Start of a friendshship

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kasey woke up with a yawn and turned off the alaram. Realizing it was Sunday, she smiled and with a wave of her wand opened the blue curtains of her dorm allowing sunlight to flood in. Kasey took a slow shower, enjoying the cold water against her skin and shampooed her hair with her favorite strawberry shampoo. Dressing in a casual yet stylish outfit, she ran a comb through her damp hair and decided to leave them open.

She checked the time on the diamond watch that was on her wrist. It was 9.30 so she decided to go to the Great hall for a breakfast. She knew it was the most important meal of the day yet this Ravenclaw had been skipping it from the past week as the workload on the fifth years was increasing with every minutes. OWLs was the first thing on their list, followed by Qudditch and Kasey's prefect duties.

Walking into the Great Hall where everyone seemed to be enjoying their delicious breakfast, Kasey found herself a seat on the Ravenclaw table. Seeing the food items she could eat, cookies and coffee, was what this fifth year selected. From some months, Kasey had started giving more attention to her looks as well as her diet. She had become choosy when it came to food and clothes. Nowadays, Kasey wore stylish clothes and ate a proper balanced diet to remain in fit health.

Pouring herself some coffee from the transparent jug, she read the Daily prophet. The newspaper didn't have anything of Kasey's interest so she put it away and started nibbling with her cookie.

Raff woke up early and lay in bed for a while, trying to will himself back to sleep. Accepting failure because he was never one to sleep in late, he jumped out of bed and had a quick shower before getting ready for the day. It didnt take him long at all before he was wandering into the great hall. Allowing a small yawn to slip through his lips he took a seat at the Ravenclaw table. So far he was yet to talk to any Ravenclaws. He only really had two friends. Andy and Hadan. They were both Gryffindor and Slytherin.

Pulling some pancakes onto his plate, Raff poured himself a cup of tea while he was at it. He was taking a sip of his tea when he noticed a girl sitting in front of him placing a newspaper away. He used to always read the newspaper back in France, but over here he was too busy focusing on his owls he hadnt got into the latest news. Placing his tea down he asked, "Anything interesting going on in the world?"

Kasey looked up as she heard a voice speak to her. It was a boy from her classes but she couldn't recall his name. "Nothing of my type. If you are interested in trials and Ministry affairs, it might be a good read" she said to him and then took a sip of coffee. "What's your name?"she asked him with a slight shy smile.

"I am Kasey" she added letting out her hand for a shake. She wondered how many transfer students Hogwarts was taking this year. There were three Ravenclaw fifth years, boys, all transfers. "Where are you from?"she asked out of curiosity. She wondered how many other wizarding schools there would be apart from the ones she knew.

Nothing Raffael could take interest in then. Raff smiled back at the girl. "Im Raffael, although Raff is fine." He now recognised her from his classes. Taking her hand he had to get up slightly from his seat to reach across the table. "Nice to meet you Kasey." He said, trying to be as friendly as he could. He needed all the friends he could get.

"Im a transfer from Beauxbatons. Lived in France all my life." He said with a grin. He had decided not to mope about leaving France anymore. Although he still occationally missed the place and preferred to be alone to mull over his previous life. But when he was around others, he left it out of conversations now.

Kasey shook hands with the boy whom she now knew as Raffael. "Nice to meet you too" she said with a smile. As Raff mentioned about coming from France, her face lit up and she said excitedly "That must be fun" and sipped her coffee."So, will you go back to France in holidays or just stay here?"she asked her wanting to know more about Raff. "I lived in England but two years ago I moved here with my family" she informed him.

She ate another yummy chocolate chip cookie as she looked at Raff wondering how Beauxbatons might be or how it would be to live in France. It was one of Kasey's hobby, travelling, she liked it very much. However, she hadn't been anywhere apart from Canada once to see her family friends.

"It has its benefits." Raff said with a lazy grin. "Not sure." He admitted, not really wanting to share his story about his family just yet. He had after all only just met the girl. "How about you? Going to stay at Hogwarts for the holidays?" He asked in return. He nodded when she explained how she lived in England. "Oh okay, cool." He said with a grin and a small nod. He took another sip of his tea and then jabbed his fork into his pancakes, taking a bite. He had to admit it was so much harder to talk to people when he was older. First year, making friends was easy. Now everyone already had friends and such, so it was difficult to fit in.

"I am going home" she said with a slight sigh. She would of course love to meet her mom but Ben wouldn't be there and instead Daniel was coming from Dumstrang. Kasey didn't want to face Dan once again, this time, it would be for a month. "Apparently mom can't stay without me" she added finishing her coffee.

"What electives have you chosen?" she asked Raff as she ate another cookie her mind thinking weather some bacon and eggs would be good on this Sunday. "I take Divination, Arthimacy and COMC" she added, finally serving herself with some eggs and eating with her spoon. "So, whom do you have in your family?" she asked him. It was nice to talk to someone with the same age. After all Kasey hardly knew any of the Transfer students and they seemed nice except for the Slytherin lot, one of whom had put the prank of placing a charm on a paper to make it float on Kasey's head which said 'I am Pretty Princess'

Raff chuckled slightly before taking another mouthful of pancake. Although he was laughing he felt a slight pang in his chest at the mention of her Mum not being able to go without him. He disregarded it though, he was just being stupid. When the subject changed to electives, Raff was greatful. "Im doing, Arithmany and Ancient Runes." He admitted with a small smile. "I almost took Care of Magical Creatures, is it a good class?" He asked, wondering if his choice not to do it had been a bad one.

The subject went back to family and Raff shrugged tightly. "Well, Im an only child, with just my Mum and Dad I guess." He said simply, his eyes on his pancakes as he took another mouthful. Soon realising he was eating whenever he was nervous. A tiny part of him knew his parents didnt care, but that part was blanketed under so much denial that Raff rarely thought about it. "How about you. Have any siblings?" He asked with a smile, looking back up at her face.

"Yeah, it's a great class. Last week we saw a fight between a troll and some other creature. All the creatures are very interesting" she told Raff. Kasey was full by now having eaten almost five to six cookies and drinking a cup of coffee. "I have an elder brother, he goes to Dumstrang" she told Raff as she wondered how it would be like to be the only child.

She didn't want to think about that. She was too lonely in her life and wouldn't want to imagine Ben not being their in her life. "He's a pain at times, too irritating but he loves me " she said with a grin. "My mom works in the Ministry in the department of Magical transportation thus she is very busy so it always Ben that's around" she told Raff more about Benjamin. "What do your parents do back in France?"she asked him curiously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back