Strange Encounter

Nataliia Snow

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
White Pine 14 1/4" Core of Veela Hair
Nataliia stood in Chavdar's fireplace, with a handful of floo powder. Chavdar had convinced her to try it at least once in her life. Nataliia shot a warning at him, "If I get any soot on my red jacket, you've had it." Nataliia bit her lip, and sighed. This was just horrible. She wanted to apparate back home. Nataliia resumed her posture and said in a firm voice, "Home!" However, her french and bulgarian accent slurred her speech a bit. She flew down the floo powder, and transported.

Nataliia landed on her bottom, and didn't bother looking around. She shook her hair free of the soot, which got on her jacket. She swore, "I am going to get Chavdar back for ruining my jacket." She frowned, before glancing up, in wonder. This was differently not her house. Nataliia murmured, and blushed, "Oh my god... Where am I?" Her stormy eyes were confused and filled with embarrassment. She could have gone to the States for all she knew!

Joe was upstairs in his room, bored out of his wits. But of course, been the only family member, with no life, he was forced to stay in the New Zealand house until someone came back from home.

He was truely hating this place, he dispised Patricia more and more for it everyday. After getting bored of doing absolutely nothing he got up and went down stairs. Half way down, he heard something in the kitchen, At last I can leave he said, making a slight run for the kitchen.

"Hey, what took you so," He cut off. Instead of seeing his mother, father or older brother, there stood a young woman, covered in suit. "Erm, can I help you?" He asked, getting closer to the strange woman.

Nataliia glanced up, staring at a man perhaps close to her age. Not knowing much about fireplace connections, she assumed this person was a wizard. Nataliia kept staring at the man in bewilderment, before finally murmuring, "It might help me a bit if you can tell where I am?" Nataliia stood up, and fiddled with her blond hair, thinking, This is so embarrassing...me, a pureblood, doing something so silly. "I'm sorry, it's just that I'm new to floo traveling." Her pale skin flushed a slight pink tone.

Joseph moved into the kitchen, closer to the woman. With a small laugh he said, "Your in New Zealand, not too far out of Obsidian." He said, having memorised the address. "Your perfectly fine. I'm not a fan off it myself, I'm pretty new to it also." He said with a reassuring smile, as he saw he blush slightly.

((Yeah, I hope Obsidian is OK to use :p ))

Nataliia sighed in relief, "Oh, that's good. Then I'm not too far from my own house or my brother's." Nataliia was still a bit shaken up over the floo traveling, but she managed to stop her hands from trembling a bit. She folded them across her chest, and shrugged, "It was my brother's idea. I prefer to apparate. Using floo is just...dirty." She took off her red jacket, revealing her black long-sleeved shirt underneath. Nataliia introduced herself, so she wouldn't be so rude, "I'm Nataliia Dragonov."

((Yeah, she knows where that is. ;) ))

((I meant I hope Obsidian was OK as in it was close to your house))

Joe smiled at the girl, who was clearly still shaken from the journey. As Joe listened to the girl talk about apparating and floo he realised that she was a witch. Joe was never sure how to interact with them, even though Patricia had ensured him, they were just like everyone, but could use magic.

Giving a slight laugh to her clear disgust to the floo network he too introduced himself, "Nice to meet you Nataliia. My name is Joseph Rogers." Extending his hand.

((Sure...^^))

Nataliia took his hand and repeated, "Joseph Rogers. Afraid I've never heard of your family's name. And nice to meet you too." Nataliia took her hand back and twirled her hair a bit. She glanced around, and sighed, and shook her head. "I feel like I've trespassed. This is very awkward for me. I'm not used to...meeting people like this." Nataliia smiled slightly, successfully hiding her emotions.

Joe nodded, "I expect you wouldn't, we live in Northern Ireland. But my sister is currently attending Hogwarts here in New Zealand and mother insisted we move closer to her thoughout the year." He said with a shrug, "I personally don't see why." He said, the only reason he stayed here was for the warmth.

Joe laughed, "No your not intruding," he said, "Well Ok you are, but I don't mind." he said. He was glad of the company for a change, even if it was a witch. "Well I'm not used to meeting people full stop so we're on the same boat." He said, hoping it wouldn't make her feel too bad.

Nataliia wrinkled her nose in disgust, "Please, don't assume that I am from here. I used to live in France and Bulgaria. I traveled here for the beaches though. And come to think of it, I think I have a nephew attending that school. But he is not pure like I am though." Nataliia shrugged, oblivious to the fact that she was talking to a muggle. Nataliia was raised by muggles, and she couldn't necessarily tell the difference between them, unless they proved that they cannot use magic.

Nataliia smiled in relief, and laughed warmly. "I don't think I have ever met someone that randomly flooed into my house." Nataliia shifted in her shoes a bit. Biting her lip, she sighed, "Wow, I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed as I am now." She blushed a light shade of pink. The man in front of her is pretty cute, so naturally, she was quite embarrassed.

Joe listened to Nataliia, "Wow!" He said shortly. "Well I've lived in Northern Ireland my whole life, but my family are from Germany. A bit of a change." He said with a shrug. "What year is he in?" Joe asked, maybe Patricia would know him. he thought.

Joe cringed slightly to the word pure he knew that he was always going to be an outsider when in New Zealand, and people would always think they were superior than him, just because he didn't own a wand and could do a few magic tricks.

Laughing slightly Joe said, "Well, I'm sure everyone makes a mistake on their first time." trying to make her feel better. "Really, there's no need to be embarrassed. Your secret's save with me." He said with a wink.

Nataliia thought whether she had ever been to Ireland. "I don't think I have ever been there, but I wouldn't mind going there one day. I love to travel." Nataliia tried to think of the family tree, and she looked rather frustrated trying to remember the boy. "Um, he is seventeen. That's all I know, sadly." She gave Joseph a hopeful smile. She couldn't help but notice him cringe slightly. He probably isn't a pureblood...but he seems nice and cute enough.

Nataliia placed her hands behind her back, and shrugged, "I hope you don't mind me being a pureblood and all. I know their views, and needless to say...I wasn't raised by those values. I was raised by muggles. I don't tell people that, so...shh." She giggled softly. She had however removed those muggles from her life, but there were other factors involved besides her reputation. Nataliia laughed, "I sure won't be using floo anymore. I might end up in China for all I know."

Nataliia glanced at the floor, and laughed, "I guess you are trustworthy." Nataliia wondered when would be a good time to leave. She was enjoying herself around this man, surprisingly. He seemed so normal compared to Rosaline and Chavdar. Nataliia decided that she would leave when things got a bit too awkward.

Joe shrugged, "People thinks Ireland is a good place to go, fields of luscious green and wee leprechauns with gold at the end of the rainbow crap. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's a load of," He stopped before saying anything, that shouldn't be ushered in front of girl as beautiful as Nataliia. "Sorry, but if you ever want to visit Ireland your welcome to stay at mine." He offered. When Nataliia mentioned that her nephew was 17 Joe shuck his head and said, "I doubt Patricia would know him then, she's only a second year. Not 13 until March." He added.

Joe looked at his feet for a moment, as Nataliia talked about her been a pureblood. He laughed slightly when she did, "I don't mind you been a pureblood. In fact, if they are all like you I have no idea what Pat was talking about." He said with a shrug, remembering her warning the family about the stuck up purebloods, that she had a few run ins with. "But she did say there were some who were just fine. So I guess your one of the exceptions." He added with a smile. Joe laughed again, "There' nothing wrong with China, not that I've ever been there before." he said with a shrug. "But I mean, who doesn't love to travel." He added.

Joe give a small bow, "Thank you." he said.

Nataliia giggled when she thought of rainbows, and pretended to be sad, "Aw, no leprechauns or gold at the end of the rainbows? That ruins my plans to go to Ireland." She put on a smile and replied, "I would be honored, once I've known you longer than a few moments." Nataliia wondered if she had any brothers close to that age. She would have to check the family tree again. "Oh. I would ask him myself if I knew what he looked like or his name." She added, "You see, I was adopted...and then I recently met my true family. Everything is still all new to me." The expression upon her face wasn't ashamed of revealing that. She didn't care anymore.

Nataliia sighed, and said, "I used to be stuck up in school. I even invented a pureblood group. I was awful, but I grew up. But my dad is pretty horrible on the pureblood views. I probably wouldn't be as optimistic as I am now if I wasn't raised by him." For once, she was actually glad that she was raised by muggles. Her life was bright and happy, even her childhood. "Well, I wouldn't mind going there...but I wouldn't want to get stuck there and not know the language."

Nataliia smiled to herself when he bowed. She was happy that she didn't end up anywhere else. Nataliia laughed softly, "You know, I think we ought to go out sometime. I hope that isn't coming out as rash. You are just an interesting person." Nataliia was always known for her outgoing attitude. She couldn't help but be slightly nervous at his answer, though.

Joe returned Nataliia's laugh. "Well, that's what we have to tell the outsiders," he said, using air quotes. "I might make an exception for you though." He added with a wink. Joe shrugged "Well it's a few more moments now." he said with a, somewhat, nervous laugh.

Joe listened to Nataliia's story, intrigued to say the least. "You gotta love the Magic world." He said when she finished, "You never get anything as excited back home, unless you count TV soaps." He said with a weak laugh. "So I take it you have a big family huh?" He asked, "Well now." He added meekly.

"Wow." Joe said shortly. "All I got was a, no girls allowed, club." He said with a roll of his eyes. "But then again, we never had any girls like you in our school." He said, trying not to sound too forward, but he was really beginning to like Nataliia, she seemed really nice. "I suppose your dad is set in his ways." Joe shrugged, "Parents can be stubborn at times." He said. Joe give a laugh, "Well I worked in a chinese take -away for a few years, to make some money, so I can say, Chicken curry and rice and," he thought for a moment. "Well, I was able to say more." He said.

Joe stared at Nataliia for a moment, wondering what she was thinking. When he heard her next response, he was thrown off slightly, but didn't let it show. "Not at all, I mean if you hadn't said it I probably would have." He confessed. "So do you know New Zealand? I mean, I haven't been outside this house yet, so to get out would be great." He said, trying not to sound desperate.

Nataliia nodded, understanding. She beamed, "I am glad I am an exception." Nataliia glanced down at her silver watch. She bit her lip and shrugged also, "Longer than I have anticipated. But still, longer than now." Nataliia laughed, as she remembered her adopted mother loving Soaps. "I love the Magic world. And yes, I have a huge family. Too big in my opinion. Apparently, I have five siblings, and three have two to four children." Nataliia was glad that she was one of the youngest.

Nataliia giggled at the 'no girls allowed club'. Nataliia remarked, "You wouldn't have wanted me at your school. I was a meanie. But then again, I was nice at times..." She recalled going to Beauxbatons. Nataliia added, "Thank you for the compliment though, or rather, I take it as one." Nataliia let her eyes roll. "Yes, dead set on his rules. 'No mingling with the filthy folk'. But I mingle with whoever I want. I am an adult." She of course couldn't find herself mingling with muggles or mudbloods, not without a slip up or something. "I think I only know how to say 'thank you' and well, that wouldn't help me around the country."

Nataliia laughed, "Well, I must have just quickened it then." Nataliia thought for a moment, and nodded, "Well, around Brightstone and Obsidian. And then there is my neighborhood. Oh!" She added, "And a fabulous hiking trail. But it is too cold to hike now." Nataliia smiled, "I haven't been down Brightstone in forever, so I can show you around there. My brother owns a shop there." She wondered why he hadn't been out of the house, but she didn't want to pry.

Joe stood speechless at the news of Nataliia's big family. "Well you can't choose your family." He said with a shrug, though sometimes he wished he could, he seemed like such an outsider in his family, but he didn't know why. "Anyway, I think I'll stick with my two siblings, they're hard enough to stand sometimes." He said.

Joe shook his head, "You would have been a nice change to all the girls in my school. Too nice all the time." He said with a roll of his eyes, he couldn't stand girls who were too needy and tried to be perfect. Joe give a small laugh, "No, it was definitely a compliment." He said with a wink.

Joe listened to Nataliia decribe her father, he didn't seem like someone he wanted to meet anytime soon, "Again, you can't choose your family." He repeated. Joe give a shrug, "I don't think it would help a lot but you never know until you try it out." He said.

Joe listened to Nataliia, "Well Brightstone sounds great then. Do you want to go now?" He asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back