OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Willow Wand with Acromantula Web Core
The large room was filled with boxes, some full and some empty. The fireplace was going strong as Alana reached for a small box and opened it. Immediately, a smile crossed her face as she put down the banana she'd been eating and took out the item at the very top. She'd been doing this nearly all day long, very much delaying the unpacking of their new home as she came across items that sparked a memory between her and her husband. She knew he was probably getting annoyed by it, but he was a saint and she hoped this particular interruption would be well met.

"Look, it's our wedding album"she called out to him, already opening it to take a look. When she'd first received it, Alana had taken to looking at it once a week, the love in those pictures so strong and the day such a wonderful one that she simply couldn't not look it whenever the opportunity presented itself. The photographer really had captured it all. Everything about that day had been perfect, from the location to her dress to the vows that they'd written just for each other. Alana had written her vows years before Matthew had even proposed, knowing by the age of 16 that he was the one. "Can you believe it's been almost two years?" she cooed. Time was moving quickly, too quickly, she felt. It almost made her want to figure out a way to apply for a time turner or something like it, just so they could always re-live moments just like this one.

Moving was always a tedious business and Matthew had lost count of how many times he had done it since he graduated school but he would never complain when he was moving into a new home with his wife. Matthew was upstairs trying to unpack the boxes marked bedroom but it was tricky as he seemed to be called downstairs every few minutes to look at something Alana had uncovered as she unpacked. Matthew made his way downstairs as Alana called out to him that she had found the wedding album. He couldn't but smile to himself as he flashed back to that day. Matthew knew his wife had made a habit out of looking back through the album on a regular basis since their wedding day whereas he didn't need to look at it quite as much. The image of Alana walking down the aisle in her dress was something that would never leave his brain.

Matthew walked up behind her and peered at album over Alana's shoulder. "I'll never forget how beautiful you looked walking down the aisle. I couldn't believe how lucky I was that I was the one you were walking towards," Matthew rested his chin on her shoulder. "I can actually and I'm grateful for every day,"

Alana liked how well they fit together, in the pictures but more so in person. She allowed him to weigh down her shoulder for a second, leaning into him for a second as she listened to his words. Alana smiled, beamed actually, as she let the album fall back into the box before she wriggled around so that she was now facing him. "You better be, Mister" she poked him in the chest playfully, then flattened her palm there, smiling up at him.

"I'm grateful for you too. I don't know of anyone else who would put up with me the way you do" she grinned, moving her arms so that they went around his neck. "And I definitely don't know anyone that could deal with my dad like you do. I actually think he likes you" she continued, shaking her head in wonder. Her father didn't really like anyone.

Matthew smiled as Alana poked him playfully in the chest and he nudged her playfully before taking hold her hand and kissing her palm and wrist. "After how hard I fought, you think I'd ever take this for granted," He laughed. There was a time when that moment was nothing more than a fantasy. With everything they had working against them at the time, he never imagined a time when they would be unpacking their new home, happy and more in love than ever before. Matthew had never been as happy as he had been in that moment. It was as if every moment before had led up to it and culminated in a feeling of pure bliss.

The little 'this is your life' montage in his head came to an end swiftly following Alana's comment about her father. As her arms went around his neck he moved his arms around her waist. "Alana I train dragons for a living, next to a Hungarian Horntail your dad is like a cuddly bunny rabbit," Matthew laughed. It was a big stretch but he thought the comparison made his point. Though he too was at a loss as to why his father liked him especially as he wasn't the man he had planned on his daughter marrying.

Alana was happy with those words and beamed up at her husband before nuzzling her face against him. There hadn't been a day yet where he hadn't made Alana feel appreciated. She was the luckiest woman in the world. Alana loved that when she did this, her ear pressed against his chest so she could hear his heartbeat. Strong and sure, just like Matthew. It made her feel secure and happy. As he spoke again, she smiled at the rumbling before she looked back up at him, listening with an amused expression on her face. An eyebrow rose swiftly before she replied.

"Oh, I'll make sure to remind you to tell him that when we go over for dinner next week" she teased her husband. "I think he'll enjoy it" she mused, her cheek going against his chest once more as she giggled at her own joke. Alana couldn't help herself. Matthew was fun to tease and he took it in stride. It really was a wonder her father liked Matthew as much as he did, but he figured a son-in-law with the promise of a stable career beat an Azkaban prisoner any day of the week. Alana hadn't thought about Chaos in years, and she realized she didn't want to now. Rising on her tiptoe, Alana placed a kiss on her husband's jaw. "If you don't stop distracting me, mister, we are never going to get all of this done" she waved a free hand around the room, returning to teasing her husband once more. They'd made a good dent but even with magic, it was still work.

The truth was, while Alana's father was a scary man he didn't scare Matthew. He had been through a lot to get to where he was in his life and the only thing that scared him was losing it all. Besides that, he really did handle a lot worse in his day job. Try as he might Alana's father did not breathe fire. "Dinner with your father again? He sighed. It was one of his least favourite activities and one they seemed to do all too often. "I know you say he likes me but someone really needs to tell his face," He said struggling to keep his own face straight in the moments that lingered after the words left his mouth.

Matthew laughed when Alana stated they wouldn't finish if he kept distracting her. He closed his eyes as he felt her lips on his jawline and let out a soft, quiet moan. "I seem to recall you shouting me down here because you were acting like our wedding album was a piece of long-lost treasure and not something we both look at on a regular basis," Matthew smirked as ideas began to formulate in his head. "But if you want distracting..." Matthew leaned down and proceeded to plant kisses on Alana's neck and shoulders. "...I can be distracting," Surely it wouldn't hurt if their possessions stayed in boxes for a little longer.

Alana smirked, her lips still against Matthew's jaw as he spoke, declaring her the distraction. "Mmhmm, right" she said, her smile widening as he further proved her point about him being the distraction. She would have pretended to be offended at him not thinking their album was a treasure, but she was quickly losing focus of any coherent thoughts. Running a hand through his hair, her eyes closing as he laid kisses on her, Alana noted her appreciation with a low murmur of words. "Told ya" she whispered as she tightened her other hand on his arm. Although Alana didn't love the dangers that came with Matthew working with dragons, she quite appreciated that it required a certain athleticism to do, and his muscles were pleasant to look at. The woman knew she certainly wouldn't mind being distracted by her husband even if they still had many boxes to unpack and a laundry list of items on her to do list to get done before they settled into bed, like setting their bed up. Her back was to the largest pile of boxes anyway, so it was easy for her to pretend it had all been done and her husband was doing his best to continue distracting her. Alana was happy to meet her husband kiss for kiss and lose herself for a while.

Matthew smirked as Alana continued to declare that he was distracting her though she was only proving his point as she laid kisses on his jaw. The tables were however turned when he began to kiss her and she gave into his touch. "Maybe we call this one a draw?" He suggested as he eased up on his kisses. There were still a mountain of boxes in the living room alone but in that moment unpacking them was the last thing on his mind. All he could think about was his wife and showing her how much she meant to him. "You know, since we're already distracting each other maybe we should just give up on the boxes for a little while and just..." He leaned in to whisper in her ear. "...distract each other some more,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back