OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curved 17 Inch Unyielding Birch Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Valerius was having a rough time. Who even was he? He felt... out of place, out of sorts. Why was everything so rough? Some days he couldn't tell if his friends were even his friends or if they were just stuck with him. And his love life... gods, if that wasn't a mess. He found that he couldn't sleep, so he got out of bed and wandered about the castle a bit. It was growing closer to curfew, and most students had already found their way back to their houses. But Valerius was just... feeling restless, he supposed. Deciding he needed fresh air (but not wanting to wander too far), Valerius made his way over to the North Tower. There was a spot here that was great for star watching. He found the window he wanted, propping it open before he settled into it, staring morosely up at the heavens. A soft wind ruffled his hair, and he sighed softly, shutting his eyes and just letting himself start to relax.

Professor Sarah Harrington had been a teacher here for many years now, she had seen many students come and go. She often took over the nighttime patrols in the upper towers as it was most easy for her to do so. She already lived up in the towers and was often up late at night studying the heavens. She left her devices to read measurements for her and started her rounds. Turning a corner she spotted one of her fifth-year students sitting in a window. He was a good student, and a Ravenclaw like herself. It made her wonder why he'd find himself up here all alone this late at night. "Mr. Bianchi," she said not so much using her teacher tone, but a softer version so as to not spook him too much. It would be her worst nightmare if she spooked a student right out of a window.

Valerius was drawn a bit out of his thoughts when he heard a voice, and he turned slightly, offering a small smile to the woman. "Oh, good evening, Professor," He greeted her, shifting to face her more. "How are you?" He asked, polite above anything else. No matter what was going on in his head, he knew better than to just let it all out- things didn't tend to go well when he did.

Sarah had raised two girls before and had been a teacher for many years. She felt as though she had honed a skill in being able to read their faces when they were hiding something. Looking at Valerius the middle-aged woman felt as though something might have been troubling her young student. Of course, it might have been the scene he had put himself in by sitting in the window that made him look extra angsty that evening. "I'm fine, starting my nightly rounds, it's getting close to curfew time," she said reminding the boy of the time that he'd need to be in his common area. Glancing out the window Sarah noticed how clear the sky was that evening. It was perfect for looking up at the stars which made her wish she didn't need to patrol the castle as curfew set in. "How are you this evening? Not often I see any students milling about up here," Sarah questioned wondering if he might need someone to talk his thoughts to.

Valerius blinked. Curfew? Already? He ran a hand over his hair, but before he could reply, she'd asked a question. He waited a moment, considering how to answer, choosing his words carefully. "I'm alright," He offered slowly. "Don't you?" He returned the question, peeking back out the window and up at the sky. "I don't see why not, this is one of the best spots in the school for star gazing." He turned back to her, giving her a carefully polite smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back