spectrum.

Alliyah Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Wood Rose
The people who knew Alliyah Jackson deeply was aware of the fact she was not a shopaholic. Sure, she went to shops from time to time just to breeze through the newest trends and fabrics the wizarding world had to offer. But from time to time, a girl had to spend her entire day surrounded by shops that offered brilliant clothes and other accessories that can help improve her wardrobe. Alliyah was on one of those days, thinking that spending some money on a new outfit would not be so bad for today. The stillness of her home's atmosphere with her mother back in the UK was not her cup of tea, nor were the incessant ideas her father attempted to preoccupy her with. Ally wanted the day to herself and even the idea of shopping with her sole sister was not the thing she wanted to put herself into. Artemis was busy as of the moment and that left Ally to her own devices. Thank Merlin she thought of this idea. Shopping, to be put simply, was one of a girl's trusty friends.

Alliyah went to the section of the tops in Vibez and looked through the racks. Some were beautiful - stunners with their smooth material and classy design. Some were very chic as well and Ally was leading herself to the tops that were for casual wear and not for some fancy evening event. Her life being the perfect mommy's girl and the one who everyone thought was happy constantly was over. Alliyah was still a joyous person to be around. Her happy levels however expanded its range to partying till the dawn and being surrounded with tipsy people who she did not even know. That was why a new outfit complete from head to toe was what she was shopping for today, in case she was pulled into smashing events that could whip her sobriety out.

Everything was fabulously made in the shop. Alliyah knew that spending almost 1 hour in the place was not a waste of her golden time. Now that she moved to the women's pants section, she held up a pair of denims and examined them closely. Ally was certain she needed some more jeans and she could not decide if it actually was the color she wanted. The hue of the pants was so dark that Alliyah examined it for already a minute and still, she could not decide its color. The blonde looked around if anyone was nearby to help her and the nearest person was a grumpy teenager looking at some ripped jeans. She sighed and spotted a young man who was lurking around his section of clothes and she shyly approached him from the back. Timidly tapping him, she wished she did not appear too awkward as she felt. "Hi!" she started. Alliyah held out the pair of jeans she wished to question about. "Er, I was wondering if you could help me? I mean it's not like I'm taking you as an employee here - I just wanted a quick opinion of someone." The English blonde's thumbnail was now strangely scratching her other nails, feeling strange at how awkward she felt. She was only talking to a stranger, whom she now thought was pretty cute and he did seem like a nice young man. Ally smiled softly, "What do you think the color of these jeans is? There's no tag that says so, and I'm beginning to think it's extremely dark blue." Alliyah shrugged, surveying the jeans again. Really, she wanted to purchase these skinny denim pants but she could not do so without knowing the color of it! "Oh and I'm not color blind! I guess the lighting is just bad for my eyes? I dunno, really."
outfit

Samuel Harper, a name not many knew and still not many know. Though he was often found wandering the streets he didn't often start a conversation with someone, let alone someone who'd start a conversation with him. Sam didn't seem like, as one may call it, a social miracle but once he's being talked to he's a very friendly, yet awkward young man. Having his family and any old friends back in England and Scotland could be quite hard on him sometimes, but he often didn't mind being alone. He could manage living like he wanted and doing what he wanted without having to think about the consequences for others.

Sam's life in Scotland had always been very good to him. He had been raised with the idea of magic since he was little and on his eleventh birthday he found the letter he had always been waiting for on the doormat. His acceptance letter to Hogwarts Scotland. Happily the eleven year old boy had gone to the school, where he had been sorted into Ravenclaw, the house he spent the next seven years of his life in. A year after he graduated he had said goodbye to his friends and family and traveled to New Zealand. So here he is, roaming around the streets, observing people as they walk by and asking himself what their story would be. Was life as good to them as it had been to him? Or was't it?

This day Samuel decided to actually walk into a few shops and take a look around, instead of just walking past them. He walked into one of the shops and looked around while walking towards the men section of the shop. While he was lurking around he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. Sam turned around and looked upon a girl who seemed to be maybe a few years younger than him, holding out a pair of jeans. The girl looked like she felt rather awkward and Sam slightly raised his eyebrows after she asked him a question about the color of her jeans and quickly added a comment about how she was not colorblind. "Hi," Sam responded, looking at her a bit weirdly. "I'm sorry if this isnae the answer you wanted, and I'm sure ye'r nae colorblind.. But tae me the jeans are just dark blue." He answered to her question, his Scottish accent coming through, and he was hoping she would understand that he didn't pay attention to the colors of denim jeans. They were blue, they were all blue only some were lighter and others darker. He honestly had no idea what answer she was hoping to get from him, but he was pretty sure the answer he gave came nothing near it.

Alliyah balanced her weight on her right foot, waiting for a response from him. The feeling of having to appear comparable to a creeper made her uncomfortable, plus people who were cranky and foolish would certainly not believe her saying she did not mistake them for an employee in the shop. Out of most of the people she knew, Alliyah was the girl who tended to ask the weirdest of all questions to strangers out of the blue. That was how her brain worked and the curiosity to know the answer did not stop nagging her until she finally got the answer she wanted from another person's perspective. She fingered the denim material of the jeans as she heard the words flow out of his mouth when he greeted her. Ally bit her lip, missing the beautiful country of where his accent was coming from. She smiled at him, hearing his words laced with the Scottish origin evidence. "Dark blue... Right, brilliant. I think I'll go with your answer then." She felt like she was intruding in his personal space because the aura he was emitting was not in for a conversation however, Ally did not feel she needed to leave just yet.

"Thanks for your opinion." She decided to go against the idea of purchasing the item and probably hunt for some hot red jeans later on. The color suited her pale skin in her opinion and she considered asking him if he liked red on her. But the idea she thought was dismissed as swiftly as it arrived to her, knowing that perhaps it would be uncomfortable asking a total stranger for some girly, fashion advice regarding her skin. Only women were strictly eligible for those types of things.

Ally started again, hoping in vain he did not find her weird or anything of that level. She was a harmless girl and the only pain she could inflict was by snubbing people and in the end, she held the much guiltier party. "Cute accent." Alliyah said, walking close to the rack of discarded clothes that were hung there by other people before her. She got a hanger and let the denims hang from it before placing the hook of the hanger on the bar. "I'm safely assuming you're pure Scottish and you're living here in New Zealand. Just like me. I'm English and I miss home terribly." Despite the weather in England, she really wanted to get a whiff of its airs and see her friends that brought her to the best parties in Britain's history of fun. Alliyah adored New Zealand but nothing matched her level of love for England. Although being in England was great, she hated having to reside with either of her parents. She did not want to mix family drama with the leisure activities she was always bound to have with her mates.

As the girl replied to his answer Sam doubted about whether the word "brilliant" was said sarcasticly or not, but he figured she wouldn't mean it in that way. The jeans were blue after all. Samuel had always been a good guy and when the girl thanked him he nodded. "Ye'r welcome," He said, "Although I dinnae think mah answer wis really useful tae ye." It was rather funny to think about how he never just walked into a store and the one time he did someone almost immediately talked to him. Not knowing if the girl was done talking to him or if she would continue to talk about something else he moved some shirts on the rack in front of him around to get a good look at them. Some were actually pretty nice and he figured he might buy some later on.

The girl then spoke again and Sam looked back up at her. She mentioned his accent and he smiled. "Thanks I guess 'n' aye it's Scottish. Ah figured ye'r from Englain'." He said, stating the truth. When she had first spoken to him he had noticed her slight accent right away. A lot of his old friends from Hogwarts were English and he would recognize the accent right away. Samuel kept quiet for a while and then asked the question that had popped up in his head. " Thir's nothing wrong wi' missing home, but what brought ye tae New Zealand, if ah kin ask?"

Waiting for an answer Sam realized that she could ask him exactly the same question. What had brought him to New Zealand? Fact was that although he had never been a very upbeat person he had always wanted to see new places and do new things. New Zealand had always been the country he had wanted to go to most, so a few years after graduation when he got the chance, he took it. He had said goodbye to his family and friends and traveled all the way here. His intention was never to stay, just to be there for a few months and then go back home, but at the moment he had been living in New Zealand for almost two years and he had fallen in love with the country. Even if he could never be as happy living somewhere as happy as he was while living in Scotland, he didn't think it was time for him to leave New Zealand yet.

Even if there were people in England whom she strongly took a disliking to, Alliyah still could not resist the beauty of her country and visiting it once in a whilst. Ally could not forget that England held her friends who she once thought forgot about her and in effect cutting all contact with them. Nevertheless, her thoughts turned into the total opposite of jovial when it wandered to them so during her last two visits in the Britain, she was certain to hang out with those people she thought were her one of the best companies one can ever have. She thought the young man as well could use some friends, since he was alone in the store after all. Alliyah also did not want to go back to her bed and curl into a lonely blonde ball, desperately thinking of fun things to do other than have an advance reading. Now hell that was a one way ticket to make her fall asleep for sure.

She nodded when he regarded her accent as well. When she was younger and much jollier, she used to have these accent battles with those of her age and in the end they would end up sucking in for breath because of the overload of giggles. She smiled at him, a feeling of old happiness washing her thoughts that were normally troubled by her family and other pretentious crap. Truly his question made him wonder why she was brought to New Zealand. Of course if not by Hogwarts she would not have been here. Alliyah bit her lip in mild wonder and looked at him to reply. "Well I had to come here for my educational needs. Studying in Hogwarts New Zealand makes you do that." Ally laughed softly, thinking about the second branch of Hogwarts that was now her school. Even if her father had studied in the original Hogwarts school in Scotland, she had never even see the interior of the much older castle. Perhaps it was more massive? Spookier? Ally always wondered about its appearance when it came to the topic of Hogwarts Scotland.

She sifted slowly through the rack of discarded clothes, hoping she would find some cute top or at least a blazer that she can use for going out. There was a pleasant expression on her face, indicating that she was quite warming up to talking with the stranger. "So stranger, are you from Hogwarts New Zealand too? An alumnus, maybe? Is that why you left Scotland?" When her blue eyes reconnected with his, she made sure the tone he heard was something friendly. The way she referred to him as a stranger was lighthearted and not in any way to insult him.

Sam looked down at the girl who was a tad smaller than him while she answered his question. So she was a student at Hogwarts New Zealand, but why wouldn't she just attend Hogarts Scotland? Perhaps she wanted to go somewhere else, but still study at Hogwarts, or perhaps she had a different reason. Sam decided not to ask her, yet. Observing her for a bit he stated to wonder how old the girl was and because of that what year she would be in. to him she didn't appear to be any younger than sixteen, probably seventeen which would mean that she was in her last year at Hogwarts. The year it all depends on in the end. He remembered his last year just fine. His friends and him loved being the oldest teens there and often fooled around while taking breaks from studying for their N.E.W.T.'s.

"A'm an alumnus a'right, just nae fae Hogwarts New Zealand." He answered her question and shot her a smile. She didn't look like a bad person and sounded friendly and sincerely interested while talking to him. Looking like a smart girl Sam let her figure out the fact that he was a Hogwarts Scotland alumnus by herself, it wasn't that hard of a task.

Being called a stranger didn't sound wrong in this conversation. The girl locked eyes with him and seemed to try to make sure that the tone with which she spoke the words was friendly. The young man shot her a warm smile. "Tis nae that I mind ye calling me stranger, bit I wid appreciate it if I could ca' ye by yer name. If you'll want tae share it wi' me, o' course."

When he mentioned he was an alumnus of a certain Hogwarts branch, her eyes shot up onto him and she grinned brightly. "Of course, you're from the Hogwarts Scotland branch!" As someone who was obviously Scottish, Alliyah should have known this earlier. People with that adorable accent who were magical were most likely to have graduated from Hogwarts Scotland. Her father, whose blood came from a line of pure bloods, educated himself in the first Hogwarts branch and according to his stories, everything about that castle was pure magical. Even the most ordinary looking walls had some hidden secret behinds its thick barrier. Stories about that castle were utterly fascinating and meeting someone who studied from that ancient castle enticed her to even get to know him deeper. "How can I not know that?!" She chuckled, the rhetorical question leaving a less tense atmosphere. It changed the feel of it into something much lighter. "Your accent tells everything love," she said, looking at him in a teasing smirk before giggling lightly.

She raised a brow. Was that his way of trying to get her name? If so, it was kind of lame. Alliyah laughed, thinking that though they were pretty tense at first she was warming up to him. Perhaps she should invite him for a drink later on when she rubbed off his shoulder casually. Alliyah smiled and nodding, said, "Of course you can. I'm Ally." The blonde teen beamed at the Scottish lad, thinking to herself that if he came with her for drinks, they would probably have the rest of the evening being exclusively drunk or tipsy, at the very least. Ally though took some more time to just talk to him casually, trying to discern if he was actually up to her as his new friend. "And yours?" She inquired more directly, and let her blue eyes linger on his and tried to perceive whether he liked this conversation or not. She was not good at telling people's feelings based on their body language, but at least she had some senses and her gut feeling was still there, never to abandon her.

"Alright so, why exactly did you leave Scotland again? Business purposes?" Alliyah asked as she took her eyes off him after their brief introductions. He had a nice name too. She went through the rack, letting him see her side view as she looked through the clothes and tried to judge whether it would fit her or if they suited her skin type. Her fairly white skin tended to love darker colors like red. God, she found the red hue sexy as hell. There was a nearby shelf of skinny jeans near him, with colors of sorts. She went to it, looking at him briefly with a small smirk. "Or are you out to chase someone?" By someone, she meant someone that shared the same level of intimacy with him. Someone like his girlfriend or long lost lover or worst, his wife. He was really cute after all, but that did not mean she wanted to bed him here and now. She was merely interested in his background story.

Once the girl had figured out Sam was an Hogwarts Scotland alumnus he smiled. His accent was quite obvious and the girl chuckled about herself not thinking of that before. Most of the people with a magical background that he had met here in New Zealand had quickly figured out where he came from and on what school he must've been, thanks to his accent. It came in handy at times, because some of them weren't as comfortable to talk to as others. "Ah hear that a lot." Sam laughed and looked at her. Talking to her was something Sam didn't mind at this moment, and she didn't seem like she wanted to get away as soon as possible either.

The girl raised an eyebrow and Sam wonderd if he had said anything wrong, but he decided not to worry about it to much. Ally, so that's her name. It could be a shortened version of soemthing, but he'd ask her that later, if there would be a later in this conversation. "Weel nice tae meet ye Ally, A'm Sam." It was not often that he met a girl who seemed so interested in talking to him and Sam most certainly didn't want to blow it.

"Na nae fur business an' Ah'ament chasing a'body." Sam laughed, thinking about what ideas she might have about him. "Ah juist thought that bein' in a land ither than Scotland might dae me some good, so Ah decided tae come her for some time. At th' moment Ah think a've bin 'ere fur two or three years now." He answered her question, not even being sure about how long he had been in the country. He had left Scotland a bit more than a year after his graduation, so it must be around three years. "What about yer?" He looked at Ally with a puzzled look. "Why did yer go tae Hogwarts here an' nae in Scotland?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back