Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Ten inch sturdy Cypress wood with Thestral hair core
James hadn't been able to just sit at home, knowing that Leo hadn't been able to celebrate properly. So, a few days before break ended, he'd gone to see the boys Grandfather, and after a slight argument, James had won. Trying not to look too smug, he jogged up to Leos' room, trying not to frown at the sight of it. It was so... bare, and out of the way. In a house like this, why? He knocked on Leo's door and leant in. "Hey, kiddo. I talked to your Grandfather, you're gunna come over for the rest of break. Grab your stuff, yeah?" He gave Leo his most charming smile.

Leonardo hadn't particularly moved from the desk in his room. He had obviously done other things, but with the amount of homework his grandfather was giving him, he hadn't really done anything but essays. it made sense, he knew he needed to work on it all, needed to do better than he had. He could hear an argument downstairs, but Leo was so behind that day, he focused on his work that he wasn't listening. That was until there was a knock at the door. Leo glanced up from his work and frowned.

”Mr Michaels?” he was surprised to see him and his tone was laced with a tiredness. His grandfather hadn't budged on Leo going, had seemed annoyed that Leo would even suggest it when he had so much work to be doing. Leo stood up and glanced about his room, it was immaculately clean, but bare of any identity. ”he agreed?” Leo said, but he was moving to his trunk, where everything was mostly still inside. He went to his wardrobe and grabbed the few clothes he had and folded them. As neatly as he could with his hands shaking. He'd got the homework next. His grandfather was still right about him needing to work, so Leo thought it best to take it with him. ”I'm ready,”

James smiled at Leo, leaning against the door frame. "He did," James spoke firmly. "We're going to drop your things off and go shopping, yeah?" He smiled. "Jordie absolutely went ahead and bought you presents, but I know you wouldn't feel comfortable without something to give him in turn. I'll pay, we'll grab some food, you can pick out some presents," He ran a hand through his hair. "Is that everything?" He asked as Leo finished grabbing his things. He tried not to worry about how quick it was, how little Leo had. James straightened and motioned for Leo to follow. "Come on, I brought my bike," He smiled softly.

Leonardo listened vaguely to what James said, glad at least he'd get the opportunity to pick out something. He'd try to give James the money for it. His school allowance would cover it, and it wasn't like he needed anything else. Leonardo glanced at his things and frowned a little. ”Yes. I have all my homework, and all my school books,” he said. Everything he cared about – personal items and things from his few friends, were at school. ”I left stuff at school,” he added, trying to at least make it seem like he had more. Leo lifted the trunk and followed James, ”I don't have a bike Mr Michaels, but I can follow,” he replied, he did have a bike at this house, but it was too small for him now.

James smiled softly, snapping and sending Leo's things ahead to the house. "No, silly, come on." He motioned for Leo to follow him. He smiled at the Grandfather, who looked uptight but let them go. James had to resist the urge to blow him a kiss, knowing being snarky wouldn't help his cause. He led Leo out to the motorcycle, offering out a helmet for Leo before taking them to the shops. It was a bit of a fight, of course, trying to convince Leo to let him buy presents for Jordie, trying to argue that Jordie had gotten Leo many gifts without a care to the money. It was the thought behind the gifts that mattered, after all.

They arrived home to an empty house; Colin probably at work, Jordie probably at work, the twins out in their own homes with their own lives. James walked in, moving to set his groceries on the table. "While everyone is out, Leo, do you want to help me make dinner? I can teach you how to make a good family meal, something nice for the holidays." James slid off his leather jacket, draping it over the back of a chair.

Leonardo had barely looked at his grandfather as they left the house. He was a little worried that his grandfather wouldn't ever let him back into the house or would have him doing double the work over the next holiday. He'd just need to be sending his homework back to his grandfather, to make sure that his grandfather saw that he was doing it, and doing it properly. But they left the house and he was taken to the shops. Fighting a great deal with James to be able to get something for Jordie, he didn't want to get something bad but also didn't want to get something that was disappointing.

When they got back to the Michaels' home he was feeling pretty tired. He gave a little nod, "I know how to make dinner, Mr Michaels," he replied, Leonardo took off his jacket and neatly placed it upon a chair. He stood at one of the counters and waited for instructions. he knew how to make dinner but if James wanted him to help make dinner he was absolutely about to do that. He'd help out. It was in leo's mind the least he could do. "Just tell me what to do first,"

Last edited:
James chuckled. "I wasn't saying you didn't, silly," He countered easily. "I just meant I'm showing you a family recipe." He propped a hand on his hip. "Now, we're going to start with a nice seared salmon starter, with a nice creamy soup to accompany it, then move on to a main courses. We make three; I've actually already started the first- a beautiful spiced beef. To do it properly, you rub the beast down with brown sugar and put it to rest in the fridge for two days. Pull it out again, rub it with a scrumptious mix of black peppercorns and juniper and allspice berries- crushed in a pestle and mortar and mixed with ground cloves, salt, and saltpeter, of course. Then you toss it back in the fridge for another week of resting before finally pulling it out again, the meat is cooked very slowly in the oven- about 5 hours. We'll pull that out in about an hour, then it's left to rest for another 3 hours, got it?" James rambled happily. He'd been planning this for a little while, after all, but that was alright.

"We're also going to throw in a beautiful, honey-glazed, clove studded ham. To top it off we're doing a gorgeous roast pheasant dish- turkey is more traditional but we prefer roast or duck," James explained, moving about the kitchen to gather things and occasionally pointing Leo in the direction of some others. "It's not a proper meal without at least four different potato sides. Here, we're going to do a lovely potato gratin, some homemade chips, a twice baked potato with my own special spin- once it's baked we're going to scoop out the innards, mash some potatoes, then refill the potato with a fluffy, gorgeously seasoned mix and pop it in the oven again for a lovely little crisp on the skin and cheese melt, and a side of roasted potato and veggies- carrots, celery, Brussel sprouts, Broccoli, and I like to toss in some lovely little scallops."

James chattered easily to Leo while they worked to prepare the meal, happy to share. "For dessert we're going to make a lovely little sherry trifle- trifle sponges soaked in sherry along with lots of fruit, jelly, and cream. Traditionally there's a fruity Christmas cake and minced pies as well. We alter this just a touch; instead of the cake, I like to make a nice little cake parfait for everyone, with little bite size minced pies, about two dozen." James threw Leo a smile. "Tradition is always something to respect, Leo, but it's also good to take your time and put your own spin onto it- make it your own, make it really feel like home." He encouraged, nudging the boy gently. "This is a meal that will take hours to eat- we gather round as a family, spend hours upon hours just talking and laughing and being together. I know everything we're cooking today will feel like small portions for a family of seven, but that's alright, we all get a bit of everything."

When Leo had said he knew how to make dinner, what he hadn't expected was for all that James would say, it was so much…so many steps, taking so much time. He could cook simple small things, things that didn't take too long, that he'd been able to make for a couple of years now. Just…this was a lot of steps. He felt immediately completely out of his depth, especially as James talked about sitting around a table for hours. He knew he'd done something like it with his family, one of the times his dad was around, but...he couldn't remember when that last was. Leonardo hadn't even really done anything, and Leo just wanted to sit down. But it would be rude to do that. ”Okay sir, what should I do first?” he asked, his voice uncertain but remaining serious.

James chuckled, moving about the kitchen. "Honestly, Leo, you could just sit and keep me company if you'd like." He offered, working idly. "I enjoy cooking. I'm sorry if I'm talking too much... I just want to keep you involved, you know?" He chuckled. "You could talk to Jordie about it later, if you want. I just... I feel like as a family, it's about being together, culture, knowing where we come from and where we want to go." He tossed Leo a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back