OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The ride was rough and once there Cecily fought the nausea, literally willing herself not to get sick, for the sake of Niccy. "Okay," she huffed,"breathing through her nose. Let's get you in." The entrance was clean, the walk long but soon they were ushered to an availabe room. As she sat there with Nicolette, holding her hand, she wondered what exactly was wrong with her.

Nicolette held Cecily's head as she fought off a strong wave of nausea. Apparating in general was never really fun in the first place, but doing it with this nasty virus, or whatever it was didn't exactly make things any better. What if something is seriously wrong with her, what if she was going to die?! "Okay, Cecily...what if something is seriously wrong with me?" She turned to her best friend and gave her hand a tight squeeze. Nicolette was honestly scared and really wanted an idea of what was wrong. She may have been a healer, but she honestly had no clue what the explanation for this was. "Why is all of this happening to me." She buried her head on Cecily's shoulder and sniffed loudly when she felt like she was about to cry. This was far beyond being fair and Nicolette wanted nothing more than to start bawling here and now. She was tired, sick, and feeling like the world was on her shoulders...all in one.

Cecily rubbed her shoulder, wrapping her arm around her. "It's okay. It'll be okay. I'm sure you're just run down from everything." She believed her own words, because it had to be okay. Fear of finding out about James, their own separation, even the headache and heart ache of Alexander had to be working against Nicolette's nerves, making her sick. "They'll see you and they'll tell us what's wrong and we'll fix it, you and me. I'll take care of you." She thought of the vacation time she had saved up and even if it meant cutting her own honeymoon short, she'd take the time to help her sick friend.

Nicolette sighed and nodded against Cecily's shoulder. she wanted to believe everything was okay, she really did. But at the current moment it felt like nothing would ever be the same for her again. Just as she was about to ask Cecily how everything with Prodan was going a healer came into the room and motioned for her to follow him. I'll be back." She said to her friend softly before she weakly stood up and followed the healer our of the room.

//About an Hour later//

Nicolette walked back into the room where Cecily was at. A deep and thoughtful look was on her face, she somewhat looked as if she had actually just seen someone die. Walking over and sitting next to Cecily, Nicolette sighed once she sat down. "I know what's wrong with me..." Her voice trailed off. Unsure what she could say to her best friend at the moment. Usually something like this would be good news to her, but not now. Anytime but now would have been perfect for this. Without further word she brought her hands up to her face and rested them there for a moment before she removed them and turned to look at her best friend with the darkest color of gold eyes that she has had in years. "Cecily, I'm pregnant." Nicolette bit out quietly, as if she was almost trying to convince herself of this fact. Why her? Why now of all the times in the world could this possibly happen. Why 'him?!'

Cecily flipped through the old copies of Witch Weekly, foot swinging impatiently as she waited. Footsteps alerted her of Nicolette approaching, she swung her head toward her friend. She was so pale. Reaching for her hand, she held it as she told her she knew what was wrong with her. Niccy hesitated so long that her stomach began to roil; what was wrong? Was it serious? Then the truth came out. Pregnant. Nicolette was pregnant. Her mouth opened and closed a few times before she snapped it shut.

"We don't-," she stopped, pushing her hair behind her ears. "We don't have to discuss this here." There were too many prying eyes, listening ears. And she wanted to know everything. "Let's go home and get you settled in. Tea and some toast will calm your stomach." Smiling in what she hoped was a reassuring way, she hugged her close.

Eventually the overwhelming desire to burst out crying had finally taken over and a few tears fell from her dark golden eyes. Although Nicolette had always adored children and knew she'd sometime want some of her own, now was probably the worst time ever for her to actually be having one. She was a Death Eater, on the run from James, unmarried, and too busy to even begin to think about raising a baby. "W-what am I going to do?!" She sobbed, she felt so bad that Cecily had to deal with the terrible decisions that Nicolette had been making lately. But honestly; she had absolutely no idea what she was going to do now.

The idea of tea and some toast sounded really good right about now, but she didn't know how it would help. They wouldn't fix the things she had done, they wouldn't bring the forgiveness of the people she is going to hurt by his, and they certainly wouldn't help her raise the baby. "They asked me if I wanted to keep it or not, as easy as it would be to just give it up. I couldn't..." Nicolette had told them she wanted to keep it without any hesitation whatsoever. "But...I really have no clue what I'm doing..at all." She wondered if everyone felt like this or if it was just her.

"Shh." Cecily hugged her close, rubbing her back, trying to will her to be calm. "It will be alright. This will be fun," she said, her lips twitching, trying desperately to cheer up her friend. "You and me, pregnant together. Prodan can run to get us pickles and ice cream at three in the morning. We can share maternity clothes and help each other decorate the baby rooms. And Niccy, once I marry Prodan, the house is yours. All yours. And we can have our floo networks hooked up, so if you need me or Prodan, you could just yell." She drew back and looked into her friends eyes. "You're not alone, I'm here for you. Always."

"Let's go home."

Nicolette couldn't help but release a small giggle when Cecily talked about how much fun having a baby with your best friend sounded. She was pretty sure that her friend meant every word she said when would do those things. At least someone would be looking out for her, but Nicolette was sure she wouldn't be able to do this on her own. The whole concept of being a mother was new to her, and quite frankly she was afraid she would fail at it. "Thank you Cecily." She hugged her friend even more tightly when Cecily said that she was giving Niccy the house, of all the things for her to give her....she was giving her the home that they had made so many memories in. It was truly a gift of friendship.

"Can we go home now? I'm starving for some pasta." She rubbed her flat stomach after she felt it rumble. One thing Cecily was surely going to have to do before she left was teacher her how to cook, otherwise it'd be toast 24/7. Turning to smile softly at Cecily, she showed her friend that she would be alright for now.

Cecily smiled and sighed inwardly in relief as Nicolette calmed. "Pasta and movies it is," she promised, walking with her to the apparition point. Once there she dispparated them back to their house. "I'll cook, you sit and relax," she ordered with a soft grin, going into the kitchen. She didn't ask about the father's role in the birth. Once Niccy was ready to talk to her, she would. For now, they would spend this time together and help each other plan for the future.

Nicolette sat on the couch and picked up the locket that hung around her neck as Cecily went off to make some pasta. Out of everything that she was worried about, telling the father was probably at the highest right now. 'I wonder what Alexander will say...' Her thoughts shifted to him for a moment before she shook her head an released her locket. Thinking about things that he would say, think, or do was making her feel worse than she was earlier. Maybe she needed to get some more advice about how she would go about it, she couldn't just not tell him. That would not only be inconsiderate, but chances are he would figure it out eventually.

"H-hey Cecily, how did you tell Prodan that you were pregnant?" Nicolette asked her friend loudly enough so that she could hear her from the kitchen.

The meal was prepared fast, as most pasta dishes went. Cecily used magic to float in the tray and set it on the large coffee table. Sitting beside Nicolette, she picked up a napkin and laid it across her lap. "Oh," she smiled sheepishly. "Um, dig in and I'll tell you." She'd made spaghetti with vegetables on the side and crunchy yet soft garlic bread. She told her how she had gone to Prodan's office, to welcome him back to the school, then ended up just blurting it out. "He was so happy of course. Hugged the stuffing out of me." She laughed, as she could now since time had passed, at what had happened next. She left out the part about Aleyha and Teddy, as it wasn't relevant.

"Will you tell the father?"

As Nicolette ate her food slowly, she listened to Cecily's story about how she told Prodan. It was pretty much as sweet at she had figured it would be, those two were seriously like a bowl of ice cream. Well known and uber sweet both all in one. She was glad that Prodan seemed to be happy about the baby, he seemed like he would be a good father. Just like Cecily would be an amazing mom, it was almost surreal to the point of it being like one of those soppy romance movies that she and Cecily always watched together. "That is so sweet, have you guys thought of any names or anything yet?" She was tempted to suggest her name, but that would be uber silly. Taking another bite of her food she wondered if Cecily was going to have a boy or a girl, either would suit her well actually.

"Well...I'll try to tell him." She shrugged her shoulders and gave her friend a worried look. "But I don't think he'll be so pleased about it though..." Honestly, she was afraid he would reject her and the baby. Or worse, tell her to get rid of it. There was a huge group of possibilities and all of them seemed pretty likely to happen. Men were hard to read when it came to these things.

Cecily twirled the pasta on her fork, using a spoon as a counterbalance. "Thanks," she murmured, smiling before taking a bite. It hadn't turned out bad, was delicious in fact. "We haven't really talked about names yet. It's still so soon, maybe after the wedding we'll have a few moments to just relax on our honeymoon and toss a few about."

"I wish I could be there for you when you did tell him. I know he might not be supportive, but it's right of you to let him know, instead of him finding out through other means." Finished with her plate, as she always put away food rather quickly, she set it aside and picked up her tea, leaning back into the couch. "You think he'll be upset?" She knew Alexander to be an unpleasant sort but also knew Niccy could take care of herself. Should he become violent, her friend would just drop his arse.

Nicolette snickered lightly. "I'm sure thinking of baby names won;t be the only thing you two will be doing on your honeymoon." She snickered a bit longer before she shook her head and popped some more of her food into her mouth. As much as she knew it wasn't nice to keep teasing Cecily and Prodan, it was such a terrible habit. those who obviously cared about each other and that was something special even if they had an issues with self-control.

"I might call you for some back-up if I need to. If I know him like I think I do, he's not really happy about anything...so he'll probably be upset." Her smile faded and she soon abandoned her food to clutch her locket again. This was going to be more of an issue than it was really supposed to be.

Cecily chortled with delighted laughter. "No," she mused, grinning, cupping the tea cup between both hands, "knowing my future husband like I do, I can say that won't be all." She laughed along with Niccy and was happy for one moment where they could share a laugh like they used to before everything became a mess. "Just knowing he's at the school, just a floor below mine," she trailed off and stared into space before jerking back to the conversation with a laugh. "Anyway."

"I'll be there in a flash if you need me, anytime Niccy." She sipped the tea, enjoying the hot liquid for a moment. "I hope he gets over it quickly." And as much as she wished that Alexander would step up and be a good father, the man was mental. She didn't wish him near Niccy or her baby as he had proven himself unstable. Yet she would support her friend in whatever choices she wanted to make.

Nicolette blinked in confusion for a moment before it hit her that she had forgotten that Prodan got accepted to the Muggle Studies Professor...or one of them at least. Why anyone would want to teach a subject like that was completely against her, but she wouldn't try to rain on his parade. "I swear to god if you two don't behave..." Nicolette shook her head not even wanting to finish the sentence. Those two were really something else sometimes, it was sort of cute though, even it at times it also got disturbing. "I guess I'll have to bug Prodan with all my muggle question then huh?" She felt foolish for asking weird questions like that, but muggles were awful hard to understand at times.

"Like I said, he seems to always be in a bad mood, so who knows? He may not want anything to do with the baby." Nicolette stated honestly as she pushed her empty plate away from her and glanced at Cecily before she looked down at her locket once again. This small piece of jewelry seemed to calm her for some reason, maybe she was just really glad to have it back or something.

Cecily set the tea down on the table and brought her knees up, stockinged heels resting comfortably on the edge of the sofa. "I make no promises," she stuck out her tongue, a childish act she hadn't indulged in for years. "But we're being good. Honest," she nodded, eyes opened innocently wide, though the grin that spread across her face was anything but innocent. "I'm sure Prodan would be happy to answer your questions. I've already heard good things about his classes."

At Niccy's words she frowned then touched her shoulder briefly. "It'll be okay." Although how with Alexander she had no clue. The man surely wasn't father material. "The little one will have Aunt Cecily and Uncle Prodan there too, if he doesn't. You and your baby will have people who care about the both of you," she smiled. "I know he gets into bad moods, but he can't be all bad. Maybe he will want to be a part or at least acknowledge his child."

Nicolette playfully rolled her eyes at Cecily's behavior. She seriously hoped Prodan and her behaved while in the school. The last thing anyone really needed was for the teens to attempt and follow their example or catch them, that age group never really made the greatest decisions in the world. "Good, I think one baby is enough for you two right now." She winked and picked up her cup to take a sip of her tea. "Besides, the desk sounds extremely uncomfortable." She shrugged her shoulders and took another quick sip, trying to avoid from busting out laughing.

"Apparently he's with kids a lot, so he's got to like them at least a little bit." She shrugged her shoulders, then again not everyone always did what they liked in life. Maybe he was only doing the job he was doing because he had to or something.

Cecily hid a yawn behind her hand, the days events not to mention the high levels of emotions, had taken their toll on her. She became sleepy a lot sooner than usual and had taken to turning in early. Tonight, she could feel, would be one of those nights. Unfortunately she wouldn't spend it falling asleep in Prodan's arms, but then again it would be good to sleep in her own bed for a change. Not to mention give them both their space, as soon they would be married. She smiled. Then laughed at Niccy's comment. "I've no idea," she grinned. Not yet, she mentally amended, though kept that to herself.

"Well that is good then. Maybe he'll be happy to have a little one of his own." She rubbed at her eye, then rested her hand on her still flat stomach, a habit. "Do you want to watch a movie? Or rest?"

Nicolette rubbed her head as she weighed both options. She didn't feel tired enough to actually fall asleep as quickly as she would've liked, so her strongest option was to probably watch a movie and see if that made her any sleepier. "We should watch a movie, I'll let you chose this time." Nicolette stated as she pulled her blanket out form underneath her that she had been using earlier, and wrapped it around herself. Cecily always picked really good movies so she never worried that there would be a movie she didn't like being put on.

"Cecily...thanks for this. With you and all my other buddies I'm sure I'll get through this.." To Nicolette, this was just another obstacle in the road to becoming happy. Even if things seemed bad now, she knew they'd probably get better. Especially now that there was a baby on the way, she had always wanted children, and now that she had the chance she was going to try her best to become the mother she always hoped she'd be. Even if the situation was not only a bit unexpected, but so hectic. 'Maybe I should owl Alexander tomorrow, It's probably best that I tell him..' She cuddled further into the warmth of her blankets and smiled at Cecily and tried to hide her nervousness. For now she would enjoy spending time with her friend, and try her best to forget all those that seemed to be weighing her down. Just like James used to always say; enjoy what you have before it gets taken away from you. That man may have been a killer and probably more screwed up in the head than any person she's ever met, he knew what he was saying. She just hoped he was wrong about her suffering....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back