground keeping Yvan from advancing again.

It was as if a fog had been lifted the moment Isabella fell into the lake, and in that short moment Yvan was free of his intense attraction to her, thence allowing him to see reason. He was far from being in love with Isabella, and although she was extremely beautiful, again the blond hair and fair skin did not appeal to him.
What in the blazes? he thought, confounded.
But just as quickly as his rationality had returned, it was once again engulfed by the ever so enamoring emotions that seemed to only ever exist for Isabella.
Darn! a little voice in his head fumed.
The difference between this moment and the last was that Yvan knew his feelings were not true. When she asked him for a hand out of the lake, his first incentive was to jump into the water just to help her out. But he was thankful that the mysterious girl who he had only just noticed was lending Isabella a hand instead. Forcing himself to take a couple steps back, Yvan pressed his lips into a hard line to prevent himself from declaring feelings for her, and shifting his gaze away so that her beauty couldn't burn more unwanted images in his head.

[Can I join?]

Nina walked over to the lake and saw Yvan, Isabella and Asher. Surprisingly Asher was helping Isabella. When she got close to the three of them she smiled at Yvan and joked, "Yvan are these girls giving you any grief?"

Yvan let out a strangled sigh of relief when a familiar face approached. Gulping down hard as he concentrated on his reply, not wanting to seem rude, Yvan whispered all that his self-control could fathom, "A little." Looking up to meet Nina's eyes, he made a poor attempt to smile but then gave up when he felt his mouth crook into a spasm.

Asher turned as she heard Nina's voice. She rolled her eyes and smiled. "Of course Nina...just blame us." she teased.

Grateful for the assistance though a little stunned that it came from Asher, Bella took her hand graciously.

"Thanks"</COLOR>
<COLOR color="red"> she smiled almost humbly at her as she was hoisted out of the water, as she surveyed the damage done to herself and her clothing the urge to laugh came very close to erupting as Asher stood between herself and Yvan, so that his intoxication of her Veelaness could somehow be detered. She had to admire the girl for this attempt, though in truth the ducking for a brief few moments should have cleared his consciousness some bit. As Nina strolled over to them and seemed to blame them for whatever situation she so didn't have a clue of, Bella turned to Yvan.

"I tried to tell you, you don't care about me and in this lifetime you ordinarily probably wouldn't even have looked at me twice. I'm sorry that what I am effected you so, really I am
"
the whole not been liked for who she was always effected her strongly, she grew weary of boys only liking her because of her Veela self. This pill was hard to swallow and thanking Asher for her assistance again she turned to walk away. Once again the attempt at making a new friend had fallen by the way side.

"I better go and change, get some of this pond weed off of me"
Bella could easily have used the scourgify incantation on herself but her pride, her self esteem would need more than a spell right now.

Nina smiled weakly back at Yvan, he didn't seem alright. Nina walked closer to him and whispered, so only he could hear, "Are you alright?"

Then Nina saw that Isabella looked quite embaressed and annoyed, Nina looked at Isabella with questioning eyes. Then when she heard Isabella say, "I tried to tell you, you don't care about me and in this lifetime you ordinarily probably wouldn't even have looked at me twice. I'm sorry that what I am effected you so, really I am" to Yvan, Nina realized that she was a Veela. Nina's eyes widened, but shook it off hoping the Isabella wouldn't get even more irritated.

As Isabella left, Nina said, "Bye Bella." Nina smied weakly at her, not knowing if she would notice, but it didn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back