Story Hunter

Henric Lee

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Crunch, crunch, crunch.

Twigs snapped and broke apart as Henric Lee marched forward solemnly, his cowl drawn so that it flapped noisily in the wind along with his cloak. "Centaurs guard the secrets of their homes zealously with their lives... their valor and bravery exceeds mortal measurements, as does their fanatical belief in divination over fate..." As he stepped into view, the moonlight threw Henric's face into sharp relief. "At least. That's what I read from the books..." The pale boy grasped his cowl and threw it off his head, turning it slightly past. "Gigantic insect beasts they were, with fangs drooling with saliva and eight gigantic eyes that stared forward." Henric halted in his path and glanced up in the air. "Looks like none of these fantastical beasts are present." He murmured to himself.

Sern had been watching the boy for a little while and then when he said about none of the creatures being there he gave a slight chuckle, taking a half step out of the shadows. "Just because you cannot see us, does not mean we are not here". His voice was a strange mystical dreamy type voice that still commanded respect.

Henric blinked, then paused. For a few full ten seconds he stared at the half-man, half-horse in front of him, then he proclaimed. "Centaur." After another brief reprieve, he added, "You're a Centaur. So Centaurs do live in the forest." Henric took note and made sure to see if the mythical being in front of him had hands, then walked forward and extended his arm to the centaur. "A pleasure to meet you. I am Lee, Henric Lee."

Thearus gave another chuckle as the boy seemed to confirm that centaurs did live in the forest.

He looked at the arm of the boy and pondered for a moment trying to remember what humans did in this situation. Then, once he had realized he took it and gave the boy a shake. He was pretty sure he had done it right.
"I am Thearus Forthiem" He replied in response to the boys question. The boy seemed to be rather ordinary about meeting a centaur which was much a surprise to him.

Aeon was swinging through the tree's of the Forbidden Forest silently, He'd been here a lot of times now, Maybe too many times. The sky was clear and the moon was full, it's light gleaming down upon the grounds. Aeon climbed to the top of the tree and looked back at the school, Not a single light seemed to be on and everything was still and peaceful.

There was a buzzing noise behind Aeon and he looked back to see a billywig flying rather close to him. Aeon waved it away and slid halfway down the tree, Then, quietly, he began jumping from tree to tree when he heard voices, Both of which he recognized.

Henric and Thearus, Wonder what they're up to. Aeon wondered, placing his hands on the branch and walking on them. Aeon moved directly above Henric and Thearus, still upside down and on his hands, yet out of view. He kept quiet, watching them both to see what they were doing.

Thearus suddenly froze for a minute, then with a quick movement slide out his word and held it in the direction of Aeon. "If there's one thing you should know about centaurs aeon" He paused for emphasis on the last word then continued with a large smile on his face "Is that we know when we are being snuck up on...and peoples breathing patterns" He lowered his sword, "You seem to be around here a fair bit".

Henric's eyes darted over to Aeon, sniffing the air for a moment. "The scent of a human's sweat and other smells stand out among the more putrid ones of the forest." The boy commented, smiling slightly at Aeon. "No offense ot you of course Thearus, centaurs don't have that odour the bowtruckles emit. Or maybe the one I saw was just from a smelly sort of tree - or something along those lines." Henric gave an artificial benevolent smile at the both of them. "But it is a real pleasure, I've been to the forest a good many times and have never seen a centaur - don't tell groundskeeper." Henric added.

Thearus gave another chuckle as his sword slid into its place. "It really does depend on where you live I suppose. Most of the forest is rather nice."

looking between the two, Thearus was trying to remember where he had seen henric. "Did you happen to get attacked by wolves one night?" He asked with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"Oh that. I was traversing the forest - taking my medicine." He lied with a smile, "I chanced upon the Summers battling a huge swathe of spiders; well I must admit, I wasn't quite right in the head that day, or I would have gone for the teachers instead of jumping in." His brows raised, and dark eyes attempting to read the Centaur's features, he added slowly. "No wounds from then of course."

Thearus lent low to the boy with the slightest of curiosity in his eyes. "Oh really?" He asked in the same tone. "Its hard to tell if your lieing..." He was watching the boy carefully. He seemed to be able to control his emotions completely. Which, as Thearus thought, wasn't right for a young boy.

"Lies are only lies if we want them to be, if not, they are stories." Henric replied with his usual enigmatic flair, "I thought centaurs travelled as a group." He cast his eyes about, "It doesn't look that way. Are you out on a stroll perhaps?" The dark eyes of the boy had apparently given up on reading the centaur; instead, while his black hair blew about in the wind, Henric started light conversation.

Why must they always bring this up Thearus thought with a mental groan. But he replied in the same tone as ever though with a slight undertone of emotion, "...I...am...not part of a group..." His clan had been banished for helping the humans and putting themselves in danger for them. Humans are just as worthy to live as centaurs was his thought and nothing would change that.

Aeon swung his legs down and sat up on the branch, listening to the two of them before finally getting bored. Aeon swung down from his branch in the tree and landed on Thearuses back. "Lets do something fun, I'm tired of you two chatting." He said, looking from Henric to Thearus.

((Henric, Try to get along with Aeon? ))

Thearus gave a slight chuckle before looking back to Aeon, "I can always trust you to change the topic cant I?" He said while giving another chuckle and smiling over to henric slightly.

[ Hex or Curse? ._. ]

Henric raised his head, cruel smile vanishing as fast as it had appeared. His emotionless pupils scanned the figure in front of him; where had he seen this one? Oh right, it was the albeit rude, over-the-top hyperactive one. He glanced up for a moment; did he just jump out of a tree? He really did ignore the danger of the place didn't he. Oh the sancity of the Forbidden Forest, ruined; he'd need a new place to ... start taking medication.

Eyes flashed in Aeon's direction, "Perhaps." He answered mysteriously.

Sending his arm out to henric who seemed rather unhappy Thearus asked, "Well do you want to ride or what?" His smiled broadened slightly.

(( Oh, very nice indeed ._. ))

"So..Thearus..Where should we go?" Aeon asked. "You live here so where should we start off?" Aeon was hoping they'd get to go deep into the forest, or somewhere hidden and secret.

"Well..." he said while pondering, there were many MANY places to go in the forest though thearus thought for an adventure they would go. "hmmm, theres an ancient relic near the center thats said to come alive?" This he really did think it came alive but had never actually seen it.

Henric tilted his head, "Sounds like a giant spider." Evidently to the pale boy a spider who was perfectly still and just leaped out the next moment was something that came alive. He took the arm proferred to him, "A ride, well, that would be good." He said, his expression blank, and his eyes emotionless. Perfectly concealed in his face of wax, the boy showed nothing.

"hmm.. You really are hard to read" Thearus murmured as he hoisted the boy up onto his back with Aeon. Once he had made sure they were both holding on tight he said suddenly, "I think we will take a short cut" Then launched himself down through the trees, everything becoming a blur.

Aeon wasn't holding on that tight and when he Thearus launched himself through the tree's Aeon nearly went flying off, But got hold just in time. "Woaah!!" He shouted, holding onto Thearus tighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back