Start New

Oscar Fossil

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Hogwarts was just how Oscar had left it. It was really like nothing had changed, and yet a number of things had. A new set of first years for one, and a few new teachers. That was all. But it didn't bother Oscar, he hadn't expected a lot to happen. He didn't think there would be any dramatic changes in staff, and obviously there would be a new first year class. It was always going to be like that. However Oscar was glad to just be back. He was glad to be able to walk the halls, and sit in the classrooms. Listening and taking notes about whatever the professor was teaching. It was normality at it's best. And Oscar loved this about Hogwarts, just the fact that apart from the whole magic thing it was normal. And for this Oscar was grateful. He did not often have normality. His dance life had not been normal, and his home life, was less than normal too. All in all hogwarts was Oscar's safe haven. Away from all those that would distract him. For Oscar was a relaxed person. He didn't see the point in worrying, or stressing. He didn't have much reason to stress. it was really very silly to do something of that sort.

On this morning Oscar had made his way to the Great Hall for a spot of breakfast before the day ahead of him. He work his usual dark faded blue jeans and a grey t-shirt. He had his vans trainers and his hair was messy. The usual Oscar look. Oscar entered the hall and walked straight over to the Ravenclaw table, without even looking around for an old friend. Andie, or Sapphire. But It didn't cross his mind as the smell of food took over and drew him in. He poured himself a glass of pumpkin juice and took a bit of toast and began to eat. His mind was like most other days elsewhere. He liked just being at hogwarts. Just being there. He did however want to meet and make more friends.

OOCOut of Character:

Sorry, it's so lame.

Sapphire pulled her hair back as well as she could as she walked into the Great Hall. She had not had time that morning to do anything to it because she had been up late with her newest copy of The Adventures of Alicia Dracul and Balinda Bliss and woke up late. She loved the graphic novel serese even if it did take so long for the books to come out. She wanted very pationly for each and every single one. Sapphire pushed a tendral of soft brown curls out of her face and saw someone who she hadn't seen in a long time. It was all it took for Sapphire sort of pounce into him in a strong hug. Well as strong as small Sapphire Clow could manage. 12 years old and she was small for her age. White Knight how I've missed you. How are you? Where have you been? Where among the many question that seemed to be shooting out of her hands as soon as she thought them.

Sapphire had not been so fast with her hands before but seeing as there where a few people here that spoke in signs she had praticed a lot. Her penmenship was a lot better too but this was because she had made it that way. She had missed Oscar like no one else. She had even gotten over Silence leaving. She knew that his name was really Danial now but to her he would always be Silence. Hello Silence my old friend. Sapphire thought if a silent giggle. She was waiting for Oscar's responce now even though she nearly shivering with exsitement for seeing him again.

As he sat, alone, pondering his thoughts, Oscar was taken from behind into a massive hug. It felt famailiar, although he'd been away for a while, so he was unsure how a hug could be familiar. But then again it really was familiar, as Oscar looked round and noticed who it in fact was, he put his arms around the small girl and hugged her. He had missed Sapphire. She was his first friend, and he really had found it interesting that she didn't speak with words but rather, spoke with her hands, and her eyes. Oscar had through silence at his first school, been able to pick up on emotions through silence, and he'd learnt a bit of sign language as there had been a girl in his year that had used it. The girl had been deaf, but, Oscar had no idea what was wrong with Sapphire, and he didn't ask. It wasn't his place, and anyway, Oscar preferred not knowing, He had his own problems to deal with, and didn't want to have consider other peoples. It was just the way the Ravenclaw worked. He noted that it was clear that Sapphire had missed him, and it had been the same for him. He'd missed her as she was just one of these people, that was fun to be around. And simple. There were never any real strings attached. "I've missed you too. Like seriously. I'm so happy to see you." Oscar said to her, smiling, and looking overall just pleased to see her. Oscar had now seen the majority of his old friends. And while this really was somewhat annoying he could understand why it would take so long to see all his old friends. However Oscar was now ready to get started with some new friends. But first, and what was really at the top of his list of things to do was see Andie. His best friend. The girl he always had fun with and was able to talk to as if she was one of the guys. Oscar liked Andie, he was sure a lot than Andie liked him.But this was Sapphire he was with. His other best friend.

"Family issues. Lots of drama. I'm so glad to be back. You don't realise how much you love this place until you leave. Seriously. How are you?" Oscar asked her. He spoke normally with her, he didn't slow down or alter his words. He knew that Sapphire wasn't stupid and it would be insenstive of him to do something of that sort. He was human and so was she, and unless she told him to slow down, Oscar would not. It was just the way it was with him. Oscar wasn't really in the mood to talk about his home experiences, so he added "But, everything at home is fine now, I just want to focus on school, I am a Ravenclaw after all right. But really how are you? How have you been?"

The boy that she had met on one of her first ventures of out Bella-Donna Manor was the boy that Sapphire had thought about as nothing more than a friend. Sapphire had her crushes. Usually asian or really smart or so much older than herself. Sapphire Clow loved Oscar too much for her to see him as anything more than a big brother. The kind of brother that she believed Jasper would have been if he had not been tainted by Dympna. Happy you could make it back. Things at Hogwarts have been quiet for the most part. There are a few issues with the older students but it seems like the second years have just kept their heads down. Sapphire sighed then put her hand over her lips to say that she was laughing on the inside. Oscar knew better than to dumb things down for her. She was probobly smarter than a lot of people here. Then again she was prorobly shyer than a lot of them. She was working on that.

"There was an insadent in the house not too long ago with my mother and one of my older sisters but other than that I'm fineShe signed knowing that Oscar knew how to keep his silence. Ruby decided to go to Beauxbatons and she seems really happy there. She speaks just fine in french though you would think she came out of victorian age if she spoke English to you. She said with a laugh in her smile. She played with the coper wire she had entwined in her hair. She made it look like she had a pair of tesla coils for pigtails.

Oscar took a bit of bread and slowly ate as Sapphire talked of Hogwarts. It was nice to speak to her again. After all that had happened in his family, it was nice to speak to someone that he consider to be his extended family. He had discovered that he actually had no real sisters, just half sisters. And it had been a shock to him. It had been a good thing in a sense, because his relationship with his half sister, previously thought sister was a lot better. She had what she wanted and so did he. One was at ballet school, and the other was at HOgwarts. He was sure he'd drawn the better straw, but then he was sure that his sister thought the same way. He was happy at the school and this was where he wanted to stay. He knew it wasn't exactly great to only think of himself and being apart from his father. but Oscar felt like he had the right to do that. He much needed to just be himself rather than whatever his family thought he should be. It was the usual case of the selfishness. "if you have any more problems, come tell me, I'll sort them out." Oscar said, in a tone, which said that he would help, but that he might act voliently in doing so. Oscar had quite a bit of a anger, and he knew it. He was one that when angered could really throw a punch. He tended to not fight back when he could avoid it, but Oscar didn't care anymore. If someone picked a fight with him, then he would fight back. And he would show them to not mess with a Fossil. Because being a Fossil was pretty awesome. Before Oscar would have never said that, but times had really changed for him. He nodded again as she continued to speak. Speak, being a losely meant term. He didn't know who Ruby was, he couldn't remember her. But he kept nodding, making sure that Sapphire felt like he was listening, because he was. He knew it would be hard to believe that he was just as silent as Sapphire was, but when it came down to it, Oscar preferred the silence to the noise.

"I'm glad you're okay. I'm sure her english doesn't sound that odd." Oscar said. He felt trusted in her prescences. As he felt like her could trust Sapphire with his darkest secret. Oscar put down the bit of bread he'd been picking at and leaned in slightly. "You can't tell anyone, Sapphire, My sister, is only my half sister. And I had another half sister too. My family, and the other family. The Fossils and the Delaneys were not faithful to each other." Oscar said quietly to her. Giving her part of his story. He knew he could trust Sapphire, she was a trustful person, he hoped. And anyway, what did it really matter, it wasn't like she could tell very many people. But He trusted her to not say.

Speak being a reletive term but then when she was with Oscar it really was like she was talking. It was always like this when she started signing with someone that knew what she was saying. This wasn't to say that she didn't have a way of making people understand her when they didn't understand her signing but it just felt more confortable this way. Sapphire listened to what Oscar had to said and nodded. "I know what it's like to have siblings that don't quite get along." She signed with a wide smile. Her family was not really her family something that she was going to be able to tell people soon enough, when she had the curage to do so. The spells on them made all the children scared to death of telling what went on in the Bella-Donna mansion. Not that there where many in the condition to tell. Sapphire's voice had been taken and Ruby's mind had been scrambled. In English anyway.

"Still it must be hard for you." She signed. If there was a nicer person in the world Sapphire had yet to meet them. Well the boy she had started to sign to no too long ago was one. "My brother and sisters are all adopted. Our mother says that we where all orphans before we came to her. But still I know what it's like to have family that doesn't quite match to one another." Sapphire said with a nod. She knew that this was something big that he was sharing with her and if he didn't want her to tell anyone then Sapphire wold keep her hands to herself. She was also giving him a hint of what her home was like. A hint and nothing more. If she ever took Oscar or any one else to Bella-Donna manor it would be because she wanted them dead. Sapphire would never take anyone to Bella-Donna manor. Not even the boy that picked on her from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back