Spinning in Circles

Antonia Valkyrie

OOC First Name
Charlie
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Flexible Yew Wand with Boomslang venom Core
It was a nice day, Toni deciding that she could use the time to just wander around and familiarize herself with the castle she would be staying in for the next seven years. It was strange to think that she would be away from home for so long, already her heart was yearning for her bed and her room and to see her brothers again, but for now she would just have to wait and stick it out till the Christmas break. Not exactly what she wanted to do, but it was not like she had a choice in the matter. As much as she wanted to, Antonia knew that she couldn't just pack her things and leave the castle, it wasn't like there was an easy way for her to get home either. No, she would just have to get used to the castle and all its secrets. In the end, it might even turn out to be fun learning all the different rooms and secret passageways though the short girl sincerely doubted that. The only things she enjoyed the most was Quidditch and learning about the Dark Arts, maybe swimming as well if she was in the mood for it.

Walking out into the courtyard, Antonia let out a long breath before sucking in the fresh air as she looked around, squinting as the sunlight danced in her peripheral vision. Fingers tugged at the collar of her shirt a little before moving down, loosening off her Slytherin tie to let in a little more air before she started sweating like a pig. She was thankful she decided to leave her cardigan and robes back in the common room, it was starting to get so hot she was considering rolling up her sleeves. In the end, she decided against it as her feet started to move again, spinning her body round in circles as she tried to memorize the area in front of her. As the world spun, Antonia failed to see the person coming towards her and didn't have the time to move out of the way as they crashed into each other. It wasn't her fault, this person failed to move out of the way.

Stumbling her eyes narrowed at the person, "Didn't you see me or something?" She snapped rather brutally, "I was in once place, you walked right into me."

OOCOut of Character:
Hope you don't mind if I jump in on this ^_^

James had alway enjoyed his long walks around Hogwarts. Unlike many of the other students, he'd enjoyed the place since the beginning of his time there. He was able to work hard at subjects that he enjoyed profoundly, but what made the place so special to him was the beauty of it all: the elegance of the architecture, the scenery stretching away before him in any direction, and the wonderful people who staffed and worked there. Hogwarts had felt like his true home since he'd arrived, and he was afraid of leaving. Becoming a prefect had been a shock, but most of all, it drove home to him that actually, he was only a few short years away from leaving. Already, they were about three weeks into the semester.

So every day, he took pleasure in his regular walks around the castle and its grounds. Today had been no different from his usual, breathing in the cool, fresh air, a Spring breeze lightly ruffling his hair and robes. But then, suddenly, rounding a corner in the courtyard, he crashed into a small girl. He was usually one of the only people about, and he virtually never met anyone out here, at this time in the afternoon. Stumbling backwards, he tried to put in place a reassuring smile. "Sorry, my mistake. I never meet anybody around here usually. It's a beautiful day though, I can see why you want to take it all in." He judged her to be a first year from her build, and hoped he wasn't scaring her by being a prefect. Then again, he thought, she was a Slytherin. Hopefully she would turn out to be one of the nicer kinds, rather than the harsher.

It was just her luck that the boy she had managed to bump into was an older Gryffindor prefect, it was probably best, she decided, not to annoy him too much. And so lowering her attitude just a notch she eyed the other boy a little before folding her arms over her chest as she continued to just gaze at him. "No harm done," were the first words which slipped out of her mouth. It wasn't really that big of a deal that he had bumped into her, accidents, did after all, happen. Antonia was just glad that the bump hadn't been too big and she hadn't fallen over from the force of it, then maybe she might have been a little nastier to the boy in front of her, even if he was a prefect.

Looking upwards her eyes quinted a little as the sun, taking a moment just to gaze at the clear blue sky before she looked back down with a small nod. "It is a nice day," she mused, tucking a long strand of raven hair behind her ear. "Though I suppose that this is weather we should be used to seeing as we get a lot of it,"she shrugged a shoulder, "but it is better than raining down on out heads.
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back