Standing outside while he naps

Sydney Caine

OOC First Name
Summer
Wand
Bois d'Arc Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Crystallized Dragon Fire
Sydney stepped outside, into the hallway, to let Sam have some sleep. It didn't take a healer to know he needed all the rest he could get. She turned to look at the other girl who had followed her out, the ginger one he wasn't dating. For some reason she felt like they wouldn't make particualy good friends, or unlikely ones at most, but she made an effort. A friend of Sams' was a friend of hers. For now.

"I'm Sydney, you are...?"

Siobhan closed the door quietly behind her and spun toward the blond girl who had stopped. She introduced herself as Sydney.

"I'm Siobhan," she replied. Sydney definitely seemed to have an attitude in Siobhan's opinion, but she tried to shrug it off. "So, you're a friend of Sam's?"

'Sydney nodded, biting back a sarcastic reply. She sighed, feeling it was only right the girl got some things straight before they continued speaking. "Okay, you're probably going to think I'm a know it all, moody cow and I'm honsetly not going to care but you gotta know. I'm talking to you because we are obviously both worried about Sam and he gets annoyed if I'm mean to people he likes so I'm going to make an effort here. I'm going to try and be nice and, in return, you're hopefully going to make it easier by not telling me what house you're in, especially if you're in gryffendor, not making a fuss that I'm a Slytherin and not comenting on anything bad you think about me. Is that okay?" Sydney let out the breath she had needed to say the sentance and waited to see if this girl would be an ally or an annoyance.

Siobhan listened as Sydney spoked, her head inclined in a little, very surprised. She wasn't sure anyone had ever spoken to her that way. Taken aback, she tried to speak, but couldn't think of the exact words to say without putting Sydney off. Her brain rattled as the gears worked inside. Scratching her head, she shrugged and puffed her cheeks, then exhaling slowly.

"I..guess that's okay?" she stuttered, a little confused. She didn't like the fact that Sydney was only going to be nice to her because she had met Sam the one time before school had even started. "I won't complain. I don't." She was trying to think of the right words, still. It wasn't as if anymore introduction was needed. "I like to get along with people.. just don't be mean if you can help it. But of course, if that's the only thing you know how to do, then I suppose I'll have to accept the fact that some people are just like that." Had those words actually come out of her mouth? She bit her lip for a moment, curious as to whether her statement would backfire on her.

Sydney studied the girl, seeing if she was kidding or telling the truth. After a minute she determined that Siobhan was telling the truth. "Okay then... Can we pretend, for the purpose of me trying to actually like you, that you are a Ravenclaw or Slytherin? I know it sounds wierd but I'm a Slytherin so, naturally I'm not going to like a gryffindor and Sams' really the only hufflepuff I like. If you don't want to do that we can pretend you don't have a house." Sydney was actually smiling now, this girl was willing to go along with a little deception game just so they could be civilised towards each other. "Oh, I will be mean at some points. IT's a habit I'm most likely o be overly sarcastic but I'll try my best not to."

Siobhan was, yet again, taken aback at the fact of Sydney trying to believe she was in another house. She crinkled her nose and put her hands on her hips. "Well, I'm not very smart, and I don't have much of an evil factor, as you can see," she said, gesturing between the two of them. "So, just no house, I guess."

Siobhan nodded and gave a wry laugh. "Alright, then. I guess we'll just have to be civil to each other for the good of everyone, sarcastic remarks included."

Sydney nodded, glad they had that sorted out. After a second she realised they had nothing to talk about. "So...?" She allowed this other girl, Siobhan, to lead on their conversation.She really had no idea what Gryffindors' spoke about seeing as her conversations were more likely about teasing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back