Starting to surface again

Crispin nearly balked at the idea of borrowing anything from anyone. He did not need charity. He fell into step beside Lily and reluctantly nodded. "I could use some. Thank you." It was hard for the Slytherin, even though he knew she was trying to help, and she was. It still fell on his pride to not have the things he'd once had.

"When is your first game?" Although he would not be playing on a team, he would definitely be in the stands.

"Not a problem, Crispin. One of my best friends is about your size and I know he would be glad to help." She looked up at him and smiled. He was about the same size as Sumner, and knew that he would let her borrow his stuff. He would do it for her. "Games start shortly after Halloween. Last year they were all scheduled in the second term and I was ready to collapse at the end of it. Not only practices and games, but schoolwork and exam prep was a killer. Too much at once, you know?" Lily was glad for the expanded schedule, and hoped for an easy game the first time. "We play Hufflpuff first, then Gryffindor and last up is Slytherin. I am curious to see how the teams line up this year."

Crispin wondered who her friend was but refrained from asking. He would borrow the gear and be thankful when it protected his hide from whatever was dished out up in the air. It wasn't like he was being asked to keep anything. He nodded and listened to her speak of the Quidditch line up. Not for the first time did he wish he had taken the time out to try for the Slytherin team. Seventh year, last one to do everything he had missed out on. He could still practice though and go to the games.

"Wise move, staggering the games. I couldn't imagine trying to practice then play that many games, as well as study for the NEWTs." He glanced at her with a small smile playing about his eyes that crinkled at the corners. "Do you think you'll get the cup again this year?" Even as he asked, his inner snake cried out for a Slytherin victory.

"I think we have a good chance of keeping it," Lily replied. "We have a pretty awesome captain and we all work amazingly well together. I haven't been on such an awesome team since the Assault was together." She smiled, looking over at Crispin as they walked, not letting on that she was the captain.

"So, you think you will come watch my games? See how the champions roll?" she said with a grin and a wink.

Crispin chuckled, the first real laugh he'd had a while. "I rather think I will, especially since I heard the captain was pretty hot," he joked. His hand accidently brushed against hers and he glanced at her before continuing to walk toward the castle. "Enjoy that title while it lasts," he bantered, "until Slytherin takes the title,"he finished, smirking good naturedly.

Lily blushed and gave Crispin a surprised look. "You heard she was hot? Really?" she asked. "From who?" She was a bit surprised about that. Then again, Lily hadn't paid attention to guys around her outside of Blake and Ford until recently. "Oh, I will enjoy the title. I don't plan on letting it go either. Slytherin will bow to Ravenclaw. Again," she added with a smirk of her own. Lily was into this. The banter about Quidditch, the slight brush of his hand against hers. She was excited to see where this would go. Even if they were just friends, it was going to be a fun relationship.

"A dead man tells no tales. Which," he smirked, "I would be should I divulge his name. I can't imagine she could be prettier than you though," Crispin spoke truthfully. Lily really was striking. At her comment about Slytherin bowing to her house, he snorted. "You can borrow it, you know."

Lily blushed again, still not used to receiving complements from anyone but Blake, and it felt good. "Well, I am positive she will be thrilled to know she has a secret admirer out there. Hopefully, he isn't a creepy stalker or anything." She smirked as they walked along, knowing full well that she was the captain, but not telling Crispin. She was curious as to who was the guy he had heard it from. "So not gonna tell me who she needs to watch out for?" She nudged him with her shoulder, then added, "No need to borrow it when it won't be leaving."

Crispin laughed, a full gut laugh and for a split second it shocked him before he gave in. Still chuckling, he regarded her. Smart, pretty, strong, very attractive. He wished he could feel something for her, or for anyone else, besides Andy, who guarded her heart so strongly. Lily would be a good friend though, he sensed and was grateful for it.

"Creepy stalker no, admirer possibly." He thought of Ashton and knew he still wouldn't tell. "I live with the guy and trust me, I know what Slytherins are capable of." He chuckled again.

Lily's eyes widened when Crispin mentioned that it was one of his roommates. "Hmm. Interesting. I will have to check out who your roommates are, see if its anyone I'll want you to set me up with." She winked at him, leaving things open for any possiblity.

Entering the doors to the castle, she turned to Crispin before heading up the stairs. "Thanks. See you tomorrow then?"

Crispin only smiled, something he was getting used to doing in her presence. "Maybe." He thought of the two guys he bunked with and thought maybe she'd hit it off with Blake. He was a nice guy, they might just hit it off.

He nodded.
"I'll be there. See you Lily." With that he walked away to head down to the dungeons and start his homework. It'd been an eventful day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back