Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 16 Inch Swishy Laurel Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
The last rose of Rose's day was particularly exciting, as it was for Hayley. She had kept it a secret from her friend somehow, but now she wished she knew where to find her. It took her a while, but once she spotted her she grinned. "Hey, Hayley!" She shouted through the corridor, before heading her way. "Wait up! I got something for you!" She waved the yellow rose above her head eagerly.

Hayley turned abruptly as she heard a familiar voice behind her. "Oh, hi Rose!" She grinned. "You've got a rose for me, huh? Are you sick of everybody making terrible rose puns at you yet?" Hayley had known Rose was handing out roses, of course, but she hadn't expected to get one from her friend. That must be awkward. On the other hand, it meant there was someone who knew better than to try and find her in Slytherin house. Hayley had already had far too many people attempt to deliver them to her there, where she spent as little time as possible.

Rose laughed loudly. "Of course not, those are the best part! I've been the one making them the most." She said with a grin. "Anyway, here it is. I don't know who sent it but it wasn't me because I didn't send any." She said as she handed the yellow rose over to the Slytherin.
Note said:
Dear Hayley

Thank you for being my friend. You've been so nice to me, ever since we met, and I'll never be able to thank you enough for the kind ears and the fun hangouts. Let's draw together again soon!

-Ainsley Lynch

Hayley chuckled at Rose's admission that she had been the one making the puns. Of course she had. How could she expect anything less. "Thanks. Oh, it's from Ainsley, remember that other friend I told you about?" Ainsley! Now Hayley felt guilty. She hadn't thought to send a rose to Ainsley, she'd been so caught up in her idea of sending drawings to the girl gang. She didn't know what sketch she could have sent to Ainsley though; they hadn't really done anything together worth drawing since they'd met, when Ainsley had been upside down in a tree. She'd have to give her something in return, though.

Rose grinned widely. "Ohh, the mysterious Hufflepuff smoochy friend?" She asked teasingly, though at a lower volume than normal. She wasn't a total jerk. " Can I see?" She asked, trying to peek at it. She still didn't quite believe there was nothing more to Hayley's kiss story, and figured the note in her friend's hand might contain some secrets.

"Don't," Hayley said, but lightly, to give the impression she didn't really care that much. If they thought this was a valid thing to tease her about (it was), her friends would never let it go. "I told you, that was an accident." She smiled and handed the note over. "Sure." There wasn't anything in it that would make Rose doubt her (true) story, and it might assuage some of her friend's unusual suspicion. Didn't she realise that if there was anything going on the girl gang would be the first to know?

Rose was glad her teasing didn't seem to really upset Hayley, but it only meant she wasn't going to stop easily. The situation with the accidental kiss was hilarious no matter how you looked at it. "I know, but its a funny accident. You have to admit that. You would tease me too if it were me." she had no doubt about that. Rose giggled as she read it. "Kind ears." she said, grinning. She poked one of Hayleys ears, "never knew they were so nice." she teased.

Hayley crossed her arms and turned her nose up as though she was offended at the very suggestion. She held the position for just long enough to make it seem like it might actually be genuine, then grinned abruptly. "Yeah, I would." She actually was a little annoyed about this, but Rose's next comment drove it out of her head. Hayley had wondered about 'kind ears' too. "I'll have you know my ears are the kindest in the castle," she joked. "Not the rest of me. Just my ears."

Rose laughed at Hayleys annoyed expression, but was relieved when her friend admitted she would. It made Rose feel like less of a jerk. She giggled at Hayley's joke about her ears. "Let's just invite your ears to the next sleepover then, you can hear all the gossip but not speak." Last time they had played truth or dare together in an empty classroom at night, a lot of interesting information had been brought to light. Like the whole Ainsley situation. "Did you send her one too?" Rose asked, ever nosy. She knew Hayley said nothing was going on between them, but Rose knew a kiss wasn't nothing. It could have been the start of something, even if it had been an accident.

Hayley giggled along with Rose. "Where's the fun in that? Particularly since it seems like I provided at least half of the gossip last time." She hoped this would serve as a mild chastisement; however she felt about Ainsley, the others were picking on her. It seemed most unfair, especially in the light of Rory's far more intriguing (Hayley thought) not-quite-admission about Aodahn. Hayley glanced at the ground, embarrassed. "No, I didn't and now I feel bad about it. Even if I had thought of it, I couldn't think of any fun moments with her to draw, though."

Rose shrugged. "We'll just bother Rory about her crush instead." She joked. "Or maybe me or Harley will have picked one up by then." Rose had been thinking of crushes lately, especially with Valentine's day. But she didn't think she had one yet. Though, she wasn't entirely sure how that felt, so how could she know for certain? Rose grinned devilishly. "You could have painted her kissing you." She teased, knowing she was pushing it.

"Oh, we should definitely use any excuse to bother Rory," Hayley agreed, but her heart wasn't in it. She felt a pang of painful emotion she couldn't identify at the suggestion that Harley might have a crush. The idea was darkly alarming to her. As for the idea of painting Ainsley kissing her . . . Hayley gave Rose a shove, playfully, but just hard enough to show she meant this was too far. "Rooose. Shut up. You know it's not like that."

Rose laughed at being shoved, shoving her back. "Fine, fine." She said, patting Hayley's arm. "Don't be so sensitive, I know it's not like that." She smiled. "Do you wanna come grab some food? I'm starving after delivering so many roses." She linked arms with Hayley. "Let's go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back