Spending time with the one you love

Detrick Klein

Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Black Laurel Ward 141/2" with an Essence of Basilisk Fang
With a loud crack Detrick felt himself touch solid ground again, looking down he smiled as he saw he hadn't splinched himself or his girlfriend. "See that wasn't so bad now was it?" he said with a laugh as he gave Steph a quick kiss on her cheek. "Now tour guide," he started off, wondering how long he could keep that one going, "Where too first?" he asked as he looked around. The place didn't look too bad, plenty of shops, loads of people, not that he minded. Steph was the only person he knew in New Zealand and she was the only one that mattered to him. Noticing the crowds around them Detrick started to walk off in a random direction hand-in-hand with Steph figuring she would pull him in the direction of somewhere worth going, Merlin knows she had done it enough times already.

Steph felt like her whole body was being sucked up a tube, she couldnt breathe, but she clung onto Detricks hand, she had heard that splinching was quite uncomfortable.
As soon as her feet touched the ground and her eyes opened she looked to make sure Detrick was in one piece.
"That is so uncomfortable, i prefer flying." Steph smiled, her tummy twisted as her boyfriend kissed her cheek.

Steph laughed as Detrick took off in a random way. "Wrong way, come on." She pulled him in the opposite direction.

They were standing infront of Honeydukes. "Now that is the worlds best sweet store in the world!" Steph told Detrick, looking up at him.

Detrick laughed at Stephs reaction to the apparation. Personally he loved it, more than flying anyway but it took some getting used to he figured. "Yes but the splinters are a pain in the butt." he replied playfully, completely meaning to use the pun. Shaking his head off the conversation he ontinued to walk feeling Steph start to pull him again. "Where do you hide those muscles?" he asked with a surprised laugh, he had pulled him about since he arrived in New Zealand with a lot of ease, he didn't know his girlfriend was so strong, her tiny figure made sure of that. Detrick stopped outside a sop that Steph had dragged him too. "Oh is that right? Well I'll have to see this for myself." he said as he pulled his girlfriend into the shop. He was impressed!

Steph laughed at his choice of words, "That was really lame," she told him, nudging him playfully.

"Thats for me to know and you to find out," She grinned, she had always been strong, much stronger than other girls her age.

"Its awesome isn't it," Steph said, when they had entered the shop. "Do you wanna have a look around or carry on with my amazing tour?"
She was smiling, looking up at Detrick, she couldn't help but feel proud that he was hers. Steph looked away from Detrick, looking around the shop. There were a few Hogwarts kids, a part of her hoped she'd see someone she knew, but then again, most of the students at Hogwarts thought she was a complete emo nutter after her last few months at the school.

Detrick's laugh rang throughout the shop as the entered. He was blissfully happy, moreso than he had been in a long time. One thing though could be seeing as a common denominator in all the happy memories Detrick held close and that was Steph. She well and truly was the love of his life and he would never let her forget that - although with his promise ring he hoped she wouldn't. "While we're here I saw we buy a few things." he suggested as he picked up a bag and started to put random sweets into it.

Pat had finished work early that day as she had plans to go stay at The Styx Manor and finally see Niccy and her little brother. Patricia was more than excited about finally being a big sister, despite not being fond of the idea originally, she had finally come to accept it. Realising she had some time to spare before her dad had arranged to meet her so he could apparate her to the Manor, Patricia decided to treat herself with her latest pay-packet. Entering Honeydukes Patricia loosened her blue coat from around her and began to look around for a few of her favourite sweets. The shop was fairly quiet for the holidays but figured it was still early and parents had stopped children from going here until they had their schol supplies bought. Going up one of the isles she saw a couple beside her getting some sweets aswell. Looking up as she went to walk past them Patricia did a double take as she thought she saw a familiar face. "Steph?!" She exclaimed, not really sure if it was her. "Oh My God it is you! How the hell you been?" she asked, excited as she gave her a hug, completely ignoring the older boy she was with.

Steph giggled, watching Detrick shove sweets into a bag.

Steph heard her name, she looked up, Patricia Rogers was standing infront of her. She opened her mouth to speak, but she couldn't. Steph pulled her hand from Detricks, hugging her, still speechless.
"Patricia! I.. I've been great, well i got better.. er.." She stuttered, surprised. She had almost forgot about Detrick, until she turned and saw him.
"Erm, this is my boyfriemd Detrick," Steph said to Pat, "Det, this is Patricia, i used to go to school with her at Hogwarts."

Detrick continued to put a variety of sweets into the bag he had gotten, thinking that he may need to get another one if he continued to get so many. But his parents had never really let him have sweets so he was literally like a child in a candy shop. Detrick heard someone call Steph's name and he felt Steph pull away from him. Standing to his full height he observed the two girls who both seemed to be very happy and excited. Even though he didn't know who the new person was he smiled as he saw how happy his love was. Whipping his hand on the side of his jeans as he was being introduced to the new girl. "Nice to meet you Patricia." he said as he put his hand out to shake the girls hand. "Always good to meet a friend of Stephs." he said as he glanced down at his girlfriend.

Patricia couldn't believe Steph was here. Sure they hadn't been the best of friends back when they were both at Hogwarts but they were friends and when Patricia became friends with someone she would never forget them, one of her Hufflepuff traits. Patricia noticed Steph stutter and her eyes looked up at an older boy who was very close to Steph. "Oh!" Patricia said to herself as she realised who it was. Taking his hand Patricia shook it, "Nice to meet you too Detrick." she said with a small giggle. She caught the way Detrick looked at Steph and could tell that there was love in his eyes. Patricia smiled, she was glad that Steph had found someone who seemed to make her happy, she knew how much hurt she had received because of boys during her time at Hogwarts and someone as nice as Steph didn't deserve that. "So what are you doing in Brightstone then?" she asked the couple, not really minding who answered.

Steph smiled, watching her old friend and her boyfriend shake hands. She was happy to have seen Patricia, Steph had been terrified she had scared everyone off her when she stopped eating, speaking to anyone or attending lessons. It was nice to know there was someone who hadn't judged her by her depression.

Steph pulled Detricks hand into hers, entwining her fingers with his and pulling herself into his side. "Detrick is staying at mine for the holidays, I thought i'd show him around." She smiled up at Detrick, kissing his cheek quickly before continuing. "I've got an apartment up in the hills, I live with my cousins now." Steph told her old friend, smiling and pushing her orange hair out of her eyes.

Detrick let Steph take his hands and he slid his fingers inbetween hers, the perfect match. Detrick loved Steph, they were perfect for each other in everyway. He nodded his head along with Stephs answer as to why they were visiting today. "What she said." he replied with a slight nod of his head in Stephs direction. "This is my first time to New Zealand so I'm making Steph show me about." he answered further. "What about you, Patricia? Any specific reason for your visit today." he asked, hoping he was being polite and not rude to one of Stephs friends.

Patricia felt almost embarassed when she saw Steph and her boyfriends hand entwine. I wish I had a boyfriend she thought to herself. Wow where did that come from?!?! she screamed in her head. Patricia had never thought of such a thing before, she was happy with out a boyfriend - plus she was still too young. "Oh I didn't know you were living here Steph!" she replied. "No chance of coming back to Hogwarts then huh?" she asked with a playful smirk, knowing all too well what the answer would be. "So how are liking New Zealand then?" Patricia asked Detrick, seeing as it was his first time here. When her question was asked back to her Patricia figured there was no harm in telling the truth, she was trying to put everything behind her and it wasn't like Steph was going to be spreading it around the school or anything. "I'm waiting for Professor Styx to come and collect me before taking me to see my new baby brother." she said, wondering how Steph would react to the sentence, she hadn't given away that Professor Styx was her dad, but it was sure to raise a few questions.

Steph smiled, thinking about Patricia's question, there was no way she was returning to Hogwarts, she was happy at Durmy with Detrick, but it wouldn't hurt to have a look around..
"No, not at all. I'd like to go in again, have a look around, but not yet." She answered the question truthfully, she didn't have to hide her thoughts from Detrick, and Patricia understood, she was a good friend.

Patricia's answer to Detricks question surprised her, she raised her eye brows, before pulling them together in confusion. "Why would Styx take you to see your brother? If you don't mind me asking." She added, not wanting to be rude or nosey, it just seemed a bit odd, a professor taking a student to see her baby brother? Was that the new thing at Hogwarts?

Patricia nodded at Steph's answer to her question, she understood, of course she did, but she didn't mind. Steph was happy where she was and that's all that really mattered in the end. After Patricia answered Detrick's question Patricia watched both their expressions, shocked and confused…yep that's what she expected. Patricia shook her head when Steph asked if it was ok to ask her, she had expected one of them too because to anyone who didn't know it would seem like a strange situation. "Well.." she started off with a sigh. "Last summer I found out some interesting news! Styx is actually my dad. And there's this woman I know, she's a good friend - older though, much older; well you see...um…they had a son a few months back, my brother to be precise." She said with a small laugh, it was weird saying all that out loud, she hadn't told anyone that yet.

Detrick smiled and nodded his head, "It's great so far!" he said truthfully, even though he hadn't seen much of it yet, what he had seen was pretty darn good. Like Steph, he frowned his eyebrows when he heard Patricia's reasoning for being in Brightstone today. He didn't know who this Professor Styx person was but it definitely was a strange situation. When Steph asked the question that had been on his own mind he waited to here the reason. When he did he couldn't help but laugh slightly. "Wow! That's one messed up situation. I feel sorry for you." he said, his laugh trailing off, feeling bad for having done so to the girl he had just met. "Sorry." he said, stopping his laughing.

"Yeah it is pretty messed up, it must be so strange!" Steph couldn't imagine how it must be like finding out her dad wasn't really her dad, true Steph doesn't speak to her parents, but it would still be pretty messed up.

"Its okay now though?" Steph asked, worrying about her friend, she wouldn't cope well in that situation, but Patricia was a very different person, maybe she had just took it on the head, and gotten used to the odd situation.

Patricia laughed along with Detrick, she learned long ago that she had to laugh at the situation or she would cry and she had done enough of that to last a life time. “No need to apologise.” she assured Detrick, it wasn’t his fault that the situation was laughable. Nodding to Steph she continued, “It was strange at the beginning, still is.” she said shaking her head slightly. “And I’m dealing with it a bit better now. I’m still not happy with it, but you should have seen me at the beginning of the year. I was a mess about the whole thing.” she said, glad that she was finally out of that rut. “Oddly enough it was Niccy that helped me during it all. And now...well she had his babies.” she said, laughing at how it sounded. “Life’s just great isn’t it?” she said, rhetorically.

Steph smiled, glad her friend was over the worst of it.

"How is your little brother? I bet he's cute, right?" Steph asked, changing the subject, she didn't want to upset Patricia by talking about things that had upset her in the past.

Patricia was glad of Steph's subtle subject change, not that she minded so much talking about the whole thing but it just sounded so strange to say it all out loud. When Steph asked about her brother Patricia shook her head, "I'm not actually sure. Today will be the first time I meet him." she said, her voice showing hints of excitement. "But Niccy is really pretty and well you know what Professor Styx is like." she said laughing again, hoping Daminos got Niccy's looks over their father. "Actually I'm going to be late for meeting dad so I better run." she said, setting down her practically empty bag of sweets, not really fussed about not getting anything, meeting up with Steph was better than sweets any day. "Anyway Steph it was great catching up. Hopefully it won't be so long until I see you again." she said as she gave her friend another quick hug. "And Detrick, very nice to meet you." she said, shaking his hand once more. "Have fun. Bye guys." she said, rushing out of the shop, not wanting to keep her dad waiting.

"Aww, I hope you have a nice time," Steph smiled, almost jealous. She had always wanted a little brother.

"Okay, I'll write you soon, Patricia." Steph promised, letting go of Detricks hand again to hug her, Have fun Steph smiled, "You too. Be sure to tell me all about your little brother!"
She watched as Patricia walked away, before turning to Detrick.

"Wow, I havn't seen her in so long." She said, taking his hand again, "It feels kinda strange."

Fail! Sorry >.<

Detrick couldn't believe that the girl whom he just met, her story just seemed to be getting even more ridiculous but he knew she wouldn't be lying about it, it's not just something you can make up. Feeling a bit sorry for the girl, yet still finding it hard not to laugh a bit he watched as she and Steph said their goodbye's, "Likewise Patricia." he said as their shuck hands. Watching her leave he turned his attention back to his girlfriend. "A good strange or a bad strange?" he asked her, wrapping his fingers around her own once more. "She seems really nice at least." he said with a smile, glad that there was at least one person who remained friendly with his girlfriend from Hogwarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back