OOC First Name
Annabelle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Amy was down by the lake practicing spells. She found being by herself at the lake was calming, and it was particularly quiet that day. She had her notes scattered around her, all held down by rocks and stones so they didn't get caught in the wind and taken into the water."Wingardium Leviosa!" she waved her wand, pointing at her bag. It was heavy than she was used to, but it was important to practice with different weights. She nodded and lowered her bag.

Amy pointed her wand at a stone and said,"Accio stone." The stone flew towards her and she grinned. The last time she had tried that, she got bruise from a different stone hitting her. She tossed the stone into the grass behind her, where she was collecting a pile that she had successfully caught. She had plans to put them all back after and was worried that it might take a while until she turned around. There were a handful of stones. She turned back and laughed.

Daintree was as ever looking for something that he could do. He was feeling pretty bored, with the exam coming up so many people had just settled down to study or were working on homework and Dain was just not about that kind of thing. This to him was still a very temporary thing. No sense over working if he’d maybe manage to convince his dad to let him leave at the end of the school year. As he wandered around the school, he spotted a girl, a hufflepuff girl he’d become friends with using magic and gathering up rocks. With nothing better to do with his time and an appreciation for the fact she was practicing but doing something a little more interesting that was enough to draw him in to go speak to her, ”Amy! Hey!” the boy said as he approached her, giving a little wave and making sure he had a friendly smile sitting on his expression, ”What are you up to?” the boy asked with a curious expression. He could tell what she was doing, it was fairly evident but perhaps there was a reason behind it. Perhaps she was doing something less obvious than it appeared.

Amy looked up when she heard a voice behind her."Hi Daintree!" It was her Slytherin friend, who she had hung out with a few times."Oh, I'm just practicing. It helps me to use different weights." She paused."Which sounds a little strange, but it works. That's why I have a pile of stones behind me."

Daintree smiled at her when she spotted him, and nodded, he listened to the explanation of what she had been doing with all of the rocks and everything. He could figure that it was something like that but nodded at her confirmation. He couldn’t see why she would need to practice just to get better about it. ”Do you really think it helps get better at the spell?” the slytherin asked. He wasn’t sure it would really affect much, how could it. It was a spell, surely it was universal and what she was just doing was just getting better at the spell, nothing to do with the weights maybe. ”That’s a lot of rocks, how long have you been practicing for?” he wasn’t too interested in practicing along side her, what if he couldn’t do it nearly as well as her and that wouldn’t be the best thing for his own ego. He might be keen to be friends with her but not really at the expense of his own ego.

Amy shrugged when Daintree asked if using different weights helped with the spell."I'm not sure, it could just be a mental thing." Amy looked behind her when he asked how long she had been practicing for."I'm not sure. Not too long, I don't think." She wasn't sure if she wanted to ask Daintree if he wanted to practice with her, since a lot of people felt uncomfortable practicing with other people.

Daintree looked at Amy as she countered with her point and nodded lightly, maybe it was a mental thing, maybe it wasn’t, there was so much about magic that didn’t make that much sense that he was curious about. The slytherin could admit in his hatred of this school and in his hatred of so many parts of it he was very curious about how it worked, how the wands worked, how it all worked. The boy just smiled at her, ”Do you mind if I join you?” the boy ended up asking despite himself, he hadn’t thought he would but the boy wanted to keep up their friendship and knew that that might mean doing a little magic in front of someone else and trying to not compare themselves to them. ”But I haven’t been practicing for ages, so I’ll start with small rocks,” he made a light joke, to explain why he’d start at a different level that she was at and hoped that would explain why.

Amy smiled at Daintree."Of course you can join." She motioned for him to sit. She nodded at his comment."You get the hang of it, it's pretty easy once you get used to it. Kind of like riding bike!" She laughed, since she hadn't ridden a bike in years, but it was the saying that fit. She focused on a stone and said,"Wingardium Leviosa!" It began floating.

Daintree took a seat where she motioned and gave a little smile to her, ”I do like riding bikes, pity we don’t have bikes here at Hogwarts,” Daintree missed his bike, he missed most of the muggle sports that he had once engaged with. It was just that Hogwarts had one sport and nothing else. It was a rather interesting sport but also just not enough of other sports or opportunities to play for him to really get behind it. The boy looked at her as she focused on a stone and then did the spell. He took out his own wand and focused on one of the smaller stones before saying, ”Wingardium Leviosa,” he was pretty pleased when after a moment of hesitation the stone began moving and floated in front of him. He would’ve disliked to have not gotten the first go at the spell wrong. The slytherin just smiled easily, ”Where are we putting them then?”

Amy nodded."It's strange not having things like bikes. I guess it's because they're seen as Muggle things." She watched as Daintree performed the spell."Just back there," she motioned to the pile of rocks behind her."We can put them back later."

Daintree nodded in agreement, ”It’s a pity, cause bikes are really fun and easy ways to get around,” the boy had been a little disappointed by the fact he had been told to not bring his bike, and though he understood a certain element of not having the space for it, and only being able to do it outside, there was also a massive quidditch pitch, so really why not. The slytherin put that thought away however as he focused on doing the spell, he then looked to where she had clearly piled them high and directed his there with a little smile. He did the spell again on a different rock and repeated the motion. Maybe he’d been a bit quick to judge this, it wasn’t that bad. ”This isn’t nearly as boring as I thought it might be,” he said with a surprised but with warm tone. ”Are you doing any other spells you’ve learned?”

Amy sighed. She missed riding a bike."When I go back home for the summer, I'm going to try riding my bike everyday to make up for not doing it now." She laughed, because that seemed a little crazy. She looked behind her, and saw the huge like of rocks."I've really only been doing this one, since I struggle with it the most. But I would be happy to work on some others!"

Daintree looked at the girl and nodded in agreement, ”Same!” though he was sure he would spend some time doing other sorts of muggle sports that he hadn’t gotten to do in the time he was at school, like biking, like surfing, like rugby or football, he would definitely go camping again, he was a little frustrated that in a school like this with so little light pollution he didn’t get any opportunity to spend time outside and just enjoy the night sky. He looked at the stones and smiled, ”It’s a good spell to practice really,” the boy agreed with a little smile, ”Plus, it’s not like you can practice Accio with stones, might end up hitting yourself with a hard rock,” Daintree chuckled lightly at her. ”I like this spell though and it’s good to practice it,”

Amy laughed."If my reflexes were good enough, I would practice Accio. But I would definitely end up with bruises everywhere!" She nodded."This is a pretty good spell." Amy did love magic, but it was tiring having to practice the same few spells over and over again. Though, it wasn't much different from dancing, which she enjoyed."I wonder how many more spells there are to learn."

Daintree chuckled lightly at her response, he could say the same, perhaps playing it with something that wasn’t rocks would be better, but there were only a few options of items they could use the spell at out here in the gardens by the water’s edge, so of course they had to take that into account. But it would be cool to practice that spell too, he didn’t often get to do that. The slytherin did however think that they could still have a little fun, or maybe practice something else, ”What about the counter spell for accio, like depulso or something, we could practice that? One of us throws a rock and the other has to depulso it away,” the slytherin suggested, he knew that he’d interrupted her practicing, but surely she wouldn’t turn that down, an opportunity to do another spell. ”There are probably hundreds to learn, I doubt we’d ever stop learning spells even after school,” Daintree replied with a little shrug.

Amy's eyes brightened."That's a good idea! Let's do that." She hadn't even thought about doing Depulso. She laughed."And it's a lot better than Accio!" She turned and picked up a stone, and said,"Here, you go first." She threw the stone in the air.

Daintree was pleased she took him up on his idea and he was more than keen to try his hand at the spell. He gripped his wand tighter knowing that if he missed the spell he’d also then have to move out of the way of a flying rock, so he remained as he put it agile. The boy watched the stones arc and then said, ”Depulso,” the boy said and was pretty pleased when it worked and the stone flew away from them both. He looked back at her and grinned, ”Okay now you,” he took a rock from the nearby pule that she had and gently threw it so that she would be able to do the depulso spell too. It was good to practice all of the spells they could. Even if he didn’t like the school he wanted to be good at the magic.

Amy held her wand and waited for the rock to reach a nice height."Depulso!" The rock flew away. She grinned. Oh, she loved doing magic! She picked up another rock for Daintree to have a try."Here you go!" She threw it in the air.

Daintree smiled at her as she managed to do the spell too. It was a little different from what they were doing but was equally as fun. He wondered if with the depulso spell, one could skim stones too, but he wasn’t sure it would be possible and so far all of the stones which they’d thrown hadn’t been of the right kind. He was careful enough with the spell as she threw another rock to ensure that the rock headed away from them again. Daintree looked at the rocks that they had at their feet and began looking for one that might be better, ”I think if you aim for the water, you might be able to skim this stone,” Daintree wasn’t sure it would work, but he was willing to give it a try, it would surely be good fun for them.

Skimming stones over the water sounded like heaps of fun. Amy had good memories of doing it with her siblings, but they had never used magic."Let's give it a try!" She found a smooth stone and got a few other rocks to prop it up. She wasn't sure how this would go, but she also didn't think it would work if she threw it."Depulso!" The top stone flew across the water, making two hops before it went beneath the surface."Hopefully there isn't anyone swimming right there," she laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back