Strolling Around

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor watched with amusement as many first years bussled around gathering their school supplies. That was her last year, but it felt good not to be a first year anymore. Taylor still felt, even after a year she didnt know many people. During exams Taylor had looked around and seen many unfamiliar faces. She hoped to change that in her second year and get to know the people in her year.

It had been a long time since Zeke had set foot on Obsidian Harbor. He remembered the good old days where he used to enjoy running around in his underpants thinking he was some mighty wizard who could fly (or in other muggle words, he thought he was superman). Zeke used to enjoy watching all the funny wizards and witches shopping in Obsidian Harbor and there were times where they would actually walk towards him and say "Such a cute little boyyyy!!". Zeke laughed as he whistled his way down Obsidian Harbor.

Zeke closed his eyes for a second, hoping all the good memories could come back. "I'm sorry!,' he said out of the blue when he realized he almost knocked someone over. "Are you okay?" he asked, going red.

Taylor turned her head to glance into the bookstore her Mother owned when she crashed into someone, she heard a sorry the same time she had said one. "Sorry!" She looked up to see a rather attractive boy and she blushed a little. "Yeah I'm okay, how about you? I wasnt looking where I was going." She realised she was rambling a little and shut up.

Zeke heaved a sigh of relief. "I'm fine too," he replied with a small smile. "So, you from Hogwarts?" he asked with curiosity, which was weird because he was usually someone who wasn't curious at all.

"The name's Ezekiel. You can call me Zeke," he continued as his hand touched his jet black hair. "Nice day isn't it?" he added, he didn't want the conversation to end just yet.

Taylor nodded when the boy said he was fine. "Yeah, Im in my second year." She grinned, wondering how old, Zeke (as she had just discovered) was. "Im Taylor." She smiled again. She unconciously looked up when Zeke mentioned the weather. "Yeah it is." She looked back at the boy. "What are you doing in Obsidian?" She asked conversationally.

Zeke flashed a smile. "I'm in my second year too," he replied vaguely. "Me? Just checking out the new shops and stuff. What about you?" he asked, looking around. "Obsidian's very busy now huh?" he commented, watching the wizards and witched walking past the two of them. "Wasn't the way I remembered it..." he added mysteriously. "Wanna sit down somewhere?" he asked, pointing at a nearby bench.

Taylor smiled when Zeke admitted he was in second year. "Same as you really." She shrugged, she liked to get out of the house once in a while, so exploring Obsidian was an obvious choice considering her Mum worked here. "Yeah I know what you mean." She commented absently when Zeke said it wasnt how he remembered.

Taylor thought back to her previous thoughts when Zeke asked if she wanted to sit down. The boy seemed nice and Taylor did say she wanted to get to know everyone, so she nodded. "Yeah okay." She smiled, looking at the bench Zeke was pointing to.

Being the gentleman that he was, Zeke let Taylor sit first. "So Taylor, how's school last year?" he asked curiously. "I didn't do well in History of Magic..What about you?" he asked Taylor.

Taylor smiled and sat down gently, when Zeke allowed her to sit first. Once they were both seated Zeke asked how school was, Taylor shrugged. "I did quite well, but History of Magic wasnt my best subject. I also struggled a bit in Transfiguration." She admitted. She enjoyed Transfiguration, but she found it hard. History of Magic bored her and she didnt like Herbology but she did well in it. A question suddenly popped into Taylor's mind. "What house are you in?" She knew he wasnt in Gryffindor, but didnt know where he could be. He seemed too nice for a Slytherin, but Taylor didnt know.

Zeke nodded. "Transfiguration is tough," he admitted quietly. "I'm in Slytherin, what about you?' he asked Taylor. "So, excited about returning to school?" he added, playing the plant that was next to the bench. The flowers fascinated him. "I'm actually quite psyched about returning to school, except for the workload. Not looking forward to the homework at all," he continued with a shallow laugh. "Play any quidditch?" he inquired, still playing with the plant.

Taylor would admit she was a little surprised the boy was in Slytherin, although she scolded herself for judging people on house stereotypes. "Gryffindor." She admitted, before she got too caught up in her own thoughts. She did that often. "Yeah it will be good to go back." She smiled, Hogwarts had become like her second, well actually third home. Still, she wasnt sure how she would like it there at first, but now she loved it. "Yeah." She nodded, "I usually play seeker." She had good eyes and was fast, perfect for seeker. "How about you?" She asked in return.

Zeke smiled. "Seeker huh? That's cool," he replied, with a change of expression his his normal deep voice. "I usually play catcher. I played seeker once, made the whole team lose the game," he replied laughing. "I've been playing since I was young. I really love Quidditch," he added, thinking of all the good times. "So you're here alone?" he asked.

Taylor nodded, "My Mum never really approved of my playing Quidditch when I was younger, she was so afraid something would happen to me." Taylor laughed. "But my Dad used to sneak me out and take me flying." She remembered her first lesson with her Dad. "Yeah, I like time to myself. How about you?" She asked.

Zeke nodded. "I like time to myself too. Just need to thing. Well you know, get a break from everything," he replied, still fiddling the with the nearby plant. "So how's Gryffindor like?" he asked randomly. Zeke was popular for being random. He loved being random.

"Gryffindor is good, but I guess you always know what to expect from that house, I cant imagine Slytherin being predictable. Whats it like for you?" She asked in return. It was true that when Taylor first arrived at Hogwarts she had wanted to be in Slytherin, but it seems as though the sorting hat does know what its talking about, she was more a Gryffindor than she ever thought possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back