Closed Start the Year with a Magazine

Violeta Finch

Fashion / Creative / In Love (Guinevere)
OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 16 Inch Sturdy Cedar Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Violeta Finch had a lot to celebrate now that she was in a relationship with the prettiest girl in her dorm, and she got a stack of wizarding and muggle magazines all about fashion and what is up to date. Violeta had to keep up with the latest styles, although her attire right now was not in style right now. I was only the school uniform. Her hair was straightened as a pin, and flowed over her shoulders and mid back. Wavy was in style as well as straight, so she would alternate between the two.

The Ravenclaw took out her camera and took a picture of the younger students at play. This might be a good addition to the yearbook but she was not too sure. Violeta took out her notepad after setting her camera down. She started to sketch a small design for the yearbook, wondering if she should submit it, once. She was finished. Violeta was not sure, but Vader seemed to be really nice. He was a great leader, but wow was he named so badly. She felt somewhat bad for him.

Returning to school meant that finally the winter weather was starting to ease up. This was the first year Acacia had spent the entire holiday with Cedar in New Zealand instead of returning home to California, and the chill was beyond too much. Acacia needed warmth and sunlight, and if she never saw another snowflake again, she'd be happy. So as soon as days good enough to go outside began popping up she took immediate advantage, carrying a stack of magazines outside to enjoy the fresh air. She was looking for a place to sit when she spotted a classmate who seemed to have had the same plans as her, and though Acacia hadn't spoken to the Ravenclaw before, she saw no harm in trying to make a new friend. Smiling, she approached the girl, trying to remember her name from class. "Hey, Violeta! Same idea!" She said cheerfully, holding up her own magazines. "Which ones have you got?"

Violeta glanced up from her magazines to see Acacia Dunn. Not that Violeta ever talked to her, but she knew her from her constant days putting together the yearbook. She was a Hufflepuff and in her year. It was a crime not to talk to other girls like herself, but now that she had Gwen, Violeta didn't need to flirt with anyone anymore. And, she had a bunch of fashion magazines as well. Finally, someone she could talk to other than her girlfriend. She motioned for the Hufflepuff to have a seat next to her.

"I have them from both the magical and muggle world. It is the only way to keep up with styles," Violeta explained. "What do you have in your hands?" Violeta asked, no doubt that they would have similar ones. If Acacia kept up with the latest fashion, that is. Violeta had to see though. She collected almost all the names she could think of. But, there might be some that she herself would not have.

Acacia sat down next to her classmate happily, peering over Violeta's magazines. "Oh, cool! I don't have any muggle ones, but my mom sent me these from home." She smiled, showing Violeta the magazines she had brought. Acacia had looked into a few kiwi magazines but she had a fondness for the ones she was used to back home, and had been relieved when her mom had agreed to forward them on to her, even though she didn't especially approve of Acacia's passions. Acacia mostly collected makeup-focused magazines, though she had a few dedicated to fashion as well. "What are muggle magazines like? It must be so weird without the pictures moving!" She said curiously, peering at Violeta's collection. "Muggle fashion is so cute though!"

Violeta checked out Acacia’s magazines as well, as looking at hers. Not many were the same. It looked like Acacia’s magazines were geared more toward make up than fashion. Violeta did not wear much because her Veela heritage. She didn’t need to enhance her beauty. It could also damage others by hurting themselves while staring at her. “Muggle fashion is pretty cool. I like how comparing it to the wizarding world since our world seems to be years behind.” Violeta shrugged her lean shoulders. Violeta opened one of her muggle ones and showed it to Acacia. “I need to see if my girlfriend is interested in fashion. I want to say it is but I haven’t brought it up.” Violeta casually let that slip in, since she also wanted to see what Acacia would say about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back