Strangers in disguise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doriana Strati

OOC First Name
Eleana
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Unyielding Willow Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
It the time of the year when the Great Hall was actually turning into a freak show. Masqueraders had started roaming the castle from early in the morning but their numbers grown dramatically as the annual feast was coming closer. This year Doriana had a ordered a special costume. Her close friendship with Ulysses Viteri who was coming from a muggle family, had her interested in comics and super heroes. She loved their stories and how the grew from ordinary people into extraordinary fighters to protect the innocent and their loved ones. She was so into this that she had ordered from her older cousin who designing clothes to make her a special super hero uniform, not based on an already existing one. The owl with her costume box had arrived just yesterday and when she opened it, she couldn't hide her excitement.

Now she was at the Great Hall, dressed in leather-black uniform. It was full of luminescent, engraved lines and her cape flowing behind her, emitted a ghostly, yellowish-green glow. On her face around her gray eyes she had a smudge mask of honeycombed patterns, also glowing the same light as her cape. She had named her superhero Firefly. She had to make a mental note to thank her cousin for the awesome costume. She wasn't sure what kind of powers she was supposed to have but she liked the way the patterns of her costume were slowly blinking in the dim Great Hall. She was supposed to find Ulysses in the crowd but this wasn't easy when everyone was disguised. Doriana could already imagine her scholarly best friend thwarting her excitement by telling her that only male fireflies could glow. He had always a way to bring her down from her comfortable, pink cloud but this wasn't go to happen easily tonight.

Having grown up in a strict wizarding family who had no connection to the muggle world, Aras had came across some really strange but interesting costumes from muggleborn students. He had never attended before the Halloween feast mostly because no costume had really appealed to him. Until he got to know the world of superheroes. Muggleborns loved them and some of them were dressing with impressive suits, capes and masks. Basically, the whole concept of ordinary people having extraordinary powers, were just wizards and witches, hiding their identity while using magic to protect innocents and administer justice. This was how Aras was considering them at least. He liked the idea but he means if he was one of those undercover individuals, would have been quite different. He had found out that villains were the actual counterpart and he liked the idea to dress up as one of them.

The suit he was wearing was black bluish with iridescent scales. The dark costume was lighten by the golden gauntlets, vulture-stylized boots and hawk-looking mask that covered his face. He had a pair of dark blue wings that he could spread at his own will and special enchantments were changing his voice into a deeper one as long as he wore that mask. Aras was rarely excited the way he was now under this disguise. He was wandering among the other masqueraders with his real identity hidden. He wished his costume's wings were functional and he could fly. He was visualizing himself soaring across the Great Hall when he bumped into someone. "Watch where you're going!" he hissed annoyed but he was left out of words when he realized who he had in front of him. That Gryffindor girl he so much despised. He had recognized her despite her impressive transformation but shouldn't recognized him. For a moment he remained speechless, watching the patterns of her suit glowing. "Nice costume." he said with his voice altered under his mask's enchantments. "What's your alias? Lightning bug?" he sneered and crossed his arms against his chest. Although the last thing he wanted was the hang out with Doriana Strati, he thought that it was a great opportunity to spy on her while she didn't know who he was. He still wanted revenge especially after what have happened a few weeks ago at fifth floor corridor. Behind his mask he could pretend to be a random friendly guy who could make her feel comfortable and distract interesting information.

Doriana had to duck under thick cobwebs that were strung between the ceiling's chandeliers. Whomever was making this decorations had done a great job. Spooky jack-o-lanterns were floating aglow and flickering against the enchanted ceiling that was brewing a storm. She was focused on the flashes highlighting the dark clouds' outline when she collided with somebody. "Oops, I'm sorry! I was busy looking at..." She paused as now her attention was captivated by the guy's costume. "Yours is awesome as well." She admitted, focusing on his pair of wings. Doriana wondered if she knew the guy. Those blue eyes behind the mask were familiar but the voice wasn't. He was taller and she guessed she was an older student. "No, I'm the Firefly." She stated slightly annoyed since he sounded sarcastic. "I bet yours is Bird-brain." She said back but couldn't help but admire his costume. Her gray eyes met his blue ones again and she was racking her brain to figure out who it was. They were vaguely recognizable.
"I'm sorry, what's your name?" She asked, still staring at him, feeling that she was about to recall the face and name that escaped her.

It was hard for him to even pretend that he liked her in order to meet his end. Aras was itching to take out his wand and curse her but he restrained himself. He had an opportunity he could use to his advantage so he mustered all his hypocrisy and tried to act normally. At least he liked her guise and he could start a conversation from there. "How original." he commented about her superhero alias, still fighting the sarcasm in his voice but fortunately she didn't take it so far seriously. Aras actually smirked when she guessed his own. "It's Talonshade." he said with his altered voice and stared at her glowing cape. He tried to avoid looking her straight in her eyes like she did. He sensed she was recognizing something in him and this was confirmed when she asked his name. "Heroes should keep their real identities secret." he made an attempt to avoid telling his name. "I'm Talonshade and you're Firefly for tonight." he added and hoped this wouldn't incite her curiosity. "I'm on my own. Would you like to join me in patrolling this feast? I've seen some villains charming some jack-o-lanterns into puking pumpkin seeds." he got instantly in the superhero role who's searching for a partner. He was planning to just wander around with her, chat a bit, gain her trust before taking her somewhere remotely and hex her.

Doriana really wanted to take off the guy's mask but this would have been rude. She crossed her arms defensively when he called her alias unoriginal but she smiled when he revealed his own and told her that as heroes they should go undercover. The mysterious guy even invited her to hang out with him. Maybe in this way she could get to know who was behind that mask. "A hero squad? You look like you could take care the troublemakers on your own but I can back you up if you want." She said while casting a last look in his eyes. "What's your power anyway? Are these wings functional?" She wondered now that she had a closer look. Nothing on her costume was really functional. Well, if she got to be in the dark, obviously her costume was going to glow. Doriana really wanted to act along as a real superhero in patrol but it was her nature to need to find out more about people who were inspiring her mystery. "So you're a bird-themed superhero. Does that makes you a ravenclaw?" She tried to fish more out, about the real identity of Talonshade.

Aras soon realized that the less effusive he was, the more he drew her attention and this was exactly what he wanted. All he had to do was to sound and look mysterious to make her stick around long enough to gain her trust. "Sure I need a partner. You look like you could help." he stated, now sounding more friendly than before. Their conversation remained focused on their superhero status and their powers. "Flight, superhuman senses, advanced durability." he summed up the powers he would have given to his alter ego. "Unfortunately, no I can't fly with them." he spoiled a bit their escapism. "But I can move them. Look." he demonstrated by spreading them wide open. He tucked them behind his back when he realized the amount of attention he had drawn. "You know I won't answer that." he quickly dismissed her question. "Would you like something to drink? A superhero mocktail to boost your powers perhaps?" he offered, referring to the numerous non-alcoholic beverages on the buffet. They weren't technically on a date but weren't these kind of gestures that could win a girl's heart?

Doriana found amusing the whole situation between her and the mystery guy. Their playacting had distracted her completely from finding Ulysses. He had totally riled her in. "Sure. With my bio-luminescent powers I can dazzle any foe." She flipped her luminous cape and chuckled. Doriana watched as he spread his wings. They might weren't granting him any real flying abilities but they were still pretty spectacular. "Whoever made that costume is a genius." She said mesmerized and wondered if it was actually made by her cousin who had made her own. "Come on! Aren't we partners? You can trust me." She pouted for not convincing him to tell her at least his house. He then offered to bring her a drink. A chivalrous superhero. "Sure. If you have one as well." She simply couldn't turn down his gallant gesture.

He was glad that his costume was actually assisting in making her open up around him. "DeStra fashion company makes some exquisite costumes. If you ever need a new outfit, I'm sure you'll be completely satisfied with the result and the quality." he referred to the fashion company he found the particular costume. Their catalog had a great variety of more eccentric costumes, targeting professional duelists and performers as well as people who wanted to feel like superheroes during Halloween celebrations.

Aras' smirk stretched beneath the beak of his mask when she made another attempt to persuade him tell her more about his real identity. "Well, if you show me that you're trustworthy enough, I might reveal to you the real Talonshade at the end of the night." he stated, knowing that no matter what, she was going to stay with him to the end of the celebrations. He was progressively taking her where he wanted her. It literally felt like she was a moth to his flame and this time he was going to make sure she was going to get burnt. The fact that she responded positively to his offer for a drink, was making his plan even easier. "Be right back." he told her before heading to the buffets.

He grabbed two glasses as he checked the different non-alcoholic beverages available in large bowls and filled them with some iced green tea. He looked back at the girl surrounded by the crowd. She wasn't looking at him so this was a great opportunity. He drew a small vial from a pouch on his belt. The concoction inside the glass container was a dreamless sleep potion. Aras had obtained some from the hospital wing since he had trouble sleeping some times. He could drug her and then get his revenge. He was probably going to lock her in one of those broom cabinets scattered around the castle. It took a few minutes for the potion to take effect so he had enough time to get her out of the crowd. Aras checked once more around him to make sure no one was paying attention and poured a few purple drops in her glass of iced tea. He stirred the glass to make sure that the potion had dissolved and hoped that she wouldn't mind the slight change in taste.

Everything seemed to be propitious and soon he was going to wreak revenge on her. Aras went back to the spot he had left her but she was gone. Puzzled, he looked around him, thinking that she might wanted to startle him or something but she was nowhere to be found. Holding both glasses of iced tea he searched around for her. Lucky b!tch, he thought overwrought as he thumped the glasses on a buffet. He couldn't believe how she had wriggled out of this. He looked down at the glass with the potion, his blue eyes flashing frustration. He took it and poured its content in pumpkin flowerpot decorating with black roses the buffet. Having a bad temper, he left the great hall to get some air.

Doriana barely resisted telling him that she got her own costume from the same fashion company, plus that her older cousin was the managing director. While he didn't reveal anything about himself, she thought it was better to keep her own identity secret. She thought she had slightly broke his resistance when he mentioned that he might tell her who his was if she was going to earn his trust. Doriana believed she really didn't know the guy after talking with him a little. He was fascinating her the way he was carrying himself and she was guessing he was an older student. "I'll be right here." She stated as he headed to the buffet to get some drinks.

The gryffindor looked around her at the disguised people enjoying themselves. Her attention was finally caught by the white fur of a polar bear costume that moved past her. The bear's head was taken off and she recognized Ulysses. "Hey! Hey Uli!" She waved but the music and the noise, she wasn't heard. She strode right behind him and had to squeeze through people who have been gathering around the dance floor but she seemed to have lost him. She searched around for his snow, white costume and she got distracted by a couple of mummies. Her best friend was nowhere to be found. He had just disappeared. Giving up her search, she went back to where she was talking with that mysterious guy. She couldn't believe he had disappeared as well. Disappointed she looked around, now hoping to see those blue eyes looking through the eye holes of the hawk mask. She remained at the feast a little bit longer and went back to the buffet where he went to get the drinks. He didn't return so after a while she left for her common room.

to be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back