Starting to feel familiar

Keith Mercer

Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Returning from a much deserved break and a great holiday with his kids Keith settled at the Staff Table as his eyes scanned over the many students. He found his daughters face chatting away to a friend and he smiled to himself. He was becoming a much lighter person in these recent times. He had a girlfriend now and his job at the school was turning him soft. It wasnt a bad thing at all really.

Keith wasnt feeling too hungry, so instead he sat sipping a butterbeer. He felt like he hadnt had the drink in forever. He knew there were quite a few new Professors so perhaps Keith would introduce himself to some, although he hadnt really met the older Professors, so maybe that wasnt a great plan. For now Keith simply sat, enjoying the Great Hall as it became more and more pleasant to spend time at the castle.

Jacqueline walked into the Great Hall and paused at the door. She saw both of her daughters sitting at their respected tables. Kiera looked sullen and Kat was chatting with a boy. Jacqueline saw a familiar face up at the Staff table. She was surprised to see Keith here. She made her way up to the man and pulled up the chair beside him.

"Hello stranger." she said with a dazzling grin. "I didn't expect to find you here." she said honestly.

Keith watched as Taylor smiled at a boy sitting at the Ravenclaw table. Scorpius Knight if Keith remembered correctly from his classes last semester. He raised an eyebrow and looked up, only to see a face he hadnt seen in a while enter the Great Hall. He let a smile reach his face as Jacqueline Burke pulled up a chair beside him at the Staff Table. "Well hello." He said in return, with a grin of his own. "I would have never expected to see you here." He admitted with a light chuckle. "Your one of the new professors?" He asked curiously. He wondered what position she had taken. It certainly was odd that he see her here.

Jacqueline laughed. "I never would have thought you would become a Professor. How long have you been working here?" she said asked, wondering when the last time she saw him had been. Jacqueline was still getting used to this job. She was however, glad that she had taken it. She just wished she could make Kiera see that. "Yes I am." she said grinning again. "I am the Professor for fifth through seventh years transfiguration." she said, wondering what he would make of that.

"I didnt think I would myself to be honest." He laughed along with Jaqueline. "I've only been on for one semester, but Im enjoying it alot. Potions professor for the 1st to 4th years." He smiled as Jacqueline informed Keith of what position she had taken. "Well congratulations, Transfiguration, great subject." Keith admitted truthfully, it had been one of his favourites back in school. "You enjoying the job so far?" Keith asked, taking another sip of butterbeer.

Jacqueline flashed Keith a smile. "Thank you. Congrats to you as well. What made you decide to come work here?" she asked curiously. Jacqueline enjoyed Keith's company and was happy to know someone here. "My first class is today so I will have to let you know how I like it." she teased.

Keith smiled back at Jacqueline, still finding the situation somewhat odd in a way. "Im not sure, my daughter attends the school and frankly I was bored with my life, wanted something new. They had an opening as a Potions Professor and I used to work with Potions, so it seemed like a good idea." Keith chuckled as he finished. "What about yourself?" He asked in return.

Keith nodded at her answer, he looked forward to hearing how she felt about teaching. "Its great that I now have someone that I know here. I can only count on visits from my daughter for so long." He said absently. He had never spoken to other teachers and Taylor didnt stop by very much anymore so he did get lonely while teaching. Now he had someone to chat with at meal times and all the other occations.

Jacqueline smiled as he answered her question. It made sense to her. "Well, two of my three children attend school here. I wanted to be closer to them since I was not around much when they were younger. I applied for transfiguration professor. Transfiguration, Charms, and Potions were always my best subjects in school." she said smirking. Jacqueline had been Head Girl and mostly good at all of her subjects.

Jacqueline nodded at his response about knowing someone at the school. "I agree. I do not know anyone but my two children and I only expect I will get visits from my youngest." she said with a small smile. She was glad she would not be as lonely here as she thought she would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back